Anime/manga megathread

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Choop

uwu
Reaction score
Watched the 3 movies for Berserk about the golden age...and got super intrigued so I started reading the ridiculously long manga lol. It makes me sad to find out that the series may not ever actually end with any closure, but I just can't stop reading it. D:

bouVIP

Reaction score
I love Shokugeki no Soma! It's pretty ridiculous early on, but there's an actual plot and they tone down the crazy foodgasm scenes later. The characters are funny too. It's very shounen like though so if that's not your thing you probably wouldn't like it anyways.

Also the original artist for the mangaka has a career of making hentai.....which is relevant....

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
Interesting plot

I'll see myself out of this thread now :(

:rofl: It's okay, that's what this thread is for. :lol:

Also the original artist for the mangaka has a career of making hentai.....which is relevant....

Then there's that... :lol:

Although it's a very common thing in the industry: GoBoiano - 29 Famous Manga and Anime Artists That Have Done Hentai
11. Ken Akamatsu (Love Hina)Akamatsu got his start in the industry drawing a hardcore Cardcaptor Sakura doujin, and I am so sorry for mentioning that.

My childhood... :ugh:

habicore_5150

El Psy Congroove
Reaction score
I love Shokugeki no Soma! It's pretty ridiculous early on, but there's an actual plot and they tone down the crazy foodgasm scenes later. The characters are funny too. It's very shounen like though so if that's not your thing you probably wouldn't like it anyways.

Welp, that explains some of the scenes in there

Still gonna watch it :lol:

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
Watched the 3 movies for Berserk about the golden age...and got super intrigued so I started reading the ridiculously long manga lol. It makes me sad to find out that the series may not ever actually end with any closure, but I just can't stop reading it. D:

One of the only three manga I've ever decided to read (D.Gray-Man), never finished. The mangaka (forget her name) is apparently pretty infamous for putting a lot of her work in hiatus and never actually finishing.

bouVIP

Reaction score
Why Alberto7!!!! I did not expect Sgt. Frog mangaka ;-;

A lot of the other ones make sense though like Air Gear lol

One of the only three manga I've ever decided to read (D.Gray-Man), never finished. The mangaka (forget her name) is apparently pretty infamous for putting a lot of her work in hiatus and never actually finishing.

Apparently she had some legal dispute with Jump over DGM rights or something......and a lot of other crap that I'm not sure is true or not....either way doesn't look like it'll be continuing soon....

habicore_5150

El Psy Congroove
Reaction score
Already finished ep1 of Shokugeki no Soma, and yeah...it was as ridiculous as people say it is

In a good way

And of course, I had to pick the worst possible time to watch this: about an hour before I start grilling out

wat

Reaction score
Finished Serial Experiments Lain and thought it was pretty cool.

Clannad is well underway & I like it :yesway:

DanielC1996

Reaction score
I finished watching Welcome to the NHK today not usually the type of anime I find myself liking but damn, it was funny and totally relatable also started Seraph of the end today it's looking to be pretty cool right now

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
With finals right around the corner, I havent had much time for anything this past week... however, there is always time for Fate/Stay Night when it's released every Saturday a little past noon. And holy ...., am I fangasming all over this thing, and harder than ever. This adaptation is so great. So far I like it even better than I remember liking the visual novel's namesake route. Rin is best tsundere ever, if I can even call her that.
Ilya :( :(... totally saw it coming, obvs, but it is as... heartbreaking as ever *ba-dum-tissss*

habicore_5150

El Psy Congroove
Reaction score
Got kinda busy myself, though I got a few recommendations from another friend of mine
Steins;Gate (I'm sure I've seen the hype surrounding it in this thread at least 4 or 5 times), Assassination Classroom and Death Parade

DanielC1996

Reaction score
^ You cannot go wrong with Assassination Classroom you'll laugh your ass off or well at least I am xD,actually watching it as I type this. Death Parade is super cool as well! Also if you wind up liking Stein's Gate you'll love Robotics Notes.So far this year Funimation is just putting out great stuff

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
Never watched Assassination Classroom, but I followed Death Parade weekly as it came out. Wonderful show. Very thought-provoking. Classy and relaxing, but still keeps you on edge, if that makes any sense haha. However, I really disliked how they handled some situations, and I disliked the last episode. I just feel like it should have been fleshed out much, much more. There was a lot of unused potential. It actually reminds me slightly of Cowboy Bebop (minus the fact that Cowboy Bebop is pretty much perfect :lol:).

EDIT: it also had, BY FAR, the best OP of that entire season, and easily one of my favorite OPs that I remember. ED is also really, really cool.

habicore_5150

El Psy Congroove
Reaction score
^ You cannot go wrong with Assassination Classroom you'll laugh your ass off or well at least I am xD,actually watching it as I type this. Death Parade is super cool as well! Also if you wind up liking Stein's Gate you'll love Robotics Notes.So far this year Funimation is just putting out great stuff

Have yet to watch Robotics;Notes. Guess I'll add another to the list (Of plan to watch. That section must be overflowing by now :lol:)

*EDIT as of 10 AM*

So, how about that new season of Dragon Ball?
Dragon Ball Gets 1st New TV Anime in 18 Years in July - News - Anime News Network

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
^ Aaahh I came in here to post just that!

All I have to say is :scream::scream::scream::scream::hbang::hbang::hbang::hbang::hbang::hbang::fever::fever::fever::fever::ryan::ryan::pickle::pickle::frantic::frantic::frantic::frantic::frantic::frantic::frantic::frantic::frantic::frantic::frantic:

habicore_5150

El Psy Congroove
Reaction score
Well, I can see why Steins;Gate gets such a good rep from a lot of people
Just finished episode 13 and I'm liking what I'm seeing

I'm sure everyone kinda knows, but in that episode, J Michael Tatum mentioned at a panel in AWA 2014 that he had a legit breakdown during the recording of one of his lines in that episode

')