Any metal bands you don't get?

• Thread starter /wrists
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
Limp Bizkit

Surprised it took this long to spill into this thread. :lol:

I think they are another one that you can go multiple directions- front man is (was?) obnoxious, fans were obnoxious, the band had a horrible reputation, etc.

While the band doesn't really push my buttons at all, I do see why they were popular for a hot minute. It's because people love stuff that's obnoxious. And LB blew up right about at the apex of the whole edgy-for edginess's-sake thing.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dooky

Reaction score
Slipknot.
Initially, when they first came out, I steered clear of them because of the whole mask thing (thought they were a gimmick etc). Then I heard a few other musicians saying they were good and that people turned off by the masks should give them a chance. So I tried giving them a proper listen. But, as per the title of the thread, I just don't get it. They don't even sound that "heavy" to me.

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
I didn't mention Polyphia since I dodn't consider them to be metal (they don't either), but since someone else already did, count me in.

Their tone sounds like someone breaking a window, and it just drives me nuts.

Now that I think of it, maybe they're the reason why I loathe split humbucker tones and never wire my guitars that way.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
I didn't mention Polyphia since I dodn't consider them to be metal (they don't either), but since someone else already did, count me in.

Their tone sounds like someone breaking a window, and it just drives me nuts.

Now that I think of it, maybe they're the reason why I loathe split humbucker tones and never wire my guitars that way.
While I do love polyphias sound, I agree with you about the split hum thing. I can't stand it, now series/parallel? Mmmm love it.

DiezelMonster

Complainasaurus Rex
Reaction score
Weird because I think the insanely fast and clear enunciation is the neatest thing about Archspire. The dude can rap/scat to the firing of a machine gun.

That's cool man, and that is precisely what I don't like about it. It's still relatively unintelligible and just sounds way to forced to me. I mean nothing is "organic" about that band but the vocals kill it for me. Oh well that's why I get to change the channel and move on.

TheBolivianSniper

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Did you just pair nevermore and arch enemy together like they are somehow linked? Loomis has zero imprint on any of the new material. This is blasphemy!!

idk I just don't get Jeff at all but it's kinda the same vibe in my mind. I don't get either of their older material, like I love melodeath AND some good shred but I just can't get into either.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Limp Bizkit

Yep. I can understand the love for the band themselves, but Durst kills ***everything***. After RATM broke up, Limp Bizkit also shoulda broke up and formed a new band with Zach De La Rocha. An (at the time) contemporary RATM would have been killer. Use the intensity that Limp Bizkit's musicians had with... you know... music that meant something.

Reaction score
Here's another one:

GG Allin. Having seen live DVD's I could never understand how my friend who tried to get me into his music could think there was anything redeeming about it.
So..I love GG Allin, and yeah it's more the idea of what he represents more than his music ALTHOUGH I love his music too. The 90s was pretty much the last era in which rock music was dangerous and he was one of the posterkids for that.

However songs like Hanging Out With Jim, I Hate People, Expose Yourself To Kids, and Outskirts Of Life are bops and I listen to those all the time.

And let's not forget his version of 12 days of Christmas *chef kiss*

DropQb

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I really can’t stand any band that overuses the split coil humbucker sound. Basically any Instagram guitarist that tries too hard to be proggy.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
How does one love GG Allin? Dude was an absolute piece of trash.

Obviously no offense to you personally, that just boggles my mind anyone would consider a racist, homophobic, shit flinging pedo anything but gutter trash.

dgibbs1994

Reaction score
I know it's been said, but any band that is still making nu metal, I dont get it. Disturbed? Your time has passed.

Hurting my heart to see so many people bitch abt bands I truly love.

dgibbs1994

Reaction score
Any Djent or Modern Prog type stuff. The guitar tone is thin heavy mid quack that I just hate and the singers of all the bands I hate. Periphery, After the Burial, Born of Osiris, Meshugga, Veil of Maya, Monuments, ETC… I could go on and on.

Behemoth - I should like them on paper but I just don’t like them. I’ve yet to hear a song I actually like from them.,

jinjer / Spiritbox - Everyone seems to like both bands but I don’t at all.

FFDP - just ughhhh grosssss

Coheed and Cambria - groooossssss, hate them!

Between the Buried and Me, Dream Theater, Loathe, Opeth, Ministry, Tesseract, Code Orange, Gojira, Polyphia, Animals as Leaders, Atilla, Emmure, King 810,
I dont know about this guy, something sketchy. Get him out of here.

VESmedic

Reaction score
Djent, polyphia, animals as cocksuckers, anything along those lines. Complete and utter turd sandwiches all the way around.

give me disturbed and linkin park over any of this garbage.

Matt08642

Reaction score
Ghost is Scooby Doo chase music. Overhyped and underwhelming at best.

If this is what Ghost is, why are people referring to them as metal? That was closer to some Beatles inspired riffing/delivery, and I'm not saying that to be a dick, it legitimately sounds like it was meant to be a Beatles-esqe song.

Ross82

Reaction score
Megadeth blows in my opinion, never understood why people like early Megadeth over early Metallica.

Between The Buried and Me do nothing for me either and I struggle to get past the first 79 minutes of a Tool intro.

mmr007

(anti)Social Influencer
Reaction score
That Ghost as scooby doo chase music was weak. By that argument slayer is great 80 jazzercise music because this matches better….

')