Any examples of low C# tunings?

• Thread starter OzoneJunkie
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lefty robb

Shred like a mofo
Contributor
Reaction score
look at how much he's struggling to do simple shreds. and he's hitting all sorts of wrong notes. And I didn't see him grip the neck once.

Any others?

First of all the word "simple" should never be used to describe anything he's doing, 2nd, oh noes he hit a wrong note, big deal, its just an improv shredfest he isn't struggling one bit, he's flying on that neck just like all his other guitars, he played his songs he wrote on 7 string just fine live on his conklin 8. And "grip the neck", what the heck are you talking about??

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
And "grip the neck", what the heck are you talking about??

epic lulz ^ ^ ^

Um, you don't grip the neck when you play lead on your high E?

Remember Sol Niger Within? Remember how awesome Fred's leads were all over that? 7 string. Fred almost never shreds on his 8.

You're not going to win this one if you're going to try and claim an 8 string is as fast as a 6 or 7 string.

What's the big deal anyway?

lefty robb

Shred like a mofo
Contributor
Reaction score
epic lulz ^ ^ ^

Um, you don't grip the neck when you play lead on your high E?

You're not going to win this one if you're going to try and claim an 8 string is as fast as a 6 or 7 string.

Why would I need to "win" anything when its already been proven by Rusty that its possible to shred equally as well on an 8 as you can any other guitar? Just because you can't doesn't mean other people can't either.

I still don't get this neck grip thing, you mean play with your thumb over the neck? If that's what your talking about then no, I tend to not play with my thumb over the neck.

Reaction score
Why would I need to "win" anything when its already been proven by Rusty that its possible to shred equally as well on an 8 as you can any other guitar? Just because you can't doesn't mean other people can't either.

I still don't get this neck grip thing, you mean play with your thumb over the neck? If that's what your talking about then no, I tend to not play with my thumb over the neck.

Hmmmm, yes.... That's what I mean... I usually play lead like that. So maybe for some (most...) people, lead is easier on a thinner neck? I assumed that was understood around here... You see, there are two ways to play a guitar. You can either grip it, or play it like a piano. Most people do piano style for the low end and then grip it for lead...

I wouldn't say Rusty is the answer to that, though. I'm not imagining things. It really does look like he's struggling on that 8 string compared to when he's on a 7. I mean, just look at him.

Loomis shreds insanely good on a 7. A 7 seems to be the sweet spot.

But when Malmshhtteen starts playing an 8, get back to me...:hbang:

demolisher

Reaction score
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucccccccccck

ADDING ONE STRING DOES NOT MAKE IT IMPOSSIBLE TO SHRED
, IT'S CALLED SCALE LENGTH.

Sponge

Carpe Diem
Reaction score
8 string shred is definitely possible AND practical. I do it. Other people here do it. Search Youtube.

Sure Rusty Cooley hit some bad notes. He was also using a fanned fretboard and perhaps was not used to it. I don't even like his playing, but the vid posted showed that you can definitely shred on an 8 string.

On a side note, the more we believe we can do as musicians, the more we can do.

Anyways, "shred".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fetz8WmbLZs&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztJ8bhxPP7Y&feature=related

Reaction score
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucccccccccck

ADDING ONE STRING DOES NOT MAKE IT IMPOSSIBLE TO SHRED
, IT'S CALLED SCALE LENGTH.

Don't forget scale WIDTH :lol:

And yeah, Sponge, I've seen those vids before. Quite good stuff. Doesn't change the fact that I prefer shredding on a 7 to an 8. No big deal. Oh, well! Guess I'm just crazy ;)

edit: Get over it, guys

EDIT: lmfao @ u butthurt 8 "shredders." And to the moron who claimed Fred can't play lead, go listen to Bleed, Dancers, Closed Eye Visuals, Destroy Erase Improve, or all of Sol Niger Within. Seriously, whoever said that is a total fucking n00b. Nice job hiding behind the reputation system. Try saying something that stupid in public.

AgileLefty

hates brand snobs
Reaction score
Doesn't change the fact that I prefer shredding on a 7 to an 8. No big deal. Guess I'm just crazy ;)

but earlier you said this...

" The fact of the matter is, you can't SHRED on an 8 like you can on a 6 or even a 7.

Anymore questions? ;)"

and you have been proven wrong. like somebody else said, just because YOU can't do it as good on a 8, does not mean others can't.

and FWIW, it doesn't look like Rusty is struggling to me in those vids. and it doesn't look like this 13yr old kid is having a hard time either...

unless smiling and looking at the camera while he shreds is what you would call struggling?

:lol:

EDIT: lmfao @ u butthurt 8 "shredders." And to the moron who claimed Fred can't play lead, go listen to Bleed, Dancers, Closed Eye Visuals, Destroy Erase Improve, or all of Sol Niger Within. Seriously, whoever said that is a total fucking n00b. Nice job hiding behind the reputation system. Try saying something that stupid in public.

i ain't hiding behind the reputation system. i neg. repped you AND reported your post (before you edited it) because you said...

"seriously, whoever said that is a total fucking moron"

where do you get off calling people stupid? you shouldn't be throwing stones while you are still living in that little glass house

nice try editing your post though

Dusty201087

Kenyon class of 2014
Reaction score
I agree with the TC, I really like the idea of a 9 string, but without there actually being a company that's putting out a production one (minus halo, which I've just heard way too many horror stories about to throw money their way), I'm pretty much screwed until I can afford a custom... Which isn't going to happen for a long, long time :lol:.

And Hines, don't present your opinion as a fact. Maybe you can't shred on an 8 as well as you can on a 7, but others clearly can. BTW, I did neg rep you - and signed it, too.

lefty robb

Shred like a mofo
Contributor
Reaction score
Wow, so he gives neg rep to everyone who gave him neg rep, and calling people "Fags" and "n00bs", god, what is this kid, like 5 years old?

I gave everyone counter positive rep who recieved neg from him.

AgileLefty

hates brand snobs
Reaction score
Wow, so he gives neg rep to everyone who gave him neg rep, and calling people "Fags" and "n00bs", god, what is this kid, like 5 years old?

I gave everyone counter positive rep who recieved neg from him.

thanks robb :)

yeah he left me neg rep and signed it "your a fag". sorry if you don't like it when somebody proves you wrong, but don't be an immature child and resort to lame name calling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

')