Any non-'djent' 8-stringers?

• Thread starter Dehumanize
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

tbar

8 String shredder
Reaction score
THAT BOY AINT RIGHT

Spawned out of the dead end city know as Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. That boy aint right is a definate breath of fresh air in the lungs of the local metal scene. A scene that is over populated with bands that have talent but no vision. TBAR's focous is not to mirror the sounds of their idols, but to take the music past where it was found and create something new. Innovate, not recreate. Featuring shredding 8 string guitars, thunderous 6 string fretless bass, vocals from a madman and precision drumming, TBAR is ready to fill venues and drop jaws.

www.myspace.com/tbarmetal

www.reverbnation.com/thatboyaintright
e22cs@hotmail.com

matty2fatty

Reaction score
^ (one extra, got ninja'd) killer stuff. Compound Terror is you, right? I remember listening to it a while back, I love how raw it is

Trespass

AEADGBEA
Reaction score
Not metal by any means, but I have no problems championing this guys music in any 8 string djent alternative thread:

THAT BOY AINT RIGHT ADVERTISEMENT

Are you serious? I mean, they're good, but your in the band/affiliated with the band, aren't you?

Reaction score

This guy plays a bit of everything:

One of the guitarists from The Special Purpose uses a fanned fret eight-string. They're a jazz/fusion band.

tbar

8 String shredder
Reaction score
I can't get into these 'djent' bands like After the Burial and Periphery, although Meshuggah is decent, but 8-string guitars look great and it seems that something could be done with them that would interest me. I'm into death metal along the lines of Suffocation and Nile, but I'm not necessarily looking for players in that style playing 8-strings, but just anything that isn't 'chuggy' music.

Suggest some bands, post some YouTubes, whatever. I want to see what could be done on an 8-string, besides breakdowns.

im not advertizing my band, he asked to suggest some bands so he can see what can be done on an 8 string, and this is what i have to offer. what I do on my 8 string.

S-O

t(-.-t)
Reaction score
Jesus Christ, TBAR, spam somewhere else, 4 posts in a row is unnecessary. One post was tolerable, albeit lame with the whole bio thing, a straight up, check out my band: (link) would have been fine.

Back on topic, a lot of awesome has been mentioned, but I think 8 strings are still catching on, even though they have been around a while.

Dehumanize

Banned
Reaction score
I can't really get into any of the metal bands suggested. Portal I've never been able to take seriously, hahaha.

Chumple Spuzz

Righteous Dude
Reaction score
aw man, i was all pumped to mention josh martin, but i got beat to it! but seriously, that guy has an incredible talent for using 8-string guitars in a col, nontraditional way. listen to the brock scott quartet and little tybee, they both feature his guitar playing, theyre like the same band give or take a few members, and both have a really innovative indie/bluegrass/folk sound.

also, fleshwrought, the new band featuring navene koperweis of animosity and AAL and jonny davy of JFAC is pretty cool, not too djenty. Solid metal.

')