Any GNX3000 owners still out there?

• Thread starter Korngod
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Korngod

i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!
Contributor
Reaction score
I've had a GNX3000 for the past 7 years or so and had some decent presets on it over time. More recently in the last few years, I've developed a better ear for better tones and such and I feel like there are potentially better tones than what I can come up with on my own for this unit... I'm trying for a little more of a djentier tone, but I dont play full on djent stuff. I am aware of the MFX Supermodels CD that I believe is still purchasable, but I guess my question is, how do the MFX patches compare to some of the newer modeling technology out there like what Line 6 offers from the POD HD line? Is the GNX3000 worth investing in the MFX disc or would a newer modeling unit be a better choice?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Toshiro

Contributor
Reaction score
The Supermodels were worth it when the unit first came out, but I don't think they're worth the CD-R at this point compared to the other gear on the market.

mr_rainmaker

Resident Cherokee
Reaction score
I got a gnx,its my main recording modeler,I feel digitech took a step back over the last few years,I also had the rp1000 and the rp500 and the pod,zoom and the boss,well too much modelers to list,you really don`t need the MFX cd most of the better tones/patches are uploaded to digitechs community.
honestly IMO the rp`s were not the upgrade people thought...
and the new stuff rp/xp is just the same as the old rp.

IMO if you want better tones than the gnx ya gotta go axe effect,11rack,kemper,etc.

Korngod

i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!
Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for the info dudes! Yeah I've been drooling over the Axe FX ever since it gained popularity on the forums here (Im a long time lurker of this site lol), ultimately if I had the $$$ that's what I would have, but I do try to make the most of what I have.

')