Anime/manga megathread

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

wat

Reaction score
Man I'm halfway through Code Geass R2 and this show is really impressive. So sad though. Definitely gonna have to watch this one again a second time to fill in details.

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
inb4 the pain that is to come in the second cour of Unlimited Blade Works, starting tomorrow.

EDIT: funny how Illya is such an adorable fluff ball in F/Z...

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
Aaaannndd there goes Unlimited Budget Works, living up to its hype and being all amazing. The new OP is pretty good too, and I actually like the song a lot better than the first one.

Oh, and crying Tohsaka:

x5rvY2l.png

Cool episode. Stuck well with the VN, and had a really cute ending.

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
^ Never thought of it that way, but yeeaah haha. Also, I knew I recognized that voice, and now that I know who it is, I like the OP THAT much better. She sings one of my favorite songs from one of my favorite anime last year, which coincidentally also has some of my favorite anime music ever. She sings the ED for Zankyou no Terror (a.k.a. Terror in Resonance).

Such a haunting and beautiful song!

wat

Reaction score
^oh yeah i love that song and that show. had no idea it was the same artist. i need to watch that one again, such a good story.

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
^ Yeah, that was a really cool anime. Too bad it was so short and rushed. The animation, moody atmosphere, character concepts, and music were just perfect.

---------------------

EDIT: I just watched the first episode of Plastic Memories. Finally I find something good this season! (Other than UBW and Ghost in the Shell) It is totally adorable. It's like someone took Planetes and Chobits and mashed them together (the second scene of the episode, where Tsukasa is introduced to his new colleagues is pretty much a carbon copy of the that same scene in Planetes; it's uncanny). It's got stereotypical characters and anime tropes everywhere, but they're actually pretty well done and portrayed. This show looks like it will be this season's tear-jerker, too.

Last edited:

wat

Reaction score
Finished Tokyo Ghoul √A and thought it was pretty good. Watched 6 or 7 episodes of Serial Experiments Lain...pretty interesting & it has that certain brand of creepiness that I like.

And finally watched the original Ghost In The Shell movie. So great :bowdown:

Also I just remembered a drunken conversation I had the other night at a party with someone who was absolutely raving about Hayao Miyazaki so now I'm gonna have to check out some of his films.

Skyblue

Reaction score
Also I just remembered a drunken conversation I had the other night at a party with someone who was absolutely raving about Hayao Miyazaki so now I'm gonna have to check out some of his films.

You are. F_cking masterpieces.

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
^ I'm surprised you've never done Miyazaki! Go watch Princess Mononoke. Now. That reminds me, I still need to watch The Tale of Princess Kaguya; that extended trailer for it is one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen:

Also, my sister (who is literally the biggest Tokyo Ghoul freak I have ever seen) absolutely despises the anime. :lol: That last episode of season 2 (which is one of the only 2 eps that I watched of it... I kept getting spoilers from my sis, so I had context) was the one of the worst last episodes I've ever watched.

wat

Reaction score
I've only even begun to concern myself at all with anime within the last year and a half and that was because I stumbled on Attack On Titan by accident and was sucked in within seconds. So yeah- casual, pleb, etc.

Regarding Miyazaki, this guy the other night was absolutely RAVING about his stuff and I typed his name into youtube on my phone so hopefully later on I'd see the name in my search history & it would remind me.

Re: Tokyo Ghoul- Yeah, I've heard that pretty much everyone who has read the manga hates the anime. I was entertained enough but the last few episodes had some weird pacing. I may read the manga but i'm kind of scared to start any new manga because i'm a completionist and...idk. All I've read so far are N.H.K., Attack on Titan & Sidonia which I'm current in.

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
^ aahh right! I'd forgotten you just recently got into anime. Fair enough, then! :lol:

But yeah, supposedly the TG manga is very different. It also finished, but they revamped it with a slightly new story, which is still coming out... they're milking it as much as they can. :lol:

And don't worry. For as much anime as I've seen (which isn't a lot compared to most hardcore fans, honestly), I've only ever read 3 manga: D.Gray-Man, Elfen Lied, and Rurouni Kenshin.

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
Spammiiiinnnnggg!

I loved this AMV. It's every single band experience I ever had (you know, when I used to do that stuff :lol:) plus anime. Pretty cool that this AMV was completely edited in 2 hours and in front of a live audience; this girl doesn't cease to impress me with the quality of her videos.

habicore_5150

El Psy Congroove
Reaction score
One of my friends (who got me into Soul Eater) told me about another anime called Shokugeki no Souma
I didn't watch all the way through the 1st episode, but from what I've seen was just....just...what?

...and then I saw a couple of pics of scenes from some of the episodes
:holy:

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
^ I've heard of it, and how ridiculous it is... it's kind of funny that it's named similarly to Rail Wars. Boob burgers? Bouncing jello titties? Buttcheek-skirt sandwich? idk...

')