Another NGD of the popular Ibanez 2127fx

• Thread starter dhgrind
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

dhgrind

Reaction score
Poarnz:
11qqvl2.jpg
71n148.jpg
2qcqlh0.jpg
2s97q0w.jpg

I'll admit i ordered this online and saw a few negative posts about the quality of their 2127's and i got a bit nervous when i was opening up the box. But i can say this prestige definitely earned its title. I also was nervous with how the stock pickups would sound and after doing some GEQ'ing with my axe fx they don't sound terrible. Although i did order a white set of the pegasus/sentient combo and hipshot gridlock tuners with white pearl tuners cause after seeing some other 2127's with that nice white trim i had to hop on the bandwagon. oh yeah and the plastic is still on the pickups for now because i've picked up bad habits from owning an axe fx =P

Now i'm sort've tempted to try to record some riffs to showcase the toanz. however my writing and recording/mixing are no where near professional so i might just hold off :lol:

Last edited:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Steinmetzify

CHUG & SLUDGE
Reaction score
Look at that bridge, look at that bevel, look at that black! Sick score man. I love the way these look. HNGD!

Record something, mixing be damned. If you heard some of the clips I've posted here you wouldn't worry so much!:lol::hbang:

dhgrind

Reaction score
They truly are lovely guitars fierce_swe! I really enjoy the finish the matte black seems to have a slight hint of metal flake upon close inspection. The tight end bridge it's significantly more comfortable than the other bridge styles I've had. Don't forget them bevels, and the cut away on the lower horn is amaze-balls my last few guitars didn't come close to the upper fret access this axe has.

i'll work on something worthy of recording steinmetzify.

Fierce_Swe

Reaction score
Looking forward to hear that! I'm working on a video comparing the original pups to Seymour Duncan Distortion. :)

dhgrind

Reaction score
Did a minor set up today, adjusted the relief and worked on getting to decent intonation. The truss rod might be installed backwards, or the ibanez manual is wrong. The bridge is amazing and i love it for adjustments very stable very easy to work with and it beats out all the tune-o-matic nonsense i've been used to for so many years.

Last edited:

Sepultorture

Murder Machine
Reaction score
so after our dollar took a huge shit, most stuff gear wise took a jump also

not only did the GK shit i'm saving for take a hundred dollar jump, but this bad boy went from 1500 to 1750

pissed, you betcha, but i'm still gunna gun for this guitar regardless, always loved the look, feel, sound and playability

dhgrind

Reaction score
Sepultorture are you trying to get the fixed bridge version or the one with the edge? there are a few discounted used rgd 2127's sitting in the for sale section here, and there are some on eBay and reverb. Its a beautiful instrument so far one of my favorites that i've had in my 10+ years of playing and collecting =P

Sepultorture

Murder Machine
Reaction score
Sepultorture are you trying to get the fixed bridge version or the one with the edge? there are a few discounted used rgd 2127's sitting in the for sale section here, and there are some on eBay and reverb. Its a beautiful instrument so far one of my favorites that i've had in my 10+ years of playing and collecting =P

the FX version

i owned the trem version before, sold it for a bowes custom, sold that to setlle debts, thats when theu came out with the FX, and i've been broke since

stuglue

Reaction score
I have the right end r on a six string, one of the most comfortable bridges I've played on.

Fierce_Swe

Reaction score
Do you experience any fret buzz on you high b-string? My high b string sounds a bit muted and dead unplugged. I had the same issue with my RG921.

dhgrind

Reaction score
I had fret buzz on the 2nd day of receiving my guitar but it was because the neck settled with a back bow. After adjusting the relief to .25mm at the measured fret I have 0 dead frets.

dhgrind

Reaction score
oh i definitely will =D i'm debating on getting the mounting plates for the hipshot tuners or just going all out and drilling the holes then filling the old ones with wood glue and toothpicks...

I still owe the good people of seven string a recording prior to the pup swap. however i don't want to present some garbage riffs with bad tone, just garbage riffs with decent tone =P

')