Any Ibanez rgib6 experience out there?

• Thread starter BoW
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BoW

Reaction score
Has anyone actually had a chance to play an Ibanez rgib6 in person yet? I'm looking around for videos or clip and have found nothing so far.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ed_Ibanez_Shred

Baritone sixes
Reaction score
Nothing on YouTube yet. I went into my local shop the other day very briefly and I couldn't see the RGIB6 anywhere... I guess we'll just have to wait until someone on here buys one, it won't be that long.

Ed_Ibanez_Shred

Baritone sixes
Reaction score
Having said that, my friend is actually an intern/bitch at the music store in question, and I've asked him to inform me when the 2014 Ibanez guitars start coming in, so I should be able to try it out quite soon after it is available in store. I will post back here when I do. :hbang:

daniel_95

Reaction score
Having said that, my friend is actually an intern/bitch at the music store in question, and I've asked him to inform me when the 2014 Ibanez guitars start coming in, so I should be able to try it out quite soon after it is available in store. I will post back here when I do. :hbang:

Record some video if you can, been checking daily for ANYTHING RGIB6 related and nothing, far out!

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I do remember Zimbloth (owner of the Axe Palace) saying he got a hold of one, but he said go for the PRS Mike Mushok instead.

Ed_Ibanez_Shred

Baritone sixes
Reaction score
Yeah I recall that too, might as well try the RG out for myself though... and the MM ibanezes are harder to come by as well. I quite like iron labels to be honest, and I don't like the idea of buying/not buying a guitar on hearsay/one opinion only.

Ed_Ibanez_Shred

Baritone sixes
Reaction score
Good news everyone! My friend says they have the RGIB6 in the store at this very moment. Thus, I shall hopefully try it out soon! :mf666:

BoW

Reaction score
I do remember Zimbloth (owner of the Axe Palace) saying he got a hold of one, but he said go for the PRS Mike Mushok instead.

The Mushok is a nice looking guitar, but I need a cutout (or is it a cutaway?) for my picking hand else I run a higher risk of getting another repetitive motion injury again, which just isn't worth it.

stevexc

Reaction score
The Mushok is a nice looking guitar, but I need a cutout (or is it a cutaway?) for my picking hand else I run a higher risk of getting another repetitive motion injury again, which just isn't worth it.

"picking hand cutaway"? Do you mean the forearm carve?

TTWC Ben

Reaction score
Good news everyone! My friend says they have the RGIB6 in the store at this very moment. Thus, I shall hopefully try it out soon! :mf666:
Please report back!!

I am very eager to buy one but no shops in my area have it! I'm tentative to buy without at least speaking to someone that has played one!

Svava

Djento ergo sum
Reaction score
I don't remember Andertons demos sounding that good.

I don't really like the sounds that Chapman goes for usually... But the actual recording quality has been good for however long I've been watching their vids.

I think this actual guitar sounds horrendous though. But as someone who doesn't like 90% of Ibanez sounds and hates active pickups my opinion on this should be discounted xD

Great demo of what it is though :)!

')