Any Porcupine Tree fans here?

• Thread starter thedonutman
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Variant

Banned
Reaction score
Just got back. Holy shit! :eek: That was one of THE best shows I've seen a looooooooooonnnng time. P.T.'s performance was off the charts. They said they were a bit nervous and fresh in Seattle, but on point tonight. No doubt! :cool: I can't really find anything to fault it, not even the mix, which was excellent. These guys are absolutely on top of their game, America needs to fucking wake up an pay attention! :squint:

And yes, That 1 Guy was great too. Quite musical, funny, magical, an entertainer for sure. Certianly better than Kayne, Swift, and Beyonce put together. :lol: But really... he was.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ICX357

Reaction score
The new album is pretty awesome, when it got to the meshuggah part I had to check if i was still listening to this album it was mixed so well.

Nats

Reaction score
anyone that's seen them on this tour, do they play Mellotron Scratch? i've been all over this song lately

liamh

Geek-chic
Reaction score
Interesting, Dream Theaters latest effort got them pretty damn high in the US billboard chart.

JoryGriffin

Reaction score
Going to see PT on the 10th of October and I can't wait.

It's going to kick ass, especially since they're playing The Incident in it's entirety

Nats

Reaction score
went to the show last night in NY. holy fuck it was mind blowing. anyone that likes them even a little should see them at least once.

Cyntex

love & peace!
Reaction score
The new album is pretty cool, though it took me a while to get into, unlike other PT albums. Purchased it together with In Absentia which I had been looking for like ever. <3 Trains

Reaction score
I need to see this band live. I've had their stuff for a while but didn't get into them until recently. hooray for psychedelic, ambient rock

Nidolf

Reaction score
I'm listening to the incident right now, and my first impression is more positive than the last one. I really liked the songwriting on Fear of a blank planet, but for some reason I couldn't really dig the mix, but I like both parts on the new album so far.

Groff

Medicine Chief/RHLC©
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm listening to the incident right now, and my first impression is more positive than the last one. I really liked the songwriting on Fear of a blank planet, but for some reason I couldn't really dig the mix, but I like both parts on the new album so far.

Yeah, the record has an amazing mix. I'm stuck with the MP3's until I receive my Vinyl copy in the mail.

Demiurge

Reaction score
Saw them Sunday in Boston- it was a very good show, although I preferred the last Boston show they played- more variation from their catalog that time. Sure they played "Russia on Ice," but they substituted the original coda with the last half of "Anesthetize." There is so much good stuff before In Absentia, it's a shame that hardly anything made the setlist.

They were supposed to do an acoustic set earlier in the day at Newbury Comics, but they did a signing instead. The band is super-nice.

TruthDose

SRS BIDNIZZ
Reaction score
Yeah, I really like Porcupine Tree, I dl'd the new album about 2-3 weeks ago and I love it. "I'll Drive the Hearse" is a fantastic finale to the album.

Metalus

JP BFR Whore
Reaction score
One of the best bands to relax to. Havent had a chance to hear the new album but i will probably dig it :D

')