Anime/manga megathread

Skyblue

Reaction score
Started watching Trigun again because why the f*ck not.

Vash :wub:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
^ I gotta start up Psycho-Pass 2 at some point
I'm starting to miss Kagari since I saw Ep. 16, that and I feel bad for Ginoza after what happened to Masaoka at the end of Season 1

Just finished episode 9 of Pyscho-Pass 2. It's still not as good as the first season, imo (it's more of a detective/mystery show rather than a psychological one like the first season), but it's like 5x as f*cked up. It's just so wrong, and borderline gory. Just go and watch it. It's very different, but still really good. It's more of a thriller than anything else, though.

bouVIP

Reaction score
I thought Psycho-Pass 2 was awful and I believe they had a different director or something....but I heard the movie is amazing

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
^ Yeah, I just finished the last episode of Psycho-Pass 2, and meh... I mean, it's not awful per se, but there's A LOT left to be desired compared to season 1. And I mean like, A LOT. It lacks all of the character development of the first season. I believe the main difference is that Gen Urobuchi did not write any of the script for it. I still have to watch the movie though. Some time soon. ;)

bouVIP

Reaction score
Is it nerdy of me that I totally think Veil of Maya's new song Mikasa is a reference to AoT?

Don Vito

Reaction score
Oh man, NHK is ....ing hilarious. I thought it was going to be a total sobfest, but maybe I just haven't gotten there yet. It gives me flashbacks to Watamote, because I feel like I've been there done that. Only this guy is much more likable than Tomoko, who I have come to hate in the past couple chapters of the manga. Really impressed so far, even though I had to revert to the English dub. Dual audio with Russian subs only lol. Luckily, the MC is voiced pretty well.
FINALLY finished. I highly enjoyed this one, but there was one tiny issue that bothered me.

So all the characters in this show are mentally disturbed, but at least by the end they have their happy end and find a way out. Even Sato seems chill, albeit kind of empty near the end. Misaki on the hand, seems to be the same obsessive, but deceptively sweet girl she started out to be. I mean sure Sato was helping her with her education and keeping her company, but I don't feel like she got any sort of long term help that she so obviously needed. She was still too attached with Sato, and he just had to accept this. It's kind of creepy in a way.

In other news, it looks like a certain dead series is getting some sort of spin off/reboot? Now that I think of it, I've been seeing more copies of the Haruhi-chan spin off book when I'm out getting books. Maybe they're trying to dust it off and get it back out there. Makes me sad for some reason.

Is it nerdy of me that I totally think Veil of Maya's new song Mikasa is a reference to AoT?
Haven't heard it yet, but AoT is a really popular show, so probably. ( season 2 still seems so far away ;_; )

edit: the guy in the video actually reminded me of Armin a little lol

Last edited:

wat

Reaction score
FINALLY finished. I highly enjoyed this one, but there was one tiny issue that bothered me.

So all the characters in this show are mentally disturbed, but at least by the end they have their happy end and find a way out. Even Sato seems chill, albeit kind of empty near the end. Misaki on the hand, seems to be the same obsessive, but deceptively sweet girl she started out to be. I mean sure Sato was helping her with her education and keeping her company, but I don't feel like she got any sort of long term help that she so obviously needed. She was still too attached with Sato, and he just had to accept this. It's kind of creepy in a way.

I really, really loved NHK.

I would actually recomend reading the light novels and the manga as well as they are all different but good in their own ways.

Also, Misaki is like Tomoko-tier batshit crazy in the manga, which the anime doesn't show and I think the manga has the best ending. But yeah, NHK. :yesway:

habicore_5150

El Psy Congroove
Reaction score

I sat there looking at the title thinking the same thing

Still waiting for someone to do a album where all the song titles are named after the Angels from Evangelion :lol:

And it looks like there's another anime adaptation in the works called Rokka no Yusha [Video] A Certain Light Novel Gets Anime Adaptation!!

