Any metal bands you don't get?

• Thread starter /wrists
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
^ I like power metal, but I also don't get why people like Sabaton. I mean, yeah, you hear one song and it might be somewhat OK, but then all the rest of the songs are the same, boring mid tempo singalongs. Then again, they were never that good at playing fast either.

Sort of same issue with Beast in Black - I like their actual power metal songs, but I can't stand the stupid disco songs they mostly seem to focus on.

... what else... oh yeah:

I don't get bands whose songs are breakdowns from start to finish. I like breakdowns as much as anyone, but IMO you can't really break it down unless you go fast first. No matter how groovy or technical or whatever it is, you just don't get the same effect when the song is already in half-time.

Manurack

Nunavut Inuk
Reaction score
Sepultura, Exodus, Queensryche, Slipknot (one of my friends said their music is just nonsense noise with multiple instruments and random shit and that stuck with me), Whitechapel (why do they need THREE GUITARISTS each playing 7 string guitars?!) All of Deathcore, Animals As Leaders, Periphery and The Dillinger Escape Plan.

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
August Burns Red. To me it's just angry noise. Some of my old bandmates were SO into these guys, and I just kinda smiled and nodded while they freaked their shit over this band. Never got it.

This list is long for me... I don't usually like a lot of bands very much. Something else will come up soon.

michael_bolton

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
My gramps is giving you a huge thumbs up. Polka and barbershop quartets were his jam. And he drug me to several concerts for both. No wonder my musical tastes are so diverse.

Bought me a record player about a year ago (covid boredom most likely), my main source of buying vinyl in person is thrift stores lol so needless to say it's a pretty eclectic collection.

Out of 30 or so records I picked up my fav is Myron Floren. hands down. Somehow instrumental accordion polka fits right in with my go-to thrash/death deal. Kind of like Trollfest I suppose.

ArtDecade

Way Cool Jr
Reaction score
As the resident Transformers lore expert, I had that lesson handed to me by Simon Furman and a couple of other Transformers writers at BotCon 2002. Jeezus that was a long time ago.

If you want to be the resident Transformers expert, you need to change your avatar to Optimus Whatever or that Tape Deck Dude.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Nah. Nighttflame was a fan character that switched from Decepticon to Autobot. There's enough nerdery in my handle.
Got 'em

')