Any metal bands you don't get?

• Thread starter /wrists
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mmr007

(anti)Social Influencer
Reaction score
Other bands play, Manowar kills.
touche-touch.gif

Reaction score
I see that Slipknot has been posted a few times. I was into III or whatever…when i was like 13. Now i get daily emails from MetalInjection and there is a story about Corey Taylor every damn day, not always even slipknot related, I just dont get it.

I like a lot of black metal but I never got into Emperor. Also cant stand Cradle of Filth and Dimmu, they both sound corny af to me. maybe im just not cvlt enough.

Gatecreeper too. I love osdm and more organic recording approaches that have become popular lately but I don’t get why Gatecreeper is as popular as they are.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
Megadeth blows in my opinion, never understood why people like early Megadeth over early Metallica.

Between The Buried and Me do nothing for me either and I struggle to get past the first 79 minutes of a Tool intro.
First half, fuck yeah bro.

Second half, we are now enemies.

Ross82

Reaction score
First half, fuck yeah bro.

Second half, we are now enemies.

BTBM I just dont see why people crap their pants about them, not to say they're bad but I dont hear the "OMG" in them. Now saying that, a Dusty Waring PRS could well end up in my possession at some point ;)

Tool is just too long in getting to the point for me, once they get to the point its ok but hurry the fuck up. I troll my wife (she likes Tool) by playing the same generic Tool style riff for aaaaagges untill she snaps and says something like "stop playing the same thing all the time!" and I respond with some smart ass comment.

Strobe

Reaction score
A lot of people like Ghost. I have not heard one song I can sit through. Given the number of people whose opinions I respect that like the band, maybe it's just me - but it feels like the costumes are up to eleven, and the music is crappy soft rock with wimpy vocals. I do not even hate soft rock. I just hate his soft rock.

I also do not love Dream Theater. I get that they are amazing - and I say this as a guy that really loves Petrucci and owns 3 of his signature guitars. It's mostly I do not love the vocals and the keys. Not that both are not talented - it just is not my taste. They write brilliant songs that I just do not jam with (with a few exceptions - some of their songs are awesome - I just do not like most of them).

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
This. Could never understand why anyone would go to a show to be assaulted and have feces flung at them....
Yes dude, that or support an openly racist, homophobic piece of shit who nonchalantly drugged and raped underage girls on a regular basis. Piece of shit.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
Legit, he got the death he deserved, and the burial he deserved. Rotting and bloated in a bathtub with his "friends" pouring beers and cig butts on him. Seriously, bite it you scum.

mmr007

(anti)Social Influencer
Reaction score
Many many years ago the first time I heard of GG Allin was a guy in my platoon was telling me about him. The stories he told me helped me conclude that this guy was a liar (or massive exaggerator) so I didn't like him because I don't care for people who are that untruthful. Years later I realized I owe him an apology for everything except his taste in music.

Rob Joyner

Reaction score
Monuments. It's just djent emo.
The end.

Spiritbox is EXTREMELY overrated as well.

Rob Joyner

Reaction score
oh and Iron Maiden is beyond horrid.
I mean, I can't even

admgloval

Reaction score
Wayyyyyy too many bands to list. And the sad thing about getting older (just turned 51) is that I am finding that many of the bands I discovered later in life (2000-present) I no longer care for. Vocals that I used to enjoy now annoy the shit out of me. Riffs that I once thought were catchy now sound lame and uninspired. I find myself going back to the stuff I started out with, 80's and early 90's heavy metal, thrash and death metal. Also have developed an appreciation for more rock and roll type stuff like Tom Petty and many others.

')