Anime/manga megathread

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
Aaahh you finally got there. :) I actually had no idea about the Michael Tatum thing, as I haven't seen the dub. Not surprised though. :lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bouVIP

Reaction score
I actually just finished Steins;gate awhile back myself. Great stuff

JEngelking

Gravity is Shifting!
Reaction score
Steins;Gate is awesome, I finished binging that show a couple months ago with some friends.

I've not posted in this thread or looked into it before, but I'll have to use it to get some new info on shows to watch, as I'm relatively new to watching anime and am rather slow about doing so. :lol:

So far I've watched Steins;Gate, Attack on Titan, Code Geass, a couple episodes of Cowboy Bebop, and I'm currently in the process of watching Gurren Lagann. All of these shows I like. :agreed: I think next I'm gonna watch either Higurashi, or Evangelion.

Don Vito

Reaction score
Take it from a former fanboy, the Higurashi anime isn't very good in my opinion. The first chapter of the game is being released to Steam this month, so I would wait and play that if you really need some Higurashi in your life. The manga seems decent as well, but I've only read the canon side stories for it. Evangelion is a safer bet.

KJGaruda

Likes a good riff
Reaction score
I finished Gurren Lagan a week or so ago and I'm feverishly waiting for the 4th Evangelion movie to come out.

I started on Berserk finally after 3 years of procrastination and watching the 3-part movie last weekend. All I can say about that one is... :ugh: (in a good way)

habicore_5150

El Psy Congroove
Reaction score
So...how to describe Steins;Gate in about 2 words

"Emotional Roller-coaster" maybe?

Now that I'm done watching it (of course, I'll watch it all again in the future [provided my future self doesn't send a D-Mail instructing that I shouldn't :lol:] ), I might start up on Death Parade and I've heard that it's a 12 episode feel trip

wat

Reaction score
Dat Fate/SN :agreed:

I just finished Parasyte & wow :bowdown: freaking incredible :bowdown: I really wasn't expecting this to be as good as it was. Reminded me of Steins;Gate in a lot of ways. Definitely gonna have to re-watch this one and I'm gonna read the manga for sure. Murano is my new best anime girl :wub:

Finished Serial Experiments Lain & liked it a lot. Gonna have to watch it a second time because after doing a little reading I see there is a lot of cool stuff I didnt pick up on.

I feel guilty because I got bored with Clannad AND Guerren Lagan. :( I probably just need to go a little farther for things to pick up.

feverishly waiting for the 4th Evangelion movie to come out.

Seriously. Can't get enough Evangelion.

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
And, again, dat Fate/Stay Night. :bowdown:

Finally, the big reveal of Archer's identity is out (although the show had hinted at it very strongly already), and they did so beautifully. It's something I love about the UBW route; the build-up to revealing who Archer is is really well done, and then the climax is intense as sh*t. Hopefully, that'll come within the next couple of episodes. Still some good stuff to come there. Aaaaahhgggg I'm super excited for this show, damn it.

Also, what's up with the next-episode preview on that last episode? Was it just me or did the imagery hint at Heaven's Feel? You know, with the black bishop chess piece and the red tribal patterns reminiscent of Sakura's in Heavens Feel.

And yesss, I still need to finished Parasyte. I stopped it a while back, but I need to get back into it.

Also, try to make it through Clannad. Once you get to After Story, you won't want to stop. And, if you do want to stop, it will be to rip your own heart out.

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
Wait whaaaaaa- :eek: do you happen to have the source? I need detaiiilllsss! D: I feel like manga would be an even better medium to convey that story than the original visual novel... not accounting for the music, of course, which is a good part of the reason why that VN is so good.

mrdm53

Reaction score

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
Well damn, thanks man! I think this might well be the 4th manga I ever read. :lol: Gotta prepare for that movie later this year/next year!

mrdm53

Reaction score
Keijo!!! An unusual battle manga using Fan Service as MC's (and everyone) main weapon

both fun and unique at the same time, who else think that boobs and ass can be used as weapon?

Latest posts

')