Any furniture fans?

• Thread starter StevenC
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
It was eerie. The highway was totally shut down, cops stopping people from getting onto the feeder roads.

I grew up in the town where Bush Sr.’s Presidential library is, and I never saw anything quite on this level when (former) presidents came to town.
My parents went to Omaha beach for the D-Day anniversary this year. My dad forgot to find out if they needed tickets and forgot to find out how close they were staying the night before, so as a result they woke up at 3am and were the first people there. Before all the security. They just parked on the beach until like 6am when some police spotted them and asked what the hell they were doing. Then they spent the next 4 hours trying to get out of the very secure area where several heads of states were going to be that they didn't even have tickets to be near and every road was closed for miles and they kept being turned back by various french and american police, military, secret service types. And they nearly ran out of diesel before they got past all the road blocks.

JDB123

Newb Extraordinaire
Reaction score
My parents went to Omaha beach for the D-Day anniversary this year. My dad forgot to find out if they needed tickets and forgot to find out how close they were staying the night before, so as a result they woke up at 3am and were the first people there. Before all the security. They just parked on the beach until like 6am when some police spotted them and asked what the hell they were doing. Then they spent the next 4 hours trying to get out of the very secure area where several heads of states were going to be that they didn't even have tickets to be near and every road was closed for miles and they kept being turned back by various french and american police, military, secret service types. And they nearly ran out of diesel before they got past all the road blocks.
Classic French L. Couldn't secure a beach without 3 other armies' help, still hardly can now.

')