Any Moderately Priced High Gain Distortion Pedal Recommendations?

• Thread starter metalheadblues
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

broj15

Reaction score
I'm probably in the minority but the boss ODB3 has become my secret weapon. HM2 with all knobs on 10 going into and ODB3 makes both my fender voiced tube amps scream. HM2's are pricey but there's a whole load of cheap clones that are available and the ODB3 can consistently be found for $40-$60.

metalheadblues

Reaction score
Rat into big muff.

Also have you used the computer editor for the mustang?
Yeah i had it but don't think it's supported on Windows 11 , i really enjoy the tone of the mustang but at high volumes it doesn't sound as rich

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah i had it but don't think it's supported on Windows 11 , i really enjoy the tone of the mustang but at high volumes it doesn't sound as rich
Gotta dial it in at high volume.

ErockRPh

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I've had a Rat and Big Muff I used together in the past. You're not going to get a djent tone.
There's a lot of nuance in both of those pedals. A Rat can work as anything from a boost to a fuzz depending on how you use it. And a Muff has a lot of room before you get to Fuzz cental. David Gilmour's tone is primarily a boost/Muff combo. Personally, I use a boosted Muff to get my extra thi(((ck doom tones. There's a lot of room between "Comfortably Numb" and Electric Wizard, and I'm sure you can find a good djent in there with some patience.

metalheadblues

Reaction score
Update. I find pedals a bit to cumbersome for live use. Ended up stretching my budget and getting a headrush mx5 on sale from Amazon. Think it should get the job done.

')