Another S7G vid. How many rebuilds do these guys do?

• Thread starter leonardo7
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

will_shred

Wannabe audio engineer
Reaction score
one would think that they would up their QC after all this drama... guess not.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
^One might also consider that some of the bitching might just be bandwagoning from ppl with higher expectations than necessary... :shrug:

Some of it seems legit, but I think a lot of it is the whole... "Let's just say it because we can get away with it since everyone else has already complained," but that's just an outside looking in perspective... :2c:

I have yet to actually hold one in my hands.

HurrDurr

Lord of all Things
Reaction score
I can't help but to agree with Konfyouzd (yet again). It all just seems like a bunch of bandwagoning and realistically, at this point, S7G has done more than enough damage to itself and I doubt it's really necessary to keep the pressure on them. They might have made some shitty guitars here and there, but they're still human beings and they deserve some slack and some time to get back on their feet if they so choose to continue. Now, I'm not bashing the OP or anything, but the fact of the matter is I'm a bit tired of all the S7G bashing going on lately. The way I see it, if you don't like them, just ignore them. Nobody on this website is even considering a custom order from them and many are actually considering withdrawing theirs before they pay past the deposit and receive something they feel is not up to par with their money's worth. As I said, they've done enough damage to themselves by now to discourage anyone from ordering through them, so what's the point? If you received one that was faulty and lackluster, then yes, by all means inform the forums and raise them hell to get your rebuild done the right way, but I just can't stand the bandwagoning, honestly. :2c: :2c: :2c:

HurrDurr

Lord of all Things
Reaction score
Might take time. Ppl are nicer to Halo now. :lol:

Well, Halo has been spitting out some awesome stuff from their custom shop. I hear the production models are still rather hit-or-miss. That Halo 8-string LP custom definitely comes to mind as one of the nicer ones from recent runs.

mphsc

http://pyramidguitarscompany.com/
Reaction score
He stills seems to have an attitude, $45 piece of firewood. Dude should feel blessed his phone is ringing for orders when you have so many "proven" companies releasing broader based designs.

HurrDurr

Lord of all Things
Reaction score
He stills seems to have an attitude, $45 piece of firewood. Dude should feel blessed his phone is ringing for orders when you have so many "proven" companies releasing broader based designs.

Definitely see your point and that's something I can't really cut them slack on no matter how hard I want to be the nice guy. He's always been pretty fiery since the whole commotion started and it definitely isn't a way to go about business. :nono:

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
They have a LOT of guitars being built. He says he has 34-40 bolt-on neck guitars alone so even with the bad press lately S7 have no shortage of customers.

17:15 The zebrawood neck with the Spalt maple top will looks F'in awesome when done!!!

The Black Palm fretboard looks sweet aswell.

20:15 :lol: That inlay has to be a joke

ramses

Guitar/pizza regular
Contributor
Reaction score
I can't help but to agree with Konfyouzd (yet again). It all just seems like a bunch of bandwagoning and realistically, at this point, S7G has done more than enough damage to itself and I doubt it's really necessary to keep the pressure on them. [...]

If they had managed to finish the .strandberg* Boden 7 batch, instead of imploding, I would be defending them and showing pictures and recordings of my (currently non-existing) Boden 7.

I'm extremely disappointed, but I do wish them well; although it seems that they are too slow at learning from their mistakes.

mphsc

http://pyramidguitarscompany.com/
Reaction score
that 6 string tel looks whom-pass... 29:14 there's my fingerboard and I didn't even place an order with them. We talked a year or so ago....

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
They have a LOT of guitars being built. He says he has 34-40 bolt-on neck guitars alone so even with the bad press lately S7 have no shortage of customers.

17:15 The zebrawood neck with the Spalt maple top will looks F'in awesome when done!!!

The Black Palm fretboard looks sweet aswell.

20:15 :lol: That inlay has to be a joke

Non of them are new orders. All of these guitars are from last year or even the year before. :ugh:

will_shred

Wannabe audio engineer
Reaction score
^One might also consider that some of the bitching might just be bandwagoning from ppl with higher expectations than necessary... :shrug:

Some of it seems legit, but I think a lot of it is the whole... "Let's just say it because we can get away with it since everyone else has already complained," but that's just an outside looking in perspective... :2c:

I have yet to actually hold one in my hands.

I can't say it would shock me all that much that people would actually be that terrible to some small business owner. However I really hope it's not true...

Insinfier

Reaction score
Not sure how I'd feel about winning a contest for a fixed bridge guitar, waiting forever for it, and then being told in a YouTube video that I'm getting a guitar with a Floyd on it before I can even say "No, thanks though, I'd rather wait for a hardtail version." Not a huge deal, but I...ugh... :ugh: <- Perfect face for this.

xCaptainx

Dr Djodson
Reaction score
Not sure how I'd feel about winning a contest for a fixed bridge guitar, waiting forever for it, and then being told in a YouTube video that I'm getting a guitar with a Floyd on it before I can even say "No, thanks though, I'd rather wait for a hardtail version." Not a huge deal, but I...ugh... :ugh: <- Perfect face for this.

THIS! I saw this video a few days ago, didn't really want to comment or start another S7 thread, but since it's now up and being talked about....

TBH it is a huge deal. I've got plenty of experience with both bridges but if I want a fixed bridge then damn it, I want a fixed bridge. I don't want the hassle of installing a tremelo-no, the upkeep/maintenance. Imagine being reminded with every single string change about such a frustrating 'upgrade' you were given. It's not even an upgrade at all, it's just lazy.

Granted, it's free. But that's the difference between keeping it and being a brand advocate (the entire point of a giveaway) and selling it on with a bad customer experience story to broadcast.

REALLY not a customer centric business practice that. It's basically a 'you get what we give you and you should be happy about it' :noplease:

xCaptainx

Dr Djodson
Reaction score
Also, I'm not exactly a 'private' guy online with my guitar related activities, but general non musicians are EXTREMELY cautious about online privacy. I don't feel comfortable with peoples names being thrown about willy nilly, without prior permission, on a companies video clip. Very poor invasion of their customers right to privacy.

')