Any Explorer lovers here? Here's mine... Gibson USA Explorer!

• Thread starter Manurack
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Manurack

Nunavut Inuk
Reaction score
manurack-albums-my-1993-gibson-explorer-picture7504-my-gibson-explorer-named-king-new-chrome-pickup-covers-these-wrong-covers-i-need-order-gibson-covers-but-looks-great-chrome-pickguard.jpg

Yeah baby! This is my 1993 Gibson USA Explorer 76' Reissue! Amazing guitar!
The only mods I did is I added chrome pickup covers and a Planet Waves 3 inch wide padded strap and Shaller straplocks for added security!

Anybody else here that have a big heart for Explorers?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Manurack

Nunavut Inuk
Reaction score
Also I used 400 grit sandpaper and sanded off a bit of the Nitrocellulose finish on the back of the neck... Prior to doing that, every time that I played my guitar for more then 5 minutes, the neck would get all this gross grimy shit and it would be all sticky :noplease:

Every time the neck got sticky, I cleaned it off with Dunlop 65 Guitar Polish and Cleaner and cleaned the entire fretboard, but then again it would get that nasty shit. I got so fed up with cleaning it EVERY time so that is why I sanded off the neck a bit... PROBLEM SOLVED! Now the neck is still smooth after every jam! :shred:

Lukifer

Need more gain
Reaction score
Ive always loved Explorers and always wanted one!! I always thought they were more comfortable than a Flying V but just as badass looking.

Manurack

Nunavut Inuk
Reaction score
Ive always loved Explorers and always wanted one!! I always thought they were more comfortable than a Flying V but just as badass looking.

Damn rights bro! Just get an Explorer and a V, I've had many Flying Vs and they are so comfy to play standing up! and I LOVE playing my Explorer standing up!!! :shred:

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
I know your proud of it but this is like the third thread you have started about the same guitar. Could have just added it to the multipage explorer thread that has been going on. Correction 4th thread.

XBIGJIMX

Reaction score
My "new" Explorer is in transit as I type. A nice "new" Gibson 1984 (not a reissue) Explorer with original Dirty Fingers ...color me excited

craigny

Winning...duh
Reaction score
Thanks guys full review of these and the aftermath thats going in my Agile Ghost (Explorer) coming soon.

Manurack

Nunavut Inuk
Reaction score
Thanks guys full review of these and the aftermath thats going in my Agile Ghost (Explorer) coming soon.

Speaking of Agile Explorers... I found one on kijiji for $350 with a hardcase, I know $350 is about the same price brand new, but this has a free hardcase with it... PLUS it's a Ken Lawrence inspired guitar! Sooooooo tempted to buy it, but my girlfriend would kill me :lol:

craigny

Winning...duh
Reaction score
Speaking of Agile Explorers... I found one on kijiji for $350 with a hardcase, I know $350 is about the same price brand new, but this has a free hardcase with it... PLUS it's a Ken Lawrence inspired guitar! Sooooooo tempted to buy it, but my girlfriend would kill me :lol:
$350 used with a case aint bad....mine was $375 new i bought a bag for it seperate, id recommend a new Agile any day...espically the Explorers...just as good as any Schecter, LTD, or Epi.. had a new set of Dimarzio gravity storms put in and really liked it but im on the BKP wagon now so i swapped them for the aftermath...the 496R from my Gibson will go in the neck of the Agile when i put the Set of Warpigs in the Explorer...the Ghost is a monster guitar...thick bodied and HEAVY, but solid!! easily 2 lbs havier than my Gibson!

XBIGJIMX

Reaction score
I've heard amazing things about the 1984 Gibson Explorer :metal:
Got my new one in and it sounds amazing. I think what makes those years late 83-85 is they made them out of Adler/maple instead of the standard mahogany/maple

')