Anime/manga megathread

Fat-Elf

Banned
Reaction score
Needed some real moeblob action so I started watching Himouto! Umaru-chan which turned out to be really entertaining. I really like the OP. :D

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Fat-Elf

Banned
Reaction score
Well at least this show doesn't make you sit through a bunch of idol dorama for 2 minutes of the chang' :agreed:

Literally my thoughts. I'm still waiting for someone to make that Anzu compilation on Youtube. :scream:

bouVIP

Reaction score
School-Live and Umaru-chan are 2 of my favorite ones from this season.

Anyone watch Shimoneta(A Boring World Where the Concept of Dirty Jokes Doesn’t Exist )? It's ridiculous haha Definitely check it out if you liked SYD

wat

Reaction score
Just watched Claymore and loved it. Really drew me in although the highlight of the story for me was the part near the beginning with teresa of the faint smile. I would love to see UFOtable remake this with Fate style fighting and epic facial expressions.

Speaking of, finished all of Unlimited blade works and loved it.

Still obsessed with evangelion. :eek:

Still need to pick up clannad again and i should probably just start SOA II over again.

Started watching Elfen Lied the other night but I have to rewatch the first couple episodes because I was too drunk, lol. But I can already tell I'm gonna love it.

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
So, I just found out that the Attack on Titan live-action film is being screened at my university tonight for the Fantasia Film Festival. This happens right the day before I fly back into town. No point in that either because the movie is sold out. T___T For what it's worth, I read a review, and it's apparently pretty sh!t.

... yesterday they also screened Rurouni Kenshin: The Legend Ends, which I have been DYING to watch after watching Kyoto Inferno at the festival last year.

*cries*

Don Vito

Reaction score
I saw a trailer for the SnK film tonight. Pretty sure it's the same one on Youtube, but yeah, it looked so-so. I'd still like to see it of course, but no idea yet if it's coming here.

Also, I redact every statement I've made about Resurrection of F. Seeing it at the theaters was a much better experience than watching it in a 2 part webm :rofl:

I also paid more attention this time around, and the ending finally makes sense now. It's still not the best ending, and I could feel a slight air of disappointment from people who hadn't seen the film yet(it's only been screening since yesterday). But there's one part earlier in the movie where Goku and Vegeta are training with Whis(not much of a spoiler, as it happens so early into the movie). If you really pay attention to this part, it links up with the ridiculously OTT ending, and actually makes a point. But there's so much flashy fighting and screaming going on the rest of the movie, that I feel most people didn't pick up on this detail at all. I certainly didn't the first time around.

There's also some great fight scenes with the old school Z fighters I forgot about(I skimmed over my original viewing so much it wasn't even funny). Like Master Roshi and Tien going at it with Frieza's army.

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
Haha man, I'm dying to watch it. I know it's screening in Canada in some cinemas. I'm gonna try to find out how long it'll be screening for and when, so hopefully I can go watch it after the con this weekend. Good to hear it's better than you first found it though. The clips on YouTube look amazing.

tacotiklah

I am Denko (´・ω・`)
Reaction score
So I'm scrolling through netflix and I can't seem to find another anime that piques my interest enough. I was considering Expelled from Paradise though. Is it any good?

Don Vito

Reaction score
So I'm scrolling through netflix and I can't seem to find another anime that piques my interest enough. I was considering Expelled from Paradise though. Is it any good?

On ep. 5 of The Devil is a Part Timer. Basically Satan gets stuck on earth with none of his powers, and has to slum it as a McDonald's employee while scheming to invade the planet.
Has kind of an Ika Musume/Invader Zim thing going on. Super funny, and even has some serious action elements to it.

When I was trying out Netflix, this was one of my favorite shows they had.

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score

Not sure what you guys have in the US, or what you're interested in specifically, but if you like a good fantasy adventure anime, Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit is really, really good. If you like fantasy adventure with a more calm yet brooding atmosphere, watch Mushishi. The Madoka Magica series is also pretty awesome if you manage to get past the whole magical girls thing (of which it is meant to be a deconstruction). I also see they just added the first season of Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works, but I understand that that show isn't for everyone.

Don Vito

Reaction score
Oh yeah, I forgot Madoka was on netflix. Really need to re-watch that one.... some time later this year. The feels are still fresh.

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
So it's Otakuthon weekend here in Montreal. Amazing con so far. Will write up more about it after it's over. So far, this picture best describes my excitement. Photoshoot after the Fate/Type-Moon panel. Still gotta work on that Fate cosplay. Perhaps Kiritsugu for next year.

20150808_210040.jpg

Dusty Chalk

Reaction score
Crossplay always cracks me up. You gotta have bigger kahunas...er... more extroversion than I do to pull something like that off. My respect to that guy.

Um...

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
lol yeah, it's an old(ish) onesie, and the lower buttonhole is too lose for the button to hold. :lol: Since I had no cosplay, I had no choice but to wear that at least for that day haha. And yeah, there were a lot of crossplays this year, and most of them were really good (save for the really, really skimpy outfits. But, then again, those have never really been my thing). It sounds like fun, but, like you said, I don't yet have the balls (though I'd like to someday do a Sheik crossplay). We still have people over at my place that came over to Montreal for the con, so once they leave in a couple of days and I have more free time, I'll make a post just to get my thoughts out about it and post a few pics.

Bonus: one of the Sabers in the pic is a friend of ours and is actually staying at our place. I've never ever nerded so hard over the Fate franchise with anybody irl before, aside from the Fate panel at the con. I finally found someone who understands me. :lol:

Why, hello there, post-con depression. :(

')