Don Vito

Reaction score
Also, Misaki is like Tomoko-tier batshit crazy in the manga, which the anime doesn't show and I think the manga has the best ending. But yeah, NHK. :yesway:
That scares me :lol: But I'm definitely going to read it. She's a sweet character in the anime, really. But if you look hard enough, there's some sort of borderline yandere quality about her. Maybe it's not the "hack up some girl out of jealousy" yandere, but the obsessive fixation is there.
You could argue that her back story is really sad
, but that's also the case for EVERY yandere character ever.

bouVIP

Reaction score
Rokka no Yusha looks kind of cool~

So I know Kancolle isn't liked much around here, but I enjoyed the anime :p Also started playing the game and have been crazy addicted for the last month.

and this

CBC8G0GU8AAiUZG.jpg

wat

Reaction score
That scares me :lol: But I'm definitely going to read it. She's a sweet character in the anime, really. But if you look hard enough, there's some sort of borderline yandere quality about her. Maybe it's not the "hack up some girl out of jealousy" yandere, but the obsessive fixation is there.
You could argue that her back story is really sad
, but that's also the case for EVERY yandere character ever.

Yeah, agreed on all points. In one of the last episodes where this part happens --->
https://38.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7dytiMdnl1qjlwa8o1_500.gif is like all her issues that were hinted at coming to a head. Her expression when she says she doesn't wanna be lonely & she's falling apart makes you wanna squeeze her and then Satou just leaves her as if he hasn't grown a bit the whole time :wallbash:

I really love that show. Usually I watch my favorite shows twice in a row but this is one I feel like I should wait a year so I can come back to it with a different take.

wat

Reaction score
Watched the 1st episode of Serial Expriments Lain last night. Pretty cool, I like it.

I've kind of dropped Gurren Lagann temporarily like 7 episodes in because I just got bored even though I've seen enough anime by now (trigun, champloo, steins;gate, etc ) to know better than that. :D I've heard it gets super epic, I'll definitely finish it.

I feel bad because i have such a hard time getting through SOA II, i keep trying to watch it and keep drop it. I wanna finish it but at this point i've probly forgotten some key points, yet i don't feel like starting it over.

I wanna watch Guilty Crown, Andnoah Zero, Eureka Eleven, Clannad, Parasyte, and I REALLY wanna just dive headfirst into Ghost In The Shell when I'm ready to just fixate on one anime again like i was with Evangelion for the last couple months.

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
^ Clannad Clannad Clannad Clannad Clannad Clannad Clannad Clannad Clannad Clannad Clannad Clannad Clannad Clannad Clannad Clannad Clannad Clannad Clannad Clannad Clannad Clannad Clannad Clannad Clannad Clannad Clannad Clannad Clannad Clannad Clannad Clannad Clannad Clannad Clannad Clannad Clannad Clannad Clannad Clannad Clannad Clannad Clannad Clannad

just so you can watch Clannad: After Story. *slits wrists*

wat

Reaction score
I actually did watch the first episode of Clannad the other day and liked it. I've heard it's really good and afterstory is amazing. Plus it seems different than what I've seen so far so when I finish Geass R2 and Lain I'll watch it :agreed:

myrtorp

Jiggywiggy
Reaction score
Clannad afterstory....... damn.... first anime to make me cry.. and i dont cry alot. SHIEET

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
I remember episode 3 of Clannad was when it first began to get interesting for me. First season has a lot of sad moments, but it's also pretty funny, and more light-hearted. Afterstory is infinitely better though, and simply doesn't know when to stop hitting you with the feelsbat.

... actually, I feel like I could watch it again. It's been almost two years since I first (and last) watched it. Maybe I should.

But yeah, good to hear you're liking Lain! That's definitely a hard one to get into.

Don Vito

Reaction score
So I know Kancolle isn't liked much around here, but I enjoyed the anime :p Also started playing the game and have been crazy addicted for the last month.
What I said about Kancolle earlier in the thread really wasn't fair, since I only watched 2 episodes. I wouldn't mind picking it back up sometime.

Watched the 1st episode of Serial Expriments Lain last night. Pretty cool, I like it.
Rules to enjoying SEL:

Rule 1.

Love Lain

*slits wrists*

Latest posts

')