Any EBMM JP7 copies out there?

teamSKDM

Reaction score
I was browsing through youtube, and came across a video of a guy who had a luthier build him his own custom JP7 guitar. I was wondering, anbody know any guitar companies, or any body up here who has also made jp look alikes? I would think how desired they are, there would be alot, but this is the only one ive seen. I know OLP and Sterling (both owned by ebmm) Also had releases of the jp's in 6's. But im looking for sevens, so if anyone knows bout any copy jp7's out there, let me know!! By the way, heres the video. Just post some pics of any jp7 copies you see out there guys! Really interested in seeing em! And possibly obtaining them, if they even exist Haha.

By the way, The guitar in the vid came out phenominal!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Furtive Glance

Unfamiliar with the type of thing I’m seeing.
Reaction score
Ew, it has a Floyd! The JP trem is one of the unique things about those guitars... If you're going to go custom anyway, why not just take features OF it and then add your own signature touch?

*flameshield

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
Well for the price of some customs, you could just get a real BFR and have great features.

SomeGuy97

Reaction score
Sterling has that on lockdown. They shut down anybody who makes or attempts to make a replica/copy of their stuff. No lienancy at all when it comes to trademark law with them. That's why you don't see many/any.

junnnu

Reaction score
Needless bumping, but still =)

If you need a proper customised JP7 ect go bfr, or buy a jp7 and take it to luthier for copying and ad your specs.

If you wanna save money, you are poor, but would go to ibanez RGD if you want kind of petrucci-like axe

b7string

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, that guitar in the vid is very nice but I fully agree with the comments above. The bridge and electronics of the EBMM JP7's are so unique, that I would just feel thoroughly unsatisfied with anything other than an original. The one thing I'd consider doing is getting a BFR and having a custom all rosewood neck made (or finding one of the rare rosewood necked production models for sale, but thats not likely). Other than that, its one of those guitar designs I just wouldn't want to touch, its too unique and perfect in itself, and while you could get the same body and neck shape, the hardware and electronics is the icing on the cake that takes it to the next level :2c:

:)squint: also that bridge appears to be a takeuchi lo-trs 7, that bridge is quite a step down from the custom bridge in the jp's, I'd have gone with an ofr if that was my guitar...)

Just A Box

Reaction score
Wait until January after winter NAMM. There's rumors of Sterlng rolling out a JP7 model. That'll get you 80% there for under a grand.

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
Sterling has that on lockdown. They shut down anybody who makes or attempts to make a replica/copy of their stuff. No lienancy at all when it comes to trademark law with them. That's why you don't see many/any.

Yup. Ed Roman knows what it's like to get teabagged by the Ball, metaphorically speaking. ;)

Prydogga

Giddyup.
Reaction score
There is a builder on the forum that had a prototype model which was very highly based off the JP, it was bright orange and looked awesome, that's about all I know.

Personally I'd love to get Ran to build me a koa JP7 w/ Rosewood neck.

Jim Antonio

Playa from Manila
Reaction score
Wait until January after winter NAMM. There's rumors of Sterlng rolling out a JP7 model. That'll get you 80% there for under a grand.

Wow, did you read or hear that from a reliable source or like me, that's just wishful thinking? If that pushes through, I'll be over it! :hbang:

Underworld

Reaction score
Maybe ask Marty at Siggery guitars? He has done a EBMM Silhouette in the past (but it's not going to be under a grand tho).

teamSKDM

Reaction score
I absolutely lovvvvveeee The jp7s , and if it came down to it and i had the cash, I would love to go to a luthier who can craft a whole jp copy for me. The only things that would make it differet than a BFR , is Id make it neckthru with a Wenge neck, alder body, mahogany tone blocks, and give it an angled headstock, instead of the straight strat like headstocks. Other than that theyre sooooooo sexy!!!! And if there is any high quality 7 string trems similar to the jp trem, like a floating strat style trem thatd be definately my first choice, if not Id just pull a carvin and go FR and a regular grapphite nut, ut probably have the trem half blocked, so that it can only dive cause i never pul back on trems. If only i was balls dead rich! Haha.

teamSKDM

Reaction score
But The sterling releasing a 7? I have heard similar stories from other people, but i dont think its set in stone. I doubt theyll release it. And if they do, Oh boy am i ready for a poor mans christmas with midrange quality guitars!

musikizlife

TCM Softhands
Reaction score
The neck on that thing looks like shit :ugh:

I mean, i'm not advocating making a replica of this guitar, the OP just asked where he could get a copy, so i posted that but what makes it look like shit, other than that its not original specs?

Jackrat

Reaction score
I mean, i'm not advocating making a replica of this guitar, the OP just asked where he could get a copy, so i posted that but what makes it look like shit, other than that its not original specs?
I mean I'm not anyone to tell you the difference between whats good and bad or what looks like a good neck but I was referring more to the board and frets, just looks cheap.

musikizlife

TCM Softhands
Reaction score
I mean I'm not anyone to tell you the difference between whats good and bad or what looks like a good neck but I was referring more to the board and frets, just looks cheap.

I'll concur with that, the inlay is pretty cheesy, and the fact that the finish on the neck is gloss turns me off, but the neck wood looks quite nice.

Latest posts

')