Any AIC fans?

• Thread starter grimmchaos
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shannon

Lord Super Awesome
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, it was quite a hair-raising event. That song ended up becoming a staple of our show for at least a good year. A similiar emotion came over me when we played Pantera's "Strength Beyond Strength" at a Dimebag Tribute show we put together a couple of weeks after he was killed.

It is truly amazing the impact that music can have on you.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Splinterhead

Sojourner
Contributor
Reaction score
AIC probably the best thing to come out of Seattle.
Layne Staley had the voice that everybody tried to copy...but couldn't. RIP

Kotex

Trippin' balls
Reaction score
I love AIC. And Jerry is a big time influence. After listening to one of their albums, I'll pick up my guitar and try to play like him. Awesome band. That was a damn good story Shannon.

Shorty

Guitar Buying Frenzy!
Contributor
Reaction score
I remember listening to FaceLift in school and being obssessed with Dirt when I was @ my first job. Alice In Chains were/are still one of my favourite bands of all time.

My buddy just rebought all their CD's in her car. We spent three hours listening & driving the other weekend & damn.. it still sounds as fresh & awesome as it always did.

RIP Layne Staley.. such a waste.

metalfiend666

-
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I love AIC. Dirt is one of my favourite albums ever.

When Layne died I got some AIC played at the local club I went to at the time. 90% of the people there were asking what the hell the crap playing was. Made one of the sadest days of my life even worse. :ugh:

Jerry Cantrell with a 7? Yes please!

fono22

Reaction score
I love AIC,

I have heard some excerpts from the concert they did with maynard from tool... if anyone could fill in for layne... Maynard could.

Such a shame we didn't get to see more of them.

Lance

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
7 Dying Trees said:
Awesome band, in fact more of a musical event, as noone has come close to what they did together since. I loved the acoustic mini albums they used to do, and just the way that they could do almost anything and still sound like themselves.

:agreed:

Jar of Flies was fucking brilliant. I loved Sap as well, but JoF is in my alltime top ten of "Albums I can listen to anytime, anywhere."

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Good album ^

You see, I figured it out, since I have listened to Dirt more than anything back in '92-'93, wearing the cassette out, that has to be my favorite AIC album of all time. :yesway:

metalfiend666

-
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Sadly I never go to see AIC, but I saw Jerry Cantrell on his "Degredation Trip" tour. At least 60% of the set was AIC songs. His band included Mike Bordin and Rob Trujillo, and a second guitarist I didn't recognise. Awesome gig.

Degredation Trip is a kick ass album too, but you really have to get the 2 disc version to fully appreciate it.

garcia3441

Tone Whore
Contributor
Reaction score
Has anyone else seen the promo for the Heart concert at the Trump Taj Mahal? AIC is supposed to perform.

')