Any Custom Shops in the U.S.?

• Thread starter Church2224
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Church2224

Guitar Whore
Reaction score
I know we got a lot of the big companies plus some semi custom builders like Suhr, Carvin, Tom Anderson, Mcnaught, GMW, Thorn, ect. in the US, but any full on Guitar Custom Shops in the US that can do full custom work? I know Europe has a lot, but it is hard to ship a guitar from there to here...at least I think it is....

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

stryker1800

Sweet Pickle
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Suhr and Tom Anderson can do full custom work, unless you're talking about having a custom body shape or something crazy like that.

UnderTheSign

Reaction score
Neal Moser, BC Rich, KxK, Bernie Rico JR, Strictly 7, OAF, Chaffin the list goes on and on... Depending on if you're dead set on a custom body and headstock, that is. Lots of smaller builders around, too.

Church2224

Guitar Whore
Reaction score
Neal Moser, BC Rich, KxK, Bernie Rico JR, Strictly 7, OAF, Chaffin the list goes on and on... Depending on if you're dead set on a custom body and headstock, that is. Lots of smaller builders around, too.

I guess I can add Jackson to that List as well, that is if BC Rich counts too lol!

I just checked out Stinnett guitars, WOW those are some nice instruments. I want this guitar to do some builds for me, plus he does both 6 AND 7 string guitars/

Strictly 7 is also very good. I did get a quote from them from Jim himself, nicest guy anyone can meet! Plus he said he would do my guitar for about $2,300, damn he is awesome!

I was just asking about other smaller companies that no one else here knows of, like Stinnett

Church2224

Guitar Whore
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Suhr and Tom Anderson can do full custom work, unless you're talking about having a custom body shape or something crazy like that.

They can pretty much do anything you want in a bolt on Tele and Super Strat, which is true, and they do a damn good job at it as well.

Also any Mcnaught owners here. Custom Metal and Classic Guitars carries them now for decent prices and I like the look of this baby-

I also think ESP has a shop in the US....? I know they do great work as well....how are the pricing for an ESP custom guitar ?

Welcome to David Thomas McNaught Guitars -- bringing you the finest in custom handmade electric guitars

It looks like an Ed Roman Quicksilver, except it looks quality and is not a POS and you do not support an evil Nazi buy purchasing it.

Sorry if I am asking so many questions lol I am a gear whore. I love a lot of big name companies like Ibanez, Jackson/ Charvel/ Fender, ESP, B.C. Rich, ect, for their production guitar and semi customs, but I do like seeing small guys do full on custom work for you.

Michael T

Sea Turtles mate
Contributor
Reaction score
10-32 showed some very cool stuff at NAMM this year. I do believe they are moving more toward "production" guitar lines and not doing full custom builds tho

Church2224

Guitar Whore
Reaction score
10-32 showed some very cool stuff at NAMM this year. I do believe they are moving more toward "production" guitar lines and not doing full custom builds tho

Well this is good as well, new production guitars are always welcome, plus if they keep prices down and we can get them quickly that would be great,

')