Any luthiers in North Texas?

hk_golgatha

has two first names
Reaction score
Hey guys!
I was curious if anyone knows of any luthiers in the North Texas/DFW area? Even if any of you are home builders in the area! My school offers a mentorship program and I was just thinking how cool it would be to do a luthiery mentorship and learn to build whilst getting school credit for it.
Any information is welcome and appreciated! Thanks guys!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

hk_golgatha

has two first names
Reaction score
Does he have a company or a site where I could see his work? I don't really have room to be picky but I always enjoy looking at a good honest build! Especially good ones!

CircuitalPlacidity

Carnivorous Jesus
Reaction score
There is always Sully from Sully's guitar garage. Dunno what quality his builds are. He has tons on videos on YouTube and is pretty informative and entertaining.

Edit: He's in dallas

AwDeOh

Reaction score
Sully is a regular at LuthierTalk.com if you want to contact him.

hk_golgatha

has two first names
Reaction score
Awesome. Thanks, guys. Any and all are much appreciated!
Really hope I can get something to work out so I can study some luthiery. \m/

icos211

Schecter faithful
Reaction score
There are one or two professional guitar builders in my Luthery club. If you are in the Collin County area, hit up guysbuildingguitars.ning.com and get some information. our meetings are every first thursday of the month, usually at the Rockler in Richardson. It may not equal out to a position, but it is a good place to at least pick up some info and talk about guitar building.

hk_golgatha

has two first names
Reaction score
That's great news. I'm close enough to Collin so Richardson isn't too much of a trek. Thanks much!

ormsby guitars

Reaction score
Sully is a good friend of mine but he only tends to build weekends. Hit him up if that suits.

icos211

Schecter faithful
Reaction score
That's great news. I'm close enough to Collin so Richardson isn't too much of a trek. Thanks much!

Be warned that they are almost all mid 50's blueswankers building strat and ES-335 copies, and a few of these old guard seemed a tad unwilling to associate too much with baby little metalhead me, but the majority are really cool and everyone seems to have specific talents. One guy is building a 13 string bass out of what seems to be a hardware store 2x6, and he made his own bridge which is just awesome. There is another guy in there I met last time who did just jaw dropping inlay work. Definitely a good place to go and get some tips, tricks, and talk guitars.