Any RGD7UC samples in existance?

• Thread starter BoW
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BoW

Reaction score
I've been searching around the web and I've found nothing. Surely someone must have bought one and recorded with it by now.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Edika

Reaction score
In this recording I must say I didn't hear a drastic difference between the Aftermath pickups in the three different guitars and I actually preffered the EMG 808's.

chamelious

Reaction score
I would really fancy one of these if it wasn't for the ridiculous price tag

Kunu

Reaction score
Nice looking axe but I didnt like the playability, it was kind of clumsy. And yes, the pricetag is 25% too high to bee cool.

Sepultorture

Murder Machine
Reaction score
RGD7UC beautiful axe, but agreed on price, way too over priced, especially for a guitar whose pickups i would swap out anyway

for the price of the newer prestige 752's, the UC doesn't look as tempting, though i like the RGD series more than the RG, ebony board and bareknuckle pickups is not worth the upcharge

MAJ Meadows SF

on a tone quest
Reaction score
from your front yard, staring into your window
It would be nice if I could f*cking find one in a store. I hate how these retailers and manufacturers are not on the same sheet of music---- yeah I'm leaving that pun there. The smartest thing would be to do a demo run for new guitars and amps, etc, doing a SIT after a few months to get certain things out there to circulate and expose more people to them.

On topic: His tone does not suit the Aftermaths at all. Agreed the EMGs sound better in this clip.

MemphisHawk

Reaction score
I'll make a recording with some different rigs and an RGD7UC when it shows up here. Should be around a week or so before I have one in my hands.

Vigaren

Reaction score
You can save alot of money by just buying a regular RGD and throw in a set of aftermaths. I love ebony fretboards but the price tag as said, is WAY to high IMO

MemphisHawk

Reaction score
I didn't pay any money for it. After it gets here, it's headed back out for true temperament frets and a Nissan Midnight Purple III paint job.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
I didn't pay any money for it. After it gets here, it's headed back out for true temperament frets and a Nissan Midnight Purple III paint job.

Wow, that sounds sick dude! Really looking forward to seeing that project! Who is doing the true temperament fretjob for you?

MemphisHawk

Reaction score
Exploring those options now. I am in Japan (RGD7UC is not available to purchase here, also), but I am trying to avoid more international guitar shipping, so I will research somewhere in Ochanomizu probably that can do it.

Tyler

Reaction score
I'd love to try out the FR6UC but as everyone says, the price point it not worth it at all. Maybe we'll see these decrease in price but who knows. If I were to remotely spend that much on an Ibanez itd either be a nice J Custom or the JBM100 (which idk if thats worth the 2500 either)

MemphisHawk

Reaction score
Interesting note. All the RGD2127FX on sweetwater are over a pound lighter than the RGD7UCs that they had on there. Maybe that's all in the pickups, I don't know. but the weights are consistent across three of each model.

also RGD2127FX 1500USD

+ the Gotoh Tuners (65USD for 6-pack ... couldn't find a 7 pack)
+BKP Aftermath 7 string set on Axe Palace 335USD
+ Ebony vs. Rosewood fingerboard difference ~~30USD

= 430 USD
1500 + 430 = 1930USD, so yeah it's about 160USD too much, but I also didn't add shipping for those tuners or pickups. Let's be nice and say 10 bucks, so now we are 150USD over.
I know tons change their own pickups here, but suppose you take it to a shop to have them changed, I'd say 30 dollars would be cheaper than most shops would do it and now you are down to 120USD over.

Not sticking up for the price at all. 1999USD would be a better price point, but people seem to think that the 7UC is like 300 dollars too expensive.

Grindspine

likes pointy things
Reaction score
Interesting note. All the RGD2127FX on sweetwater are over a pound lighter than the RGD7UCs that they had on there. Maybe that's all in the pickups, I don't know. but the weights are consistent across three of each model.

also RGD2127FX 1500USD

+ the Gotoh Tuners (65USD for 6-pack ... couldn't find a 7 pack)
+BKP Aftermath 7 string set on Axe Palace 335USD
+ Ebony vs. Rosewood fingerboard difference ~~30USD

= 430 USD
1500 + 430 = 1930USD, so yeah it's about 160USD too much, but I also didn't add shipping for those tuners or pickups. Let's be nice and say 10 bucks, so now we are 150USD over.
I know tons change their own pickups here, but suppose you take it to a shop to have them changed, I'd say 30 dollars would be cheaper than most shops would do it and now you are down to 120USD over.

Not sticking up for the price at all. 1999USD would be a better price point, but people seem to think that the 7UC is like 300 dollars too expensive.

The UC model also has an ebony fretboard instead of rosewood.

Sepultorture

Murder Machine
Reaction score
even with the ebony board and locking tuners this bad boy shouldn't jump in such a price just cus of BK pickups

they have non prestige 7's with ebony, whether or not it's quality is best left to speculation, but even their current bare bones prestige 7s have locking gotoh tuners on them and cost less than the 2127fx

so really they justify their price hike pretty much with just the bk pickups

which is retarded cus i'd swap em out anyhow, so i'll just stick with the 2127fx and throw gotohs and dimarzios in them and still come out ith much less to pay

Reaction score
I've been searching around the web and I've found nothing. Surely someone must have bought one and recorded with it by now.

I just got mine and and it's incredible I only payed 1800 for it :) now I just gotta compare it to my Komrad20 25.5

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    407.9 KB · Views: 43
')