Any mountain bikers?

• Thread starter Universe74
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

B Lopez

Vescere bracis meis.
Reaction score
Rebuilt an 8 year old gap take off that finally snapped in half.

sgaprebuild1.jpg

sgaprebuild2.jpg

fuck that :erk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Universe74

Reaction score
Wifes new bike.

fluid3.jpg

Did a big DH ride today with here. First in a long time. New bike helps the stoke so she's back at it. Here is a old photo of her dropping stuff.

carla_rudys.JPG

Abhorred

Reaction score
She goes bigger than me... Props to that!

[action=Abhorred]crawls back to his flat, gnarless cave.[/action]

slay

Reaction score
i have a 08 stock GT avalanche 3.0 that im itching to ride.

edit- lol just noticed your avalanche 2.0 right above my post. Nice bike :)

mine is the 3.0 with the old fashion vee brakes. Stock except lizard skin and more road friendly tires. Kind of wish i got the 2.0 so i could have got the lockout fork.

Mattmc74

Contributor
Reaction score
^ Thanks man! :yesway: Yeah I really like the lock out on the forks. And this is my first bike with disc brakes as well. BIG difference in stopping power.
I need to get a street bike to ride to work this summer. The pavement destroyed a set of Kenda Nevagels for last summer. Stupid on my part:wallbash:.

Post some pics of your bike Cliff. And what kind of riding do you usually do?

slay

Reaction score
i dont have any pics of it and it's in the shed which i cant get to because of the snow lol

I'm just a freeride/XC rider. Im a clyde so i gotta be careful on my bike haha

i used to be big into mtbing when i was abit younger. Had a nice KHS all done up.

Im kind of wishing i spent the extra on the cable pull disc brakes. I opted for the vee brakes because i have had them before and they are pretty reliable. I thought the disc brakes might have been trouble but i have only read good things about them.

El Caco

Djavli te ponesli
Contributor
Reaction score
:bump: because I just put one of these on lay-by and I can not wait to do some trail riding.

9mgi_xtcadv.jpg

El Caco

Djavli te ponesli
Contributor
Reaction score
I decided not to go through with the Giant, now I have two builds going on. Both bikes are Planet X frames, one is a Zebdi the other is a Jack Flash.

Alex-D33

Golderak is King
Contributor
Reaction score
This is my Ride ..... the one the only KONA HEI HEI Sandvick 3-2.5 Ti frame and full shimano XTR, Nuke Proof hubs , Chris King headset.

I'm having trouble with uploading pic's. :wallbash:

Universe74

Reaction score
Small update. Finally got back to this gap. Working on the landing...nearly done.

rrgap3.jpg

rrgap4.jpg

Winspear

Winspear // Noisemother
Reaction score
Awesome thread, I want to see some more of this crazy shit :hbang:

Unfortunately, the around where I like was a small jump track based around one drop in, though I don't know if I'd have the balls to do anything more :lol:. Here's a pic fished up from google. It must be very old. This place was made around 1995, I didn't find it until I was about 11 (2002) and both the area and the jumps were fair bit larger by then. Havn't seen it for about a year now.
ian-8.jpg

This pic and thread give me huge nostalgia. My and the lads spent several great summers down here around 8 hours each day from 2002 to 2006. I never got real good but remember how incredible it was when I first learnt what real air feels like after two summers stuck on the tabletops. I remember how crazy that feeling is when you really clear a jump and the bike naturally nosedives into the landing...So scary the first time :hbang:And the pure joy of epic crashes with little or no injury :lol:

Here's the last bike I had, nothing expensive but I love it! Not my photo - Mine has some sexy red parts and no decals.
ritual1.jpg

I still own this bike but honestly can't do anything more than ride it off a curb these days :lol: Tried taking her down there in the summer of 08 with the intent of riding again, but sadly even after spending a day getting my confidence back I still could barely take my back wheel off the tabletops. I guess it's for the best - I've become a lot more safety aware since then and I guess it's not really my thing anymore :(
Now all the bike is used for is topless cross country riding in the summer in (failed) attempts to get a tan :hbang:

TomParenteau

Tube & Analog Snob
Reaction score
This is my Ride ..... the one the only KONA HEI HEI Sandvick 3-2.5 Ti frame and full shimano XTR, Nuke Proof hubs , Chris King headset.

I'm having trouble with uploading pic's. :wallbash:

:fawk:

I raced BMX very successfully in the late '70s for 4 years. I did some mt. bike & cyclocross races after that, and got into a great freeride downhill maniac gang.

Then I got sucked in by the music scene vortex & started playing shows in bands.

I still love riding (when the weather is good--how many more hours of my life do I really need to spend cleaning bicycles?) and have a very nice 24" BMX bike. I also have a kind of GT mt. bike-turned-hybrid that is my go-to steed, and some weird ones including an ancient Schwinn that is powered by a weed-eater motor.

Yup, I'm almost 48 and I pedal to the gym. I even hit the local jumps occasionally. Catch some air, try not to get hurt too bad...

Mattmc74

Contributor
Reaction score
:fawk:

I raced BMX very successfully in the late '70s for 4 years. I did some mt. bike & cyclocross races after that, and got into a great freeride downhill maniac gang.

Then I got sucked in by the music scene vortex & started playing shows in bands.

I still love riding (when the weather is good--how many more hours of my life do I really need to spend cleaning bicycles?) and have a very nice 24" BMX bike. I also have a kind of GT mt. bike-turned-hybrid that is my go-to steed, and some weird ones including an ancient Schwinn that is powered by a weed-eater motor.

Yup, I'm almost 48 and I pedal to the gym. I even hit the local jumps occasionally. Catch some air, try not to get hurt too bad...

:yesway: Cool man! I try to ride my GT as much as I can to help stay in shape. In the spring/summer I try to ride it in to work every day I can.

')