Another 7 on the way

• Thread starter angusyoungwanabe
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

angusyoungwanabe

ss.org's Diabetic
Reaction score
so im driving to meet my friend at GC, so we can jam and he can give me my birthday gift (turned 20 on election day). so i got down there, 1st thing i do is grab the schecter HR7. i just love that thing. different than the RG7321, thats for sure. so i start looking into the ibanez section and wander into the back where i see my my good salesman, Nick, and at his feet i see, no......it cant..... maybe....it is......AN S7420BP!!!!!!!!!!!!! put it on layaway for 10 bucks and hopefully i can pick it up before monday!!!!!!!!!!! i'll defenitly have to record myself playing Joe Satriani's "Searching" for you guys. im up to a few bars after the whammy-of-death solo. ive been busy at my new job, so i have had like 0 time to practice, or go onto the net. anyway, just giving you guys an update.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Leon

{##[====:::.
Contributor
Reaction score
hot damn. what was the full price? ...if you don't mind me asking.

Ancestor

Contributor
Reaction score
Right on. A nice guitar with a whammy. Are those mahogany? I'll have to look it up and see what's doing.

Buzz762

Destroyer of Worlds
Contributor
Reaction score
And now for the obligatory emote in a preemptive strike for when you actually go pick it up:

:worth:

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
How could you post without pics? Even a cell phone pic?

angusyoungwanabe

ss.org's Diabetic
Reaction score
well i didnt get it till last night, and i had to set it up and all that. i dont have a cellphone with a camera, cuz you have to pay for those. im taking pictures for some church stuff later tonite/tomorrow, so i'll have 'em developed by wednesday and post them by thursday. also, they sold me a Lo-Pro Edge 7 trem for 55 bucks!!!!!!!!!!!! so will i be able to retro fit it into the S7? cuz if i cant, thats ok cuz i could put it into the RG7321. total price for that and a pack of picks was 500 bucks!!!!!!!!!!!!! peace and love.

Ancestor

Contributor
Reaction score
Wow. Great deal on that trem. Congratulations!

skinhead

Manager / RHLC ©
Reaction score
Really Cheap!

Lo Pro Edge = 55 Dollars! OMFG!

And that guitar for 500, you are a really businnes man.

Come on, put some photos.

Pablo

Resident Wanker
Reaction score
It would be sweet to put that LoPro Edge into the S-7420... sadly, it isn't as easy as taking the LoTRS out and popping the LoPro in there. Still, I'd rather spend money on "S-7620-fying" the S-7420 (making a cool guitar even cooler) than throw the kind of cash needed for a trem install at a low end instrument (the 7321).

Cheers

Eske

ohio_eric

Contributor
Reaction score
500 for all that? Wow you totally suck. That's a great deal. Have fun and post lots of pics otherwise you risk seeing this an awful lot.

:worth:

skinhead

Manager / RHLC ©
Reaction score
Hey man i preffer to put the Lo Pro edge on the 7321, but if you want a fixed brige to drop the tunning don't put it.

7321 i't a nice guitar, but the s7420 it's very good.

Keep the Lo Pro and when you buy another guitar with a shit bridge, change it.

That's my opinion.

angusyoungwanabe

ss.org's Diabetic
Reaction score
well the problem is that my brother took the only digital camera with him to idaho (cuz its his). my parents might be getting one for family use soon, but i took 3-4 shots with me in my suit and tie holding the S, then the S and the RG and the 2 S's. i'll go to my g-pas house and see if he's got something for me that i can borrow. so i should keep the Lo-TRS in the S, eh? its just that i set it up a little bit, but it feels kinda stiff. supposedly its got 10's loaded, and 4 springs to keep it in tune. should i go down to 9's? or are Lo TRS tight?

skinhead

Manager / RHLC ©
Reaction score
Keep on the 0.10's on the S.

The lo pro edge keep it to a future guitar, or maybe you make yourself a guitar and you can put the LPE.IMO.

Hey i have some luthier books on the pc if you want it.

metalfiend666

-
Forum MVP
Reaction score
There's a bit of routing needed to fit the Lo-Pro on the S7420, but a lot less than need to put it on the RG. Take the trem out of the S and try the Lo-Pro to see how much and decide if it's worth it. To pop the trem just take the springs off the back and gently pull the trem out the front with strings at tension. You might need to pull it away from the studs slightly. Do the reverse putting it back it and it'll be virtually in tune.

angusyoungwanabe

ss.org's Diabetic
Reaction score
well what i think i'll do is just keep using the TRS for now and just try to get used to it. i havent been able to go to the shop near here to get a quote on setting up a trem loaded 7. my S6 was like 40-50 bucks, so im think it'd be around 60-70 for the S7. if the TRS works out on the S, i'll prolly just save the Lo Pro for a project guitar (see if i can find and RG7420/7421 :hbang: ). anyway. heres the link to my photobucket so you guys can enjoy the awesomeness of my sevens and S's!!!!!:fawk: :shred: :bowdown: :hbang: :metal:

http://s116.photobucket.com/albums/o6/acdcwanabe/?sc=1&addtype=local

')