Any non-'djent' 8-stringers?

• Thread starter Dehumanize
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mexi

Reaction score
I'd say Ion Dissonance and DANZA stand out in non-djenty 8string metal

Poncho

10 stringer
Reaction score
I had to go look up what 'djent' was. Lol. Back in the day we called it 'chugging'. Har.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
To me they seem pretty 'djenty'. I'm not saying it's a bad thing but this thread specifically asks for 'non-djent'.

They are not djenty ha ha. He chugs on the F# a bit, but how else do you use it? You can't play chords on that shit, if you wanna play a distorted riff on there its going to be chuggy. We're splitting hairs here, but DH is a metalcore band (At least the first album is).

Kavnar

Reaction score
They are not djenty ha ha. He chugs on the F# a bit, but how else do you use it? You can't play chords on that shit, if you wanna play a distorted riff on there its going to be chuggy. We're splitting hairs here, but DH is a metalcore band (At least the first album is).

Yes their first album is definitely metalcore and I understand that they don't strictly 'djent', but their new stuff (to me at least :shrug:) sounds like it has a lot of elements that are common in 'djent' (god I hate that word :noplease:). Anyway, I shouldn't have involved myself haha, my bad!

shredfreak

Reaction score

btsdaniel

Reaction score
I use the low F in my band for Chords only, i don't chug on it at all. Works really well for making things sound 'big'.

You get massive sustain from it.

distressed_romeo

F'king ............
Forum MVP
Reaction score
That Hunab Ku video was awesome.:lol:

Alexander Vynograd's been playing an eight-string classical tuned AEADGCEA for a long while now. And yes, he really is fretting notes with his chin here...

Paul Gailbraith's been playing an eight-string classical for ages as well, but he tunes AEADGBEA.

')