Any PRS SE love out there?

• Thread starter Chris O
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
I've owned 3 or 4, pretty sure I like 'em ;)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

gunch

digidun digidun wakka wakka skree
Reaction score
I did some "surgery" on the Teles last night, and both the Squiers have sc-sized humbuckers in the bridge now - Chopper T in the blue and a Little '59 in the white one. The blue sparkle now has a black pickguard too - looks better IMO, and it kinda pops. With that and the hum, it's a little more "rock" now. I'm beginning to think the the white one might be a USA or Mexi body though - it didn't look like pine in the neck pocket. Kinda heavy too. I put the Wilkinson bridges in too, and all went well. They set up well, and sound terrific. I think I'll probably find a bridge p'up for the pearl Fender too, and I already have a bridge for it.

Couple "post-op" pics:

pics

Yeah that's cool but why are you posting them in a thread about PRS SE guitars? :scratch:

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
I almost sold my Mushok SE and I'm glad I yanked it down and kept it! Stellar guitar for the price, I swapped the tuners for Schaller locking M6 tuners and the pickups with a calibrated pair of BKP Black Hawk 6'ers and it is a beast! :flex: I may not play my baritone every day but for the price, it's worth keeping around as every time I plug it in I smile at how tight the tone is on that puppy! :D

BadSeed

Reaction score
I've still not yet tried a Korean PRS but I've been wanting to for a while. Whichever the model is that has the actual 1/8" maple top? But I'm a fool for cheap Korean.guitars and these fit the bbill

On the other hand, my local shop carries USA PRS guitars and I got to play a couple of them. I gotta say I wasn't that impressed. While the finishes were unbelievable, they just didn't feel or sound like a 2300 dollar guitar should. Not a lot of resonance and the stock pickups weren't great either, but its subjective and probably just my opinion as I love older Gibson studio's and Agile AL series guitars, 2 things that don't get a lot of love here haha

stryker1800

Sweet Pickle
Reaction score
I own the SE Torero, Mike Mushok sig, and some random customized SE semi hollow I picked up at a pawn shop in Georgia. I love them all but the Torero especially after I put some Bare knuckle pickups in it.

Latest posts

')