Any Bassists fans of SPASTIC INK?

• Thread starter Subsistence
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This band is awesome!! Instrumental Progressive metal.
The Bassist Pete Perez has written some amazing Bass lines and solos, him and the band are a massive influence on me and i suggest everyone to check them out if your not aware of them already.

I had a go and covering one of their songs " To Counter and Groove in E minor"
has a really Groovy Bass solo in it.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mwoit

Reaction score
Ace cover man! I used to love Spastic Ink in high school when I was a shred head.

Is this the song that's like 1/8th off standard tuning?

OrsusMetal

In brightest day...
Reaction score
I love Spastic Ink. Everyone in Ron's projects are insane. Great job, dude.

Herrick

Hello Mangs
Reaction score
Pete Perez's playing on that first album is fucking beautiful. It's a shame that it's so difficult to find information on this amazing bassist. My favorite bass part on that first album is his bass solo in The Mad Data Race. The sound he gets is very cool. It's very articulate with a bunch of fucking notes thrown in without sounding like a mess.

And yes, Blotted Science is awesome too. Jarzombek is an amazing guitarist. He knows how to write crazy-sounding stuff that makes sense. Does that make sense?

Reaction score
Thanks for the response guys!!
I will be working on some more Spastic Ink covers soon.
I agree, everyone of Ron's projects are amazing and so are the musicians involved!

')