Anime/manga megathread

Don Vito

Reaction score
She's pretty much background decoration for whenever there's an Asuna scene lol.

Last edited:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

myrtorp

Jiggywiggy
Reaction score
I finished Log Horizon, season 1 and 2. First one was pretty alright, some nice twists and turns. 2nd one picks up directly where the 1st one ended. Its here that I feel like they lose focus a bit, they could easily have ended it here, but it keeps going with spreading plots and I really lost patience with it when I realized its gonna be ANOTHER season or more before the story ends. Oh well!

Now im watching Highscool DxD. It's just downright ridicolous, in all the fights the womens clothes gets torn off and the main character is a huge perv. Its nice to blend some easy going stuff in between.

Next up is Sword Art Online II!

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
More like Unlimited Wreckage Works.

:lol: I'm curious to know why you say that. Is it in a literal sense, or because you didn't like it? I can't blame you for the latter. The last few episodes were kinda wonky, and the changes they made (especially concerning the design for the Holy Grail) weren't necessarily for the better, not to mention the bizarre pacing. Also, is it just me, or have the last couple of episodes seen a major downgrade in the art department? It seems the animation is still fairly fluid, but there's a lot less detail in the art compared to the first season, and even the first half of this second cours. Even then, however, and being the fanboy that I am, I'm super pleased with how it turned out. Not perfect, but finally this part of the story is told in more glorifying detail. Oh, and that
Shiro vs. Gilgamesh fight was intense as f*ck, and a lot more memorable than even in the visual novel imo. As much as I like him, seeing Gilgamesh get a sword to the face is one of the most satisfying moments in the anime.
Now we just need the Epilogue episode, and we're done. :(

And then Heaven's Feel, whenever that may come out...

EDIT: forgot to mention that, in this penultimate episode, I REALLY appreciate the use of the remixes of the original VN soundtrack. Makes it feel very nostalgic, and really intense.

stevo1

ClearTrack Studios
Reaction score
No, I was saying that because of the ending of the Gilgamesh fight :lol:. I haven't followed the storyline besides watching the new anime and 5 minutes of the old version so I can't really comment on the quality of it compared to how it was in past versions.

I loved the show however!

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
LOOOVED the last episode of UBW! It was like an extended version of the visual novel's epilogue for that route, but with a more cinematic twist.

Also, this might be THE most kawaii/badass/nosebleed-inducing thing I have seen so far in anime. Tohsaka in her sports suit is just AIUSDFLIASDG. I hope they don't take this video down any time soon...

Also interesting to see Luvia in here. She's a character in Hollow Ataraxia (the sequel to the original VN). I guess that means that I gotta play Hollow Ataraxia now. :eek:

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
Done with Sound! Euphonium (a.k.a. Hibike! Euphonium) and what a brilliant show. The most well-rounded Kyoto Animation show I've ever watched and my favorite one after Clannad: After Story. It's a music anime that is ACTUALLY about music. Damn near perfect. So many feels.

mrdm53

Reaction score
I finished Log Horizon, season 1 and 2. First one was pretty alright, some nice twists and turns. 2nd one picks up directly where the 1st one ended. Its here that I feel like they lose focus a bit, they could easily have ended it here, but it keeps going with spreading plots and I really lost patience with it when I realized its gonna be ANOTHER season or more before the story ends. Oh well!

Now im watching Highscool DxD. It's just downright ridicolous, in all the fights the womens clothes gets torn off and the main character is a huge perv. Its nice to blend some easy going stuff in between.

Next up is Sword Art Online II!

Don't watch Highschool DxD anime. not worthed it. LN version much better

:lol: I'm curious to know why you say that. Is it in a literal sense, or because you didn't like it? I can't blame you for the latter. The last few episodes were kinda wonky, and the changes they made (especially concerning the design for the Holy Grail) weren't necessarily for the better, not to mention the bizarre pacing. Also, is it just me, or have the last couple of episodes seen a major downgrade in the art department? It seems the animation is still fairly fluid, but there's a lot less detail in the art compared to the first season, and even the first half of this second cours. Even then, however, and being the fanboy that I am, I'm super pleased with how it turned out. Not perfect, but finally this part of the story is told in more glorifying detail. Oh, and that
Shiro vs. Gilgamesh fight was intense as f*ck, and a lot more memorable than even in the visual novel imo. As much as I like him, seeing Gilgamesh get a sword to the face is one of the most satisfying moments in the anime.
Now we just need the Epilogue episode, and we're done. :(

And then Heaven's Feel, whenever that may come out...

