Any love for Godin guitars?

• Thread starter will_shred
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

will_shred

Wannabe audio engineer
Reaction score
Really, Godin is probably one of my favorite guitar companies. From their base models to their super high end ones, I've never played one that didn't wow me. not to mention the prices....

I've been GASing for a black Summit CT for ages... Only made FAR worse after having gotten to play one. I'd put that thing on par if not better than my MIJ ibby's. It really blew me away.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Seanthesheep

Reaction score
I have an original Redline in the graphite colour with a single EMG 81 and that guitar rips. easily my most agressive sounding guitar and I love it for the small feeling body. fret access isnt great but no worse than your standard LP

will_shred

Wannabe audio engineer
Reaction score
I've had my eye on these for quite some time, can't seem to have enough money when I need to though D: got any pics of yours? would love to see them, I've heard nothing but good things about them!

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/profile_mojo_data/5/6/6/9/566984/pics/_c521078_image_0.jpg

http://static.musiciansfriend.com/d...37.244.422_trans_green_rosewood_fretboard.jpg

I don't have any :( I had a Godin classical guitar that was really killer, however I've played probably 6 different Godin guitars all of which have been really great.

I gave the summit CT I played a pretty good test, and looked it over. Nothing I could really get nit picky about at all, it was pretty flawless. It was just a really solid, amazing sounding, amazing playing guitar.

bnosam

Ibanez Player
Reaction score
The guitar shop here had a couple higher end Godins, but I never liked the feel of them much. Felt "off" somehow to me, not sure how.

tripforks

wut r u doin
Reaction score
Every godin I play feels amazing. I especially enjoyed the kingpin, multioud (so freaking cool), and the A4 fretless bass. A place near me has a redline with single emg 81 and hard case for 250 and im GASing so hard for it.

My dream guitar this week would have to be a 7 string Freeway with piezo and/or Synth Access. Feeeways are some niiiiice stuff

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score
Big fan of Godin here.
I have a Freeway Classic and it's terrific. It's actually my favourite sounding guitar I own and the price is outstanding for the quality of the guitar you get.

I recently played a Godin Session and thought it was pretty great but it had a different feel than my Freeway; still an amazing guitar, but had a more 'vintage' feel that I'm not as into. Right after I played a Godin LGXSA and it was not only gorgeous but had such a great feel to it, similar feel (to me) as an EBMM JP. I have also found that every Redline i've played was also amazing :)

KFW

Reaction score
I have played a few Godins that really impressed me. Especially the electric classical I tried out.

There are quite a few brands outside of the big few that I end up really digging. Gretsch was one of them as well. Even the cheap stuff feels really high quality.

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score
I don't trust anything that comes out of Canada. You Canadians, sitting up there all nice and polite and quiet...

What are you up to...

canuck brian

Bowes Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't trust anything that comes out of Canada. You Canadians, sitting up there all nice and polite and quiet...

What are you up to...

We're building guitars. :D

I used to own am Artisan about.....15 years ago. I wish i could find another one when i actually have money in my account.

Godin%20Artisan%20ST.JPG

^^^^not mine. :(

jl-austin

Reaction score
I had a couple of redline 1's, and a freeway SA (which I discovered if I want synth sounds, just play a keyboard, LOL). I love the Godin necks. However the bodies didn't "fit" for me. Especially the Redlines, they contour the back of the guitar like crazy, then leave the top flat. :nuts:

They did have something about them though. I still have a fondness for a Redline 1. :)

celticelk

Reaction score
I've been tempted occasionally by the Godin acoustics, especially now that they've got a nylon-string 7 (the price is a little off-putting, though, esp. since I have no particular use for the synth access).

The Griffinator

Reaction score
I picked up a Godin Progression about 2 years ago. I love everything about it. Maple neck and board, trans cream body, a very classic looking strat. The HDR is a very cool feature the doesn't get enough attention IMO, that's what sold me on it.

yingmin

Parker über alles
Reaction score
Godin are decent guitars, but the only ones I'd seriously consider are the models that only they make, like a Multiac SA nylon fretless or the Grand Concert 7.

Crabface

Reaction score
I desperately want a 5th Avenue. One of the more expensive ones with an ebony fingerboard would be a plus... :p

Godin are awesome and they style their hollowbodies/jazzboxes perfectly. Incredibly pretty but never too flashy.
Ibanez could learn from them and be a little less "Schecter" with their hollowbodys.

Latest posts

')