Any other punk fans?

• Thread starter tacotiklah
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Old school, nice! I'm a huge punk fan as well. I have Rancid on regular rotation on my iphone. Generally speaking, I think punk is a pretty underappreciated genre, much like most metal. Pop-punk (by definition) isn't, but most punk bands are never heard by most people, and it's a shame.

Polythoral

Hipster Mustaine
Reaction score
Not a huge fan of the 'truer' punk like you posted, though Dead Kennedys are great.

I love a lot of more recent punk though.

Lately I've been really getting into modern melodic punk and very punk influenced metal.

NOFX, Anti Flag, Millencolin, old AFI, Bouncing Souls, Suicide Machines, Million Dead, The Explosion.

Also, plenty of ska, which is often grouped sort of with punk, like Goldfinger, Less Than Jake, and Reel Big Fish.

A lot of older pop punk that actually had a punk aspect, too, such as Allister, Fenix TX, Rufio, and Mest.

Kwampis

Reaction score
Do I like punk?

Yes

:lol:

Seriously though I grew up on punk rock. I lean more towards early 80s stuff, but there's plenty of newer stuff I like too.

natspotats

Reaction score
i love pop punk and easy core! The Wonder Years is definaly my favorite band but ive been jizzing over The Story So Far recently as well

ElRay

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Man, I remember when a lot of this came out. I'm feeling Olde.

Ray

Electric Wizard

it's my first day
Reaction score
I love punk. I don't really listen to it much anymore except for the older British Oi bands. I was huge into hardcore and the straight edge scene back in the day. Pop punk is good too, when done right.

tacotiklah

I am Denko (´・ω・`)
Reaction score
I feel like I'm really late to the party on this, but I'm now discovering the genre "queercore". :lol:

SkapocalypseNow

Coffee Cups?
Reaction score
A place with stuff and things and people. Just kid
Love punk. Old stuff, new stuff, mixed in with other stuff when it's done right. 'sall good to me. Rancid, The Vandals, Anti Flag, NOFX, Authority Zero, Descendents (They sorta started my love for it. Gateway punk, if you will :lol:). Also got a bit into old hardcore punk, although the progression it took confuses me.

And going with a lot of the mentions before, ska and ska-punk :wub:

Divinehippie

ESaD ;)
Reaction score
ska and ska/punk for sure. Against all authority is a sweet band. i love Reel Big Fish and Streetlight Manifesto :wub:

poopyalligator

Dr.Poopyalligator
Reaction score
I am a huge punk fan. Although not in the "real punk rock" way. I love bands like Bad Religion, pennywise (old stuff anyway), NFG, Fenix tx, millencolin. Pretty much a lot of pop punk stuff also. Most punk rockers would call me a poseur, but fuck them lol.

Kwampis

Reaction score
Here's some more.

Fugazi because post-punk is awesome.

Rites of Spring was simply an incredibly intense band.

Husker Du was way more than just a punk band, but when they played punk songs they nailed it.

And NoMeansNo is just criminally unknown.

Kwampis

Reaction score
Bad Religion

:agreed: They were the first band I ever got seriously into. I think they've been going downhill lately, but Suffer through Stranger than Fiction are six amazing albums, and I don't think they've ever put out anything outright bad.

Pretty much a lot of pop punk stuff also. Most punk rockers would call me a poseur, but fuck them lol.
Yep, those guys are assholes. :lol:

ncfiala

Silence you bastard
Reaction score
I haven't listened to much of this stuff lately since I'm pretty much a metalhead at the moment, but some things on my CD shelves that might be considered "punk" are

Dead Kennedys
Circle Jerks
7 Seconds
Gorilla Biscuits
Youth of Today
Insted
Fugazi
Embrace
Rites of Spring
Pennywise
Scherzo
Descendents
Shelter
Avail
Minor Threat
Shai Hulud
Inside Out
Underdog
Teen Idles
SSD
Chain of Strength
Operation Ivy
Government Issue
S.O.A.
Youth Brigade
Bold
JFA
Bad Religion
Big Drill Car
All
Agnostic Front
Bikini Kill
Nation Of Ulysses
Refused
Gray Matter

That's all I can think of right now.

poopyalligator

Dr.Poopyalligator
Reaction score
:agreed: They were the first band I ever got seriously into. I think they've been going downhill lately, but Suffer through Stranger than Fiction are six amazing albums, and I don't think they've ever put out anything outright bad.

Yep, those guys are assholes. :lol:

I am the same way. Bad Religion was the band that inspired me to pick up a guitar. I am a fan of all of their earlier work. I even liked a couple of the newer albums. I actually thought "process of belief" was one of their best pieces of work. However the past 3 or 4 albums have been pretty shitty.

')