Any AIC fans?

• Thread starter grimmchaos
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

grimmchaos

I like beer
Reaction score
I pulled their albums out again over the weekend after not listening to them for a few months....and was sonically reminded why they were one of my favorite bands. Loads of awesome songs, great lyrics and vocal harmonies, and Jerry's tasty guitar playing....probably still to this day my favorite band, even though I currently listen to stuff that is a lot heavier, faster, and more technical.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

maliciousteve

Contributor
Reaction score
Rooster is my favourite AIC song. The vocals on that song send a chill down my spine everytime i hear it.

Dormant

Wanker
Reaction score
aldog1330 said:
Any AIC fans?

Does a bear shit in the woods?

I can't fault anything they have done. One of my all time favourite guitar bands.

I used to obsessively play the verse riff to godsmack every time I picked up a guitar!

:hbang:

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
Love Alice In Chains. My favorite AIC songs are: We Die Young, Would, Them Bones, and Got Me Wrong.

grimmchaos

I like beer
Reaction score
maliciousteve said:
Rooster is my favourite AIC song. The vocals on that song send a chill down my spine everytime i hear it.

Down in a Hole does the same thing to me....each and every time.

I'm still sad that I'll never get to see them play live with Layne.

Shannon

Lord Super Awesome
Contributor
Reaction score
+1. Fantastic band. When I was packing up my apartment a few weeks back, I decided to listen to Facelift for the 1st time in years. It is amazing how well that CD has stood the test of time. Like Aldog1330, I listen to MUCH heavier stuff now, but AIC is just killer rock n roll.

distressed_romeo

F'king ............
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Love 'em!:metal: Didn't Jerry Cantrell use a baritone guitar for overdubs on some of their later stuff? Actually, he's probably a but too old-school to ever try it, but wouldn't he sound great on a seven?

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
It is such a grave injustice that this band got lumped in with grunge., because they were so much more than that. Their first two albums were amazing hard rock albums.

Shannon

Lord Super Awesome
Contributor
Reaction score
A tad off-topic, but I thought I'd share this.

My old band was playing to a packed house the night Layne Staley was found dead. 30 minutes before we hit the stage, the news hit the airwaves of his passing. Considering that AIC is from the area I live in, my bandmates, the audience and I were all devastated. We took to the stage. Instead of me starting our first song, I started playing the opening chords of AIC's "Rooster" without telling my bandmates what I'd decided to do. They followed right along. Hundreds of people in the audience stood silent, many of them with tears in their eyes. My singer, a huge Layne Staley fan who rarely gets emotional, fought back the tears as he sang the first verse. When we hit the first chorus, a fucking BOMB of emotion hit that place! Every person there was screaming the chorus as loud as they could! At one point, the crowd's singing was louder than the band! When we finished, the crowd's cheers, accolades, screams & cries were deafening. My bandmates and I were choking back the tears by the end of the song. After a few minutes of everyone getting their composure back, we started into our regular set & the night was just unreal. Overall, it was one of the most intense emotions I'd ever experienced.

distressed_romeo

F'king ............
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Shannon said:

My old band was playing to a packed house the night Layne Staley was found dead. 30 minutes before we hit the stage, the news hit the airwaves of his passing. Considering that AIC is from the area I live in, my bandmates, the audience and I were all devastated. We took to the stage. Instead of me starting our first song, I started playing the opening chords of AIC's "Rooster" without telling my bandmates what I'd decided to do. They followed right along. Hundreds of people in the audience stood silent, many of them with tears in their eyes. My singer, a huge Layne Staley fan who rarely gets emotional, fought back the tears as he sang the first verse. When we hit the first chorus, a fucking BOMB of emotion hit that place! Every person there was screaming the chorus as loud as they could! At one point, the crowd's singing was louder than the band! When we finished, the crowd's cheers, accolades, screams & cries were deafening. My bandmates and I were choking back the tears by the end of the song. After a few minutes of everyone getting their composure back, we started into our regular set & the night was just unreal. Overall, it was one of the most intense emotions I'd ever experienced.

Wow...

nitelightboy

I poop in shoes.
Contributor
Reaction score
Shannon said:

:bowdown: :bowdown:
And this is why you are a God amongst us poor slobs:lol:

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
That's a very touching story, Shannon.

From what I've heard, most grunge bands were just trying to mimic AIC's sound. I don't think there were any grunge bands around before them. I've always thought AIC and Soundgarden were just barely cusping on the edge of what most people considered grunge.

On a lame note, when Dimebag was murdered, my band opened our show the next night with Cemetary Gates and only like half of the crowd knew the song. :ugh: Just made it all the harder to deal with his passing...

Gurj

Reaction score
The Dark Wolf said:
:agreed: I got fucking chills reading that, dude. :hbang:

+2

Was gutted when I heard that Layne had passed away. AIC was a big favourite of mine, shame I never got to see them live.

Latest posts

')