Any Black Metal Fans out there?

blaaargh

Git Fuuuuuuuuuuucked
Reaction score
yo what part of Tennessee do u live in? I'm less than an hour from the border over in western NC. Don't have a car but if yer lookin for a show I can hook u up with somethin in my area. really diggin what im hearing from Algarothsyum

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Vhyle

Jackson Shill
Reaction score
yo what part of Tennessee do u live in? I'm less than an hour from the border over in western NC. Don't have a car but if yer lookin for a show I can hook u up with somethin in my area. really diggin what im hearing from Algarothsyum

I'm in Clarksville, which is about an hour northwest of Nashville. About 10 minutes from the KY state line.

Thanks for checking it out, glad you dig it. :hbang:

DXL

Reaction score
I love black metal especially when there is either a strong folk influence or it is atmospheric. I love Morker, Thraenenkind, Nattsol, early Behemoth, October Falls, Agalloch, and Imperium Dekadenz.

aheadofmetal

Reaction score
I love black metal especially when there is either a strong folk influence or it is atmospheric. I love Morker, Thraenenkind, Nattsol, early Behemoth, October Falls, Agalloch, and Imperium Dekadenz.

DUDE yea Imperium Dekadenz is awesome.

Check out Helrunar and Negator. The whole German scene really....:hbang:

mgh

Betwixt and Between
Reaction score

Vhyle

Jackson Shill
Reaction score
I just checked out both Nox Aeternum and Chiral... you guys have awesome projects! I am absolutely loving the diverse black metal tastes from both of these projects. I'm anxious to hear more!

Grindspine

likes pointy things
Reaction score
Dissection is probably my favourite BM band, especially Storm Of The Light's Bane, that's probably my favourite album overall. Whenever I'm sad or pissed off, I just listen to Night's Blood and I feel good again :)

Seconded...

Dissection is the top of my list when I think "black metal." Granted, I have heard a lot of deathcore, symphonic black metal, melodic death metal... But Dissection pretty much nailed the idea of black metal for me.

Oddly enough, I kinda consider early Hypocrisy (4th Dimension and earlier) to be kinda slow black metal. It does not focus on the tremolo picking so much, yet Peter Tagtgren added a lot of that to later albums. Maybe not as definitive, but Hypocrisy is still amazing.

aheadofmetal

Reaction score
Seconded...

Dissection is the top of my list when I think "black metal." Granted, I have heard a lot of deathcore, symphonic black metal, melodic death metal... But Dissection pretty much nailed the idea of black metal for me.

Oddly enough, I kinda consider early Hypocrisy (4th Dimension and earlier) to be kinda slow black metal. It does not focus on the tremolo picking so much, yet Peter Tagtgren added a lot of that to later albums. Maybe not as definitive, but Hypocrisy is still amazing.

I agree with you. I love Dissection and Hypocrisy. There is certain melodic death metal that runs so close to black metal that you have to acknowledge how sweet it is. Have you ever heard Peter's black metal project The Abyss?

The Abyss - Bless With The Wrath Of Evil - YouTube

Or this album? It is very similar to Dissection. I love that Era of metal...

Unanimated - Life Demise - YouTube

7stg

Reaction score
Black metal is my favorite style of metal, and I prefer other styles to be blackened.

Grindspine

likes pointy things
Reaction score
Yeah, I have heard a little of The Abyss, but have not found any of their albums.

I am not familiar with the other band. I'll check out the link!

... The first 30 seconds of the song from The Abyss that you linked is all like :shred: then :scream: then :hbang:

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
Black metal is my favorite style of metal, and I prefer other styles to be blackened.

Such as Behemoth's blackened death metal and Immortal's later stuff being more along the lines of blackened thrash metal? Me too.

7stg

Reaction score
Such as Behemoth's blackened death metal and Immortal's later stuff being more along the lines of blackened thrash metal? Me too.

Yep, and I really like blackened doom/Black doom. Blackened gothic/Black gothic is good too.

I like more melodic guitar, black atmospheric and symphonic is good, and I prefer drums that are more than blast beats.

mgh

Betwixt and Between
Reaction score
thirded for bands adding black metal to other styles- such as this track from around 5mins...

if you like Dissection then check out:
Sacramentum

Dawn

Unanimated

Noctes

Death Tyrant

Thulcandra

Necrophobic

Eucharist

maybe more DM but there was quite a bit of crossover with that Gothenburg sound

Reaction score
Absolutely in on this thread. I play in a deathened black metal band called Sparrows that you guys can listen to in my sig. But I'll also provide some of my favorite black and blackened pleasures.

Emperor

Inquisition

Marduk

Behexen

Satan's Wrath

Goatwhore (one of my favorite riffs ever @ :19)

Unleashed

aheadofmetal

Reaction score
I just checked out both Nox Aeternum and Chiral... you guys have awesome projects! I am absolutely loving the diverse black metal tastes from both of these projects. I'm anxious to hear more!

Thanks a lot man! If you like Nox Aeternum on Facebook I will keep you updated with my progress. Just have to put vocals on it and mix it now. Thanks for checking it out!

isthathenry

Reaction score
I checked out everyone's projects.... WOW! You guys are great. I really want to make a solo black metal project but I don't know how to start song writing. Anyways, my favorite black metal bands are Blut Aus Nord, WITTR, Drudkh, Agalloch (to an extent) and DsO. Actually I will be seeing WITTR on the 11th only 10 minutes from my house!

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
I checked out everyone's projects.... WOW! You guys are great. I really want to make a solo black metal project but I don't know how to start song writing. Anyways, my favorite black metal bands are Blut Aus Nord, WITTR, Drudkh, Agalloch (to an extent) and DsO. Actually I will be seeing WITTR on the 11th only 10 minutes from my house!

You should check out Ceremonial Castings. They are from Battle Ground, WA.

')