Another Hot Munky Guitar

• Thread starter Memq
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Wow, Yoji there's better than munky!

those guitar do look awesome though.

Mr. S

tacos?
Reaction score
hah, i saw that, that dude showed munky up there :lol: it looks like an APEX-2 with a snazzy paint job very nice. that dude also got to play munkys hot Black 'n' White guitar too, lucky bastard :agreed:

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Cool vid. Yoji jams out too. I love the guitar he's playing. That's always been my favorite guitar of Munky's. Real cool how it says Munky in Japanese on the 12th too. Yoji must've dug that. :yesway:

The guitar Munky is playing is pretty nice too. :agreed:

skinhead

Manager / RHLC ©
Reaction score
Nice guitar it's playing Yoji, the custom with the "Munky" chinese or japanese inlay in the 12th. That guitar it's sick!

And the guitar that's Munky using it's nice too.

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The black and white one is the sex - always wanted a color scheme like that or even that guitar.

jtm45

Reaction score
Yeah,that black one with the powder-coat white hardware is a neck-thru.
It's the one he uses on the Korn....Live (Hammerstein)DVD.
The one Munky's using is an LACS with a tunomatic,basically what they 'based' the Apex 2 on.
That neck-thru is gorgeous though!!!!!!!!
The white hardware seems to be holding up to the rigours of time quite well too.He had another similar one with the paw-print inlay and white hardware too.
I'd love to get a Lo-Pro and a set of tuners powder-coated in some wacky colour.
Bright Green hardware on a totally black guitar would rock!!!!!

guitarplayerone

Reaction score
thats awsome. They were ripping it up lol :hbang: those guitars were sexy as too!

uggh Munky is a waste of life :wallbash: he shouldnt be playing seven strings, he should play baritone sixes... he hardly ever uses the high E or D or whatever the fuck he tunes to (he does drop a i think? not even sure)

nice fucking guitars too but that makes it even worse

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
uggh Munky is a waste of life :wallbash: he shouldnt be playing seven strings, he should play baritone sixes... he hardly ever uses the high E or D or whatever the fuck he tunes to (he does drop a i think? not even sure)

nice fucking guitars too but that makes it even worse
man, that ignorant post lowered my IQ by about 15 points.

jtm45

Reaction score
You can say what you like about Munky but he's more successful than you or i are ever likely to be and him (and Head)did a lot for the 7 string guitar as far as bringin it into the public eye.
Slagging Munky/Korn is just soooooo fucking passe and bores the piss out of me.

Edit;Well said D-EJ915.

GH0STrider

Resident Gangsta
Reaction score
munky has some really cool guitars. wether you like korn or not you cant diss them. thy've done so much for 7 strings its not funny. you could argue they did more for 7strings that any other player. i mean i cant think of any other player of the top of my head that has been in the public eye as much as the dudes from korn. the only think i dont dig is the u-bar thing. id rather have the bar but thats just me. it works for them

guitarplayerone

Reaction score
hmm... i seem to remember the Universe being available since waay before Korn (since 1990). So it was really Vai who made the seven string commercially available.
The only things ive seen Head and Munky do are stereotype seven-string guitar playing: i dont see that as doing very much for the seven string guitar.

So what they have given us is the K7 (and now APEX), the U bar, and some bad publicity.
None of these things matter to me.

So yes i will diss Korn and specifically their guitarists (Fieldy actually has an interesting slap bass technique that I like)

man, that ignorant post lowered my IQ by about 15 points.

haha my 100th post gives me at once my first negative rating thing and me bashing Korn in one- both have to do with my absolute hatred of guitarists who cannot play

Hellbound

€£¥€£¥€£¥€£•
Reaction score
aw shit here comes the korn bashing again.lol Seriously Korn was the first band that got me hooked on heavy music. After "Follow the Leader" things seemed to take a serious down turn for them but I still have alot of respect for them and especially Munky.

CL7

Gangsta Guitarist
Reaction score
hmm... i seem to remember the Universe being available since waay before Korn (since 1990). So it was really Vai who made the seven string commercially available.
The only things ive seen Head and Munky do are stereotype seven-string guitar playing: i dont see that as doing very much for the seven string guitar.

So what they have given us is the K7 (and now APEX), the U bar, and some bad publicity.

vai might have been the one who was able to make the seven string commercially available, but Head and Munky were the ones who made 7s commercially desirable.

Korn was also the first band that got me hooked on heavy music. and although Head and Munky are far from technical guitar players, their riffs and hooks are legendary and unforgettable.

Clydefrog

Reaction score

So yes i will diss Korn and specifically their guitarists (Fieldy actually has an interesting slap bass technique that I like)

haha my 100th post gives me at once my first negative rating thing and me bashing Korn in one- both have to do with my absolute hatred of guitarists who cannot play

Vai introduced the 7 string commercially, yes, but in the end, who has had more of an impact on 7 string sales?

Korn.

Hands down. Almost all of the 7 strings available today, whether it be from Ibanez, Schecter, ESP, or whomever, can pretty much be traced back to one band: Korn.

It was because of Korn that they were rejuvinated, and the market increased for them. I for one can say Korn was my first introduction to the 7 string, and it was because of them I now play them.

metalfiend666

-
Forum MVP
Reaction score

Just because they guys in Korn don't shred at a million miles an hour it doesn't make them bad guitarists. They've used a lot of interesting effects and tecniques to create a unique texture to their music. In their early days especially they were very creative in doing different things to change the atmosphere and fell of the song.

Just because something is "different" it isn't automatically bad.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
Geez, why does every thread with Korn mentioned in it turn into a Korn bashing fest?

I would like to add that even though Korn doesn't do crazy shredding solos or technical playing, they do use the full range of the instrument from the low A to high up the fretboard on the high D ("Freak On A Leash" being the most famous example). (And they play in one step down, by the way: ADGCFAD)

And, if Korn hadn't existed, there wouldn't be half of the sevens on the market today that there are. You could probably say goodbye to about 75% of them. Korn did not get me interested in sevens personally (Unearth was the main band that did that for me), but they are the first band that most seven string guitarists ever heard of that used sevens (the first time I ever heard of sevens was in a reference to Korn on MTV in 1996 or 97). Even if you hate their music, you have to give them credit for influencing guitar companies to make lots of new sevenstring models, unlike other guitarists who mainly play sixs and only occasionally play sevens for certain songs.

Latest posts

')