Any metal bands you don't get?

• Thread starter /wrists
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
Atilla, Emmure, and King 810. Holy fuck. :lol:

I wanna thank Luke @ Rocked for helping me think of a term to describe these kinda bands.

Funny you mention King 810, fuck those methhead losers. They used to come down to Toledo thinking they were hot shit and every single time we had to make those losers run back to Flint. Fuck those guys.

I loved Emmures first two albums, after that NOPE.

/wrists

enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh and Lamb of God. That band will never click with me no matter how hard I try.
i cant listen to their studio albums, but killadelphia i enjoyed

contractor is a good song too
Atilla. Your band revolves around being cunts and acting like cunts "But they're just playing the heel". Yeah, I don't care. Cunts
pretty good gym music

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Funny you mention King 810, fuck those methhead losers. They used to come down to Toledo thinking they were hot shit and every single time we had to make those losers run back to Flint. Fuck those guys.

I loved Emmures first two albums, after that NOPE.

King 810 had fucking armed security around their stages. Armed with (prop?) rifles. To make themselves look more badass. If that isn't small dick energy, I don't know what is.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
King 810 had fucking armed security around their stages. Armed with (prop?) rifles. To make themselves look more badass. If that isn't small dick energy, I don't know what is.
Didnt realize they got that big, this is like, Mid to late 2000's, playing house shows.

Yeah, little dick energy all over.

mmr007

(anti)Social Influencer
Reaction score
Lamb of God is like the only groove metal band I can't get into. :lol:
Lamb of God is a weird one for me because musically I really like them and there are some songs I love like Grace, Hourglass, 11th Hour...but I have a threshold for tolerable vocals and Randy lives just north of the wrong side of it so with most of their stuff if the riff isn't top notch the vocals will chase me away. But their guitarist Mark Morton seems like a really cool dude.

mmr007

(anti)Social Influencer
Reaction score
Nobody likes Slayer..not even Slayer
200.gif

Unless you're talking about Kerry King songs...in which case whatever you're drinking I'll buy next round.

TheBlackBard

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Idunno of anyone that considers Ghost a badass metal band. They're a groovy rock band. It's just catchy glam rock. :lol:

I never got the impression that they were supposed to be all that heavy. Hell, all the stuff I had seen before I checked them out basically said they were more old school oriented. Checked them out by listening to Secular Haze. I like how they sound, and have seen them live and I don't know. I just don't get the hate, really. I can see why people don't like their music, but you'd swear that most detractors think they shouldn't exist which is a weird way of thinking. Surely as long as their bands are making music they love, it shouldn't matter what anyone else does musically.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I never got the impression that they were supposed to be all that heavy. Hell, all the stuff I had seen before I checked them out basically said they were more old school oriented. Checked them out by listening to Secular Haze. I like how they sound, and have seen them live and I don't know. I just don't get the hate, really. I can see why people don't like their music, but you'd swear that most detractors think they shouldn't exist which is a weird way of thinking. Surely as long as their bands are making music they love, it shouldn't matter what anyone else does musically.

They have had moments of heavy music, but it's more like heavy hard rock ala Black Sabbath. But I agree the visceral reaction is fucking weird. Even in this thread.

Dayn

Reaction score
I 'get' pretty much most metal bands. I may not like a band, but I 'get' it.

With that out of the way, what springs to mind is Lamb of God, Mastodon, Black Label Society - basically the bands I saw in magazines (mostly Metal Hammer) when I figured sure let's buy a magazine why not, who were also popular in some forums I frequented.

I get why people like them, but it sounded very simplistic and straightforward to me. Doesn't hold my interest. I don't like a lot of straightforward 'rock' or 'hard rock' bands, either. I think I just like it when a band does something unique and hones in on that.

But I also give almost zero shits about lyrics. They rarely move me, they rarely connect with me, they're rarely necessary, but I do appreciate good vocals as an instrument. So bands that focus on lyrics with music as the backdrop usually pass me by unless I think they're really good.

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
Atilla, Emmure, and King 810. Holy fuck. :lol:

I wanna thank Luke @ Rocked for helping me think of a term to describe these kinda bands.

So many bands have this same tired "my relationship failed so all women are stupid bitches" lyrical shtick. It's a shame because some of them, like Converge, have legitimately kickass riffage. Shellac also comes to mind. Their lyrics are beyond cringy, and the satire excuse doesn't fucking fly in this house.

/wrists

enthusiast
Reaction score
So many bands have this same tired "my relationship failed so all women are stupid bitches" lyrical shtick. It's a shame because some of them, like Converge, have legitimately kickass riffage. Shellac also comes to mind. Their lyrics are beyond cringy, and the satire excuse doesn't fucking fly in this house.
post hardcore am i right

akinari

Reaction score
A lot of y'all seem to be missing out on the opportunity to enjoy music because of totally extraneous stuff

')