Any SSO Vapers? (Electronic-cigarettes)

• Thread starter will_shred
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
I'll tell you what, I have an istick 20w with a nautilus mini, and my co-worker has an istick 50w with a aspire atlantis, and as far as I can tell I'm getting better tasting vape with bigger clouds.

I don't really understand the deal with how they're making these things more and more powerful. How much vapor do you need? Honestly guys I fire my dude at 8-9w depending on my mood and I get so much cloudage I can't see while I'm driving even with the windows cracked. It's so much more than a cigarette ever produced, even more than my hookah back in uni, more than other vapers... This setup works great is the point I'm getting at. Better than great.

You guys blowing clouds with your billion watt negative 14 ohm digs, what's even goin on there? What are you doing? Does every room youre in have like 1' visibility or what? More importantly: Why? I take that back; I actually can relate a lot to "doing things just for the heck of it" or "because it looks neat", but after a certain point making that much vapor when you're just trying to smoke seems inconvenient.

I guess all I'm saying is that it seems to me the only people getting vape quality noticeably better than a barebones istick/nautilus setup are using homemade coils and special juices and drips.

I wish that instead of trying to make bigger batteries for hotter coils they could just take the reasonable technology they already have and spend their effort making that better, more efficient, higher quality, something like that. The new MVP might have 30 wats so you can fire some novelty tank but it looks like garbage and I bet it weighs like a brick.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

will_shred

Wannabe audio engineer
Reaction score
:shrug: I usually vape at 22 watts, that's not so crazy. I like to take lung hits and blow big clouds. It's like having a freakin hookah in my pocket and I love that. I personally only know one person who vapes super high wattage (he usually goes around 60) and it's just too hot for me. I was at a show with him once and he started blowing massive clouds over the stage (with the bands permission of course) and you'd think that they had a fog machine in the back line. Also, I think the wattage wars have pretty much stopped now that there are multiple 100+ watt devices on the market. Manufacturers realized that they can only take this thing so far lol.

JSanta

Reaction score
Love my Vapor Shark rDNA 40. Excellent battery life, small size, more than enough power, and temp control. What's not to like?

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
I guess what I'm saying is that I don't understand why people insist that higher wattages will you'll do better taste or cloud production because obviously I'm using a very low wattage and I'm still getting excellent taste and cloud production

Daniel13

Reaction score
the funny thing is i use carto tanks at work and drip at home, i run .2 ohms cause it just heats up faster, i don't do it for clouds (i'm always using flavor attys) and i usually take very short puffs.

will_shred, i'd definitely recommend the mvp