Any easy tips you'd like to share with the world?

• Thread starter 80H
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Solodini

MORE RESTS!
Reaction score
Don't transition straight from jacking off to playing guitar, it's bad for your strings. I, of course, am telling an anecdotal story that has nothing to do with any real-life experiences of mine.

Don't give up when something seems too tough. Chip away it, day by day, note by note if you have to, and if you are persistent enough, you will learn it.

And don't just keep trying to play it all full speed. If a section is too difficult, break down that section and practise each movement: note 1-2, 2-3, 3-4 et c. Then piece together 2-3-4, 6-7-8 but not just playing the whole thing slowly. Even learn it backwards so you don't just feel like you're playing the same thing over and over and going nowhere. Learn the component parts and piece them together to make other component parts which are not necessarily connected and then combine those parts to make larger parts. Continue until you have the whole thing. It's much less frustrating and you can learn things you thought unobtainable.

Adam Satur.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ods

Reaction score
remember that music isn't just the study and mastery of melody as much as it is also of rhythm. being equally as efficient rhythmically as melodically is key to being great. whenever you get a chance use something in everyday life as a metronome to practice beat subdivisions and odd time signatures. mastery of rhythm will help you better fit in a band setting.

80H

Banned
Reaction score
Literally getting called a djent hipster, Californ
remember that music isn't just the study and mastery of melody as much as it is also of rhythm. being equally as efficient rhythmically as melodically is key to being great. whenever you get a chance use something in everyday life as a metronome to practice beat subdivisions and odd time signatures. mastery of rhythm will help you better fit in a band setting.

thats a good one, but i should also mention that the book isn't as much about the music as it is about the instrument. the way that each individual approaches rhythm is going to be slightly different unless they're covering songs all, and even then they're gonna have little quirks that they picked up along the way.

if i had to sum up the book in a sentence, it would be an explanation of what creates infinite possibility with the instrument combined with the foundations for rapid and consistent growth.

its heavily influenced by self-development concepts and bruce lee's approach to martial arts, but it's applied to the instrument

')