Anime/manga megathread

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
Hahahaha no idea how I forgot about those! :lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

habicore_5150

El Psy Congroove
Reaction score
And then there's K Project

From what I've been told it's supposed to be pretty good, albeit a bit short like Mekakucity Actors (which I don't mind, just wanna watch something good)

Kinda helps that the same guy who mentioned K Project is a fan of the Tales series, and the dub is supposed to have a good number of VAs who worked with some Tales games before...which may or may not contribute to me checking it out soon :lol:

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
Huh, quite the contrast there, between F/Z and SAO! Only similarities will be the music, though I still liked Kajiura's work in F/Z more memorable.

And I am curious... is it just me on this board that has seen the Kara no Kyoukai movies? It's so .... that I literally have no one to talk about them with. Everybody seems to watch anime, but nobody seems to know Kara no Kyoukai, and that makes me sadface. :(

Skyblue

Reaction score
Huh, quite the contrast there, between F/Z and SAO! Only similarities will be the music, though I still liked Kajiura's work in F/Z more memorable.
Yeah, I kinda wanted a change in direction and a friend recommended SAO so there we are! I'll probably come back for F/SN in a bit~

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
For anybody that loves Elfen Lied's OP soundtrack, Lilium: (which I like to assume is everybody. :D)

This arrangement is so great.

Don Vito

Reaction score
The only anime I've watched recently is Dragonball: Resurrection of F(rieza), in what appeared to be cell phone footage from a south Asian movie theater.

Overall I liked it better than the last one, since this had more fighting. But the ending was so bad it ruined everything. I'm going to spoil it cause it's so .... and no one here gives a hoot about an anime for over caffeinated 10 year olds. So basically Frieza blows up earth, wins cause he can breathe in space, but Beerus and Whis entrap Goku, Vegeta, Roshi, ect.. in a flying space bubble, and Whis is like "I'm going to turn back time so Goku doesn't .... up". Goku indeed doesn't .... up and stops Frieza before he unleashes his energy attack. The end.

I hope Dragonball Super is better than these movies.

For anybody that loves Elfen Lied's OP soundtrack, Lilium: (which I like to assume is everybody. :D)

This arrangement is so great.

Lilium has been stuck in my head so much recently and I have no idea why. There are 2 tracks on the new Veil of Maya album called Nyu and Lucy. Not much to say other than that, since I haven't read the lyrics or listened to the songs haha.

Last edited:

JosephAOI

Thinks Jazz = Metal
Reaction score
Yo guys, I just finished watching the first season of Attack On Titan, was wondering what I should look into next? I was gonna go online and read all of the manga that's been released but I didn't know if I should wait for the second season to be released or if there's anything else out for it?

Don Vito

Reaction score
Yo guys, I just finished watching the first season of Attack On Titan, was wondering what I should look into next? I was gonna go online and read all of the manga that's been released but I didn't know if I should wait for the second season to be released or if there's anything else out for it?
If you're desperate for answers, season 2 probably won't go too deep. The manga has just recently started to get interesting again. I liked the anime better though, and I wish I had waited for it, but I lost patience. :lol:

Last edited:

Dusty Chalk

Reaction score
I finally saw episode 4 of Ghost in the Shell: Arise. It was good.

That is all.

(Yeah, I still haven't even seen The Wind Rises, much less ...Princess Kaguya...)

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
^ lol I've been going on about how much I want to watch The Tale of Princess Kaguya for like a year now, and I still haven't. I've been waiting for the right time, I guess, whatever and whenever that happens to be.

I began to follow GitS: Arise - Alternative Architecture and it's actually pretty good. I intend on finishing at some point.

For now, however, I will go watch yesterday's episode of UBW, since I still haven't. :D (Blasphemous, I know.)

If you're desperate for answers, season 2 probably won't go too deep. The manga has just recently started to get interesting again. I liked the anime better though, and I wish I had waited for it, but I lost patience. :lol:

Is there even a release date for the second season? I know there's this side-story OVA they came out with, detailing Levi's and (I think) Erwin's past, or something. I forget what it's called though. It came out either last season (winter), or the one before last (fall).

Dusty Chalk

Reaction score
Oh, I forgot -- watched the first Berserk movie from the recent reboot (the Golden Age Arc 1: The Egg of the King) on Netflix streaming -- great, can't wait to see things get as messed up as they will get.

source field

Reaction score

You should check out the OVA episodes.

habicore_5150

El Psy Congroove
Reaction score
After beating around the bush with it for a while, got around to watching K Project a few hours ago and I just finished it this minute

It's really good

Don Vito

Reaction score
In other news, my sister designed these and she finally got the shipment! :D

20150319_123423.jpg
Who did your sister go through to have this made? Did she draw the picture, and if so, does she take commissions?

I'm trying to get a daki of a minor SAO character, but the only ones I can find online are lewd as heck. I've got 2 or so pictures saved that I could have printed on. Google would have given me some names by now, but whoever made that one seems like a safe bet.

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
Oh, also, I began watching Sound! Euphonium, and it's REALLY cool if you ever were in school band. I like that, at least the first 3-4 episodes, focus mostly on the music side of things, and the dynamics involved in orchestrating a large band, and how each member's attitude towards the band (i.e. whether they take it seriously or not) will impact the performance of it. It's also absolutely hilarious without being an over-the-top comedy anime. It's pretty slow paced though, but I don't mind that.

I also began watching Kyousou-Giga. Hilarious, over the top visual mindf*ckery, and does not take long to hit those feels. It has a really unique style, slightly reminiscent of something Gainax would make (reminds me of FLCL in a way). It's really cool.

Don Vito

Reaction score
On ep. 5 of The Devil is a Part Timer. Basically Satan gets stuck on earth with none of his powers, and has to slum it as a McDonald's employee while scheming to invade the planet.
Has kind of an Ika Musume/Invader Zim thing going on. Super funny, and even has some serious action elements to it.

I got a new figure 2 days ago.
1434661104423.jpg

Paint job is a bit spotty, but overall I'm happy with it.

')