Another craigslist NGD-RG prestige...need help

• Thread starter mountainjam
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mountainjam

Reaction score
So I found this on craigslist today and picked it up. I had no intentions of getting another axe for a while, but for $300 I couldn't resist. Anyways, obviously its an rg, but I don't know what model it is. I noticed someone else seems to have the same guitar in their NGD thread, but they stated its an 02 model and my serial # starts with f04, so im thinking its a 2004? I couldn't find this paint scheme on the 2004 prestige catalogue. Hopefully some of you rg guys can chime in and help me. Thanks! Btw, I don't think the camera brought out its true color, its a vibrant metallic purple.
2011-02-26_14-47-58_98.jpg

2011-02-26_14-48-36_761.jpg

2011-02-26_14-48-52_500.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
wow! $300.00 for a 1527 in that condition?
nice score

mountainjam

Reaction score
Yeah it was kind of funny, I paid the dude full asking price and then he goes "Damn, guess I should have asked for more" :lol:
so a few more questions. Are there non prestige 1527's or is the prestige exclusive to this model? Also even tho in person this thing is straight up purple, ibanez calls this cosmic blue?

Korpau

Reaction score
Yeah it was kind of funny, I paid the dude full asking price and then he goes "Damn, guess I should have asked for more" :lol:
so a few more questions. Are there non prestige 1527's or is the prestige exclusive to this model? Also even tho in person this thing is straight up purple, ibanez calls this cosmic blue?
That is prestige, i don't think there are non prestige 1527's.
Yeah, the colour is a bit strange thing, i guess the people at ibanez are colourblind :)
Nice catch for 300!

Metal_Maniac

Reaction score
Ibanez often get their colours wrong and this is a perfect example, its definitely purple, looks great though! :yesway:

mountainjam

Reaction score
I just want to say thanks to everyone who helped answer my q's in this thread. :yesway: no more confusion about this guitar for me

teqnick

The only person that liked the new Faceless album
Reaction score
Jesus. Those are the best 1527's, sweet color as well. I wish the craigslist around here had steals like that.

Call the guy back or something, and tell him you raped him.

FLGearnut

Reaction score
that was indeed a sweet score...if i found a prestige 1527 in that condition for 300 bucks i woulda pounced on that myself!

kinda reminds me of a year or so ago when i stupidly sold my MIJ RG7620 on CL for 300 bucks w/ a case. This was before I knew how much more they can really be sold for:wallbash:

But in all fairness I paid 200 for the guitar from GC several years ago so while i didnt make a profit, I didnt lose anything on it either

mountainjam

Reaction score
Jesus. Those are the best 1527's, sweet color as well. I wish the craigslist around here had steals like that.

Call the guy back or something, and tell him you raped him.

Funny stuff man, I almost named the thread "craigslist raping"

mountainjam

Reaction score
Nile-its Damn awesome. Im getting used to the thick body, i've been a die hard saber player up until this point, but I love it. And to all of you dudes wishing you could find a score on cl, check it daily. So far I've got 3 mij 7's off cl for the price of 1 new one. 2 weeks ago I saw a 90's prestige six string with dimarzio's for $250 obo.

')