Any Ibanez Distributors? Need neck.

Duckykong

Sum Dat NegroSprite
Reaction score
Anyone know a distributor I can contact for a new Ibanez neck?

Need a K7, 7620 or 1527 neck!

Let me know dudes!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Swyse

Swyse
Reaction score
I don't know if you can get a new neck from ibanez, but there is a 7620 neck on ebay if you don't mind going used. If that doesn't work for you, you could try giving Rich at Ibanezrules.com a call.

Duckykong

Sum Dat NegroSprite
Reaction score
Saw that 7620..Looks nice but I really wanna go new if possible..my neck is fine..Just want to put a 1527M neck on an old K7! Would be so sweet

simonXsludge

(((Ω)))
Reaction score
As someone who has ordered Ibanez single parts in the past, I can tell you, that it's technically possible to order single necks. They do not stock all necks, though.

The cat. # for the neck you're looking for (RG1527M) is: 1NK00A0018

Try and find an Ibanez dealer that is willing to request an order for you. It might work.

thedonal

Reaction score
Good luck is all I can say.

It all depends on the age of the guitar, I think. Apparently, they no longer provide replacement necks for my 2003 RG550EX.

Though I'm sure the design hasn't changed THAT much since...!

orakle

djentleman
Reaction score
I think you'll be able to order a new one, but I'd try to get it from a big Ibanez dealer (you'd probably have more chance, right?)

quaned

Reaction score
I've seen a buncg of people get necks made from ET Guitars down under here in Australia :shrug:

broj15

Reaction score
as far as i know its pretty easy to get anything from ibanez except for a neck or replacement body. all i can tell you is good luck. Your best bet is probably Rich @ibanez rules as many others has said before me. He is definetely the go to dude when it comes to matters like this.

thatguy87

DjentyGoodness
Reaction score
I've seen a buncg of people get necks made from ET Guitars down under here in Australia :shrug:

yes but those aren't cheap, not to say they aren't worth it though. I am awaiting my neck from Ernie still and I just cannot wait for some pics to drool over... been in the works since mid July so I'm hoping to get it by Christmas! But all good things come with patience.

Floppystrings

banned
Reaction score
They will ask the serial number of the guitar that needs the replacement neck.

Go to the Ibanez site, look up the guitar in the replacements parts section, find the number and then you will need a serial number from the guitar that needs it.

I heard that replacement necks are like $300. I can't confirm this but I did hear this in the past regarding a Japanese 6 string RG.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Considering you can get a decent shape RG1527M for under a grand if you look, I'd just do that. If you can even get a new neck from Ibanez (typically it's a bitch and you have to surrender your "broken or defective" stock neck) it's going to be pricey. :2c:

As far as distributors go, Chesbro would be yours since you're West Coast.