Anime/manga megathread

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
Also, I am kind of absolutely in love with Carnival Phantasm right now.

Like, that OP, I can't even.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dusty Chalk

Reaction score
So many comments, I can't spill them all -- that photographer gets some great shots. I really dig that Spirited Away print. And your shirt.

Don Vito

Reaction score
Alberto, that is too much for me to come up with anything meaningful to reply with, so I'll just say I'm glad you had fun. :lol: I'm still on the fence whether or not I want to go the con we have down here. Most of the guests are English actors that I don't have any particular attachment to, but it still might be fun to go watch the bands and pick up some swag.

I also found out they're screening that SnK live action here next month, so now I'm obligated to go see it even though I don't want to. :lol:

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
Haha it was fun indeed. I find it hard to put those kinds of experiences into words, because there's a lot to them, and I've become increasingly lazy when it comes to writing (which is ironic, because I do love writing these things for other people to read). My suggestion is that you DO go to the con, even if just to walk around, see some cosplays, and/or meet new people. The English voice actors's panels and Q&As are usually a ton of fun. Most of them are very interesting people and always have cool stories to tell.

Also, I got a hold of that SnK/AoT live action, and it's sitting on my laptop waiting to be watched... I've heard so many comments already on how terrible it is, I kind of really want to watch it. :lol:

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
I've heard so many comments already on how terrible it is

Color me unsurprised, another anime adopted into live action that doesn't do well

bouVIP

Reaction score
Also, I am kind of absolutely in love with Carnival Phantasm right now.

Like, that OP, I can't even.

Looks like you had fun at the con! I still want to go to one.

Also yes Carnival Phantasm OP is the best OP ever and the series is so funny

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
^ Man, Carnival Phantasm... I may be somewhat biased, but it's honestly one of the most hilarious anime shows I've ever watched, if only because of how goddamn meta and utterly self-conscious it is. :rofl: I rarely laugh out loud while watching anime, but this has me in stitches. I'm even loving the Tsukihime and Melty Blood episodes (games that I've never even played). It's just such a charming show. I just finished Ilya's Castle special, and the fact that that's an actual mini-game from Fate/Hollow Ataraxia and that the voice actors are just giving live commentary has made me watch it three times in a row. :lol: And Medea's Saber figurine collection. :rofl: I feel like I came too late to the Carnival Phantasm party, much like Nero Saber. :rofl:

tl;dr Carnival Phantasm I just can't even so much as the f*ck.

tacotiklah

I am Denko (´・ω・`)
Reaction score
Decided to give absolutely no f**ks, so I'm gonna binge watch Yugioh. It's actually better than I thought, though it has some definitely cheese moments in it. :lol:

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
Nooo shaaammeeee :lol: I always say I'm gonna watch anime that I used to watch as a kid, but I never really do. I really like Yu-Gi-Oh! for the card game, and I always liked it more than the anime itself, but it was a total blast at the time lol.

Just finished Carnival Phantasm. As short as it was, it's left a hole in my soul.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Decided to give absolutely no f**ks, so I'm gonna binge watch Yugioh. It's actually better than I thought, though it has some definitely cheese moments in it. :lol:

I've tried to find the Seto Kaiba and YuGi duel during the Pegasus Tournament to see if it's as climatic as I remember, but man, WB Kids have that .... taken down everywhere

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
The first two seasons, including that battle, are on netflix.

Really?

I thought they just had the later stuff that got really confusing and self-inflated, like GX, and all that noise.

Oh well, I ended up Googling the duel and read a summary of how it went down, turns out I was right and as an adult it is very anti-climatic (and 100% douchebaggery on Kaiba's part)

broj15

Reaction score
Am I the only one stoked for the new chapter of Berserk next week?

tacotiklah

I am Denko (´・ω・`)
Reaction score
Really?

I thought they just had the later stuff that got really confusing and self-inflated, like GX, and all that noise.

Oh well, I ended up Googling the duel and read a summary of how it went down, turns out I was right and as an adult it is very anti-climatic (and 100% douchebaggery on Kaiba's part)

Yeah, they got a whole 4 part block of the whole duel, plus the episodes that follow after that.

You'd think Seto Kaiba would stop being such a dick after Yugi saved both him and his brother. As you watch season 2, you'd realize you were wrong. If anything, he became even more of a dick. :lol:

Fat-Elf

Banned
Reaction score
My Steam friend has a really weird anime avatar and I got curious what anime it was from. I found out that it's called Shimoneta (for short). I watched a couple of episodes of it today and I'm loving it! It's an ecchi/comedy but it actually has a clear plot which makes it interesting to watch. I definitely recommend checking it out but I gotta warn that it's really raunchy. Even raunchier than Seitokai Yakuindomo, I think. :D

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
^ Huh, interesting you mention Seitokai. Just yesterday I was trying find out where one of angela's songs that they performed at the con had come from. After a bit of digging I realized that one it came from Seitokai Yakuindomo. I saw a clip from the anime, and it looks totally hilarious, so I think I may just watch it at some point.

The song in question was Aoi Haru by angela:

EDIT: in other news, I've finally begun playing Fate/Hollow Ataraxia, since I found out that the final version of fan translation was finally completed and quality-checked last year.

bouVIP

Reaction score
My Steam friend has a really weird anime avatar and I got curious what anime it was from. I found out that it's called Shimoneta (for short). I watched a couple of episodes of it today and I'm loving it! It's an ecchi/comedy but it actually has a clear plot which makes it interesting to watch. I definitely recommend checking it out but I gotta warn that it's really raunchy. Even raunchier than Seitokai Yakuindomo, I think. :D

oh it's really really really really raunchy

')