EDIT: forgot to mention that, in this penultimate episode, I REALLY appreciate the use of the remixes of the original VN soundtrack. Makes it feel very nostalgic, and really intense.

more like Unlimited Bitchin' Works.

Mr-Jemhead93

I think I'm profound
Reaction score
Anyone here a fan of Hajimme no Ippo? I've been binge watching it lately I'm already on Hajimme no Ippo: Rising, I never thought a boxing anime would be so freaking amazing!

Don Vito

Reaction score
Monster Musume is the best anime ever
I have a friend who's really obsessed with the snake girl. Monster girl anything puts up a red flag for me usually, because of the uhhh... fetish aspects in the subculture. But I don't know, Monster Musume sounds kind of fun. I'll check it out since I really need some fresh 2015 anime.

edit: According to recent research, Saiyan girls with their tails still in tact are considered monster girls, AND I'M OKAY WITH THIS.

tacotiklah

I am Denko (´・ω・`)
Reaction score
I actually just finished Steins;gate awhile back myself. Great stuff

Probably the best anime I've seen yet. I'm still a newcomer in all of this, but
the part where Ruka had to change back to being a boy made me cry. It's a trans thing. :lol:

Devyn Eclipse Nav

Avid Open C Enthusiast, Aspiring Ghibli Wizard
Reaction score
Monster girl anything puts up a red flag for me usually, because of the uhhh... fetish aspects in the subculture.

Fun fact - Monster Musume is adapted from some hentai comics of the same characters that the original artist made under the title of "My Life With Monster Girl" - or something of that nature.

So in that regard, I can hardly blame you

Don Vito

Reaction score
Hahahaha, it always ends up in the sex dungeon with the monster girl genre. I actually don't care that much tbh.

habicore_5150

El Psy Congroove
Reaction score
About 5 episodes in and I can see why one of my friends said that Death Parade was quite a feel trip

*EDIT as of 9:55PM*

Aaand with that Feel Parade is finished :D

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone watched Dragon Ball Super yet? Can't say anything yet, because nothing's really happened, but I get so excited watching it :lol: I feel like I'm 10 years old again. I don't usually get into super long anime, but I hope they run this one for like 350 episodes. No such thing as too much Dragon Ball.

Don Vito

Reaction score
Whaaaaaaaaaaat???!! I didn't know it had aired yet. I'm on such a Dragonball kick this year. I've been watching the TV re-runs they're doing on Saturdays over here. I could DL the whole series, but it's more authentic to wait for each episode like I did when I was a kid. So much fun, honestly. I even started to read the original Dragonball manga a little.

There's also some new content like the Resurrection of F, which I watched a ....ty theater bootleg of, and well.... I wrote about it a few pages back and pretty much hated it due to the absurdly lazy ending, but one of the local theaters is showing it next month, so I'm going to go just because anime films are rarely shown where I live.

And then there's the Xenoverse game, which I don't own, but like to mess around with at this game shop that has the full game set up to play. Basically you create your own character and play this alternate dimension in the DBZ universe. The controls are perfect. They really nailed how it would feel in the show to fly around, teleport, unleash energy/ki attacks. Wish I had a system or good enough PC to play it on.

Anyways, going to check out that Super episode asap.

edit: If anyone has a link to an English subbed version, that would be much appreciated! The one I got from nyaa is Greek.

edit 2: Goku on a tractor.

Last edited:

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
Goku on an freaking tractor, indeed. :rofl: I'm watching AE's version, which is also on nyaa. You gotta skim through the first couple of pages to find the first 3 episodes though, they're far between.

I really wanna watch Resurrection F. The art and the animation looked gorgeous in the trailers and previews I've seen, tbh, and I just want all of that blue-haird Super Saiyan God stuff. And gold Frieza.

I'e also always wanted to play Xenoverse, as it looks goddamn great, and now has playable characters and transformations from the latest two films.

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
For whoever is interested, I just found out that Netflix finally added season 2 of Knights of Sidonia. I can finally watch it in good quality without having to spend 3 hours looking for the latest episode online only to find a low quality stream.

')