Any In Flames Fans Here?

• Thread starter WayneCustom7
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

WayneCustom7

Paolo
Contributor
Reaction score
The reason I ask is I have several songs on my computer and I cannot figure out what band it is. We determined that it may be InFlammes, or possibly some old Arch Enemy (previous vocalist)...however I'm leaning towards InFlammes...but I really don't know...can someone help?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I have one song by them on an Ozzfest 2005 summer sampler CD. Pretty cool song too. :yesway:

Regor

Double Edge FTW
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm a big in flames fan. Tho I don't know how to help unless you post a clip of it. I would assume you don't know the name of the songs, otherwise you could just look those up online, and I'd hope you're that smart to have figured that one out already ;)

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Even if you look them up, half the time you can't understand what Anders is saying, anyway. :)

I'm a huge fan until "Reroute", when they start to lose me. Send me one and I'll be able to tell you... mike dot blevins thatfunnyatsignthing gmail dot com

Regor

Double Edge FTW
Contributor
Reaction score
Clay Man is better. RTR is OK, and STYE isn't worth a damn. I just picked up a Japanese copy of Colony with 2 bonus tracks. Next on my list is Whoracle.

eaeolian

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Chris said:
RTR is my favorite IF album. ;)

I love about half the songs, but the production is crap - especially compared to "Clayman" and "Colony".

BTW, we play "Embody the Invisible" down in Bb. It's fun.

eaeolian

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Regor said:
Clay Man is better. RTR is OK, and STYE isn't worth a damn. I just picked up a Japanese copy of Colony with 2 bonus tracks. Next on my list is Whoracle.

Make "The Jester Race" next. I like "Whoracle" in spots, but TJR is just awesome, start to finish...

WayneCustom7

Paolo
Contributor
Reaction score
Chris said:
I'm a huge In Flames fan. :metal:
How can you tell that I'm not, or just not familiar with them...jeesh, you'd atleast expect me to check the friggin spelling.

OK first off let's see if, through description we can nail it. You describe to me what In Flames is all about, then I will determine if this is the band I am listenning to right now. (I'm not good at describing, but I hear fantastic guitars (hint of Maiden, atleast for this one instrumental) and the vocalist uses a sing/scream kind of approach, something like 3 Inches of Blood, but perhaps not as extreme) There are parts of the instrumental(s) that go into acoustic parts, whatever it is, it fucking rocks and it's driving me crazy...
This next song's intro verse has the dude singing like Bowie, then he gets nasty :hbang:
something about "an ordinary story...losing myself...
Next verse Bowiesh
Some piano...

OK I think I've determined that it is In Flames: Ordinary Story off their Colony release...thanks!

eaeolian

Super Moderator
Reaction score
WayneCustom7 said:
something about "an ordinary story...losing myself...
Next verse Bowiesh
Some piano...

OK I think I've determined that it is In Flames: Ordinary Story off their Colony release...thanks!

That's correct. Cool tune!

IF is basically Maiden tuned to C# during that period. (Or maybe C, I can't remember.) It's fun to play...

WayneCustom7

Paolo
Contributor
Reaction score
Man these guys rock, although lyrically I'd have to check out what they're all about...I just like to know what I'm getting myself into... :ugh:

eaeolian

Super Moderator
Reaction score
WayneCustom7 said:
Man these guys rock, although lyrically I'd have to check out what they're all about...I just like to know what I'm getting myself into... :ugh:

Don't expect it to make too much sense - it's all very existential and/or introspective, in a we-don't speak-English-natively sort of way. :)

Example - "Ordinary Story"

egoism dictates human relations
a world where fashion outshines morality
here success written in blood-red colours
designed by the thirst for power

gather the faithful and propose a toast
to the epoch of indifference

an all to ordinary story
with aftertaste so bitter
forced to be someone I don't want to be
I'm losing myself. sinking deeper down
I'm caught in the world wound web

a time represented by the void
an excuse without content
stuck in the abyss of existence
with a content void of excuse

an all to ordinary story
this is my story
with an aftertaste so bitter

sinking deeper down
I'm caught - I'm caged
I'm gone

Dark Tranquillity

Gothenburg Guitarist
Reaction score
They lost me at clayman. Their old stuff is fantastic, and jesper is a great guitarist with his harmonies.

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
;)

Attachments

• inflames.jpg
    inflames.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 26

eaeolian

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Dark Tranquillity said:
They lost me at clayman. Their old stuff is fantastic, and jesper is a great guitarist with his harmonies.

Given your avatar, it's not suprising you'd say that. :hbang:

I like "Clayman", but it's definitely a BIG style change.

Makelele

Reaction score
My favorite In Flames album is Whoracle. Episode 666, Jester's Script Transfigured and Dialogue With The Stars are awesome songs. I also like their new stuff, even though it's quite different.

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Bullet Ride is probably my favorite IF tune, if I had to pick one, but ask me tomorrow and I'd probably tell you a different one. While they're all fucking great songwriters, I really, really dig the shit out of their drummer. He's like a third guitarist with the way he compliments them, guy is amazing. :metal:

Regor

Double Edge FTW
Contributor
Reaction score
Well, glad we could help. :scratch:

Colony is bad assed. I'm listening to it more and more. I took a powertab of Pallar Anders Visa and made it a ringtone on my phone. :metal:

Jester Race next? Ok.

')