Another help me pick an amp thread

• Thread starter hxcdeathcore
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

hxcdeathcore

Reaction score
Gets guys I've been on a hiatus from guitar and music theory for a while and now I've gained an interest in starting back again. That being said, I need an amp. Or do I? I currently have the spider III 15 watt everyone starts with and would like a better sounding amp. I play rock/indie/ and pop punk now, ignore my deathcore name I don't listen to much metal nowadays unless it's melodic.

Edit: Forgot to mention price limit of $500. Prefer combo amp, or modeling amp.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Albionic

First of the magi
Reaction score
How About the peavey vypyr tube 60? Modelling combo with a tube power section I think it's around your price range

Crank

Mike / Made Of Hate
Reaction score
I suggest carry on with spider a little more and save up some bigger stash of money. For $500 you won't probably get any nice, even used amps. Same goes with amp modelers. Just save some more and get a really nice, used tube amp or get an eleven rack. That's what I would do if I were you. cheers.

Ninetyfour

Reaction score
I played a Fender Mustang the other day, in my opinion it blew the Spiders and Vypyrs out of the water, it's astonishing.

Angus Clark

Reaction score
Definitely agree, the Mustangs are easily the top mini modelling amps there are.

Sephael

Divine Paradøx
Contributor
Reaction score
I suggest carry on with spider a little more and save up some bigger stash of money. For $500 you won't probably get any nice, even used amps.
He could easily get a used 6505+ combo for less than that. Tiny Terror 1x12 combo can be had for under $400.

Sephael

Divine Paradøx
Contributor
Reaction score
a $500 head plus a cab that costs at minimum $260 (even scratch and dent is nearly that much after shipping) doesn't meet any of the requirements he listed: combo or modeling and under $500.

Reaction score
a $500 head plus a cab that costs at minimum $260 (even scratch and dent is nearly that much after shipping) doesn't meet any of the requirements he listed: combo or modeling and under $500.

im sorry, did i do anything wrong here? i gave my suggestion. if he doesnt want it, he wont use it. nothing else needs to be said.

ive used this combo and gotten great results therefore i passed the info on to the OP. maybe he'll think its a great idea and save up a bit more. maybe not. i dont know but it doesnt hurt to suggest now does it?

i mean shit, its not like i told him to go get a boogie or something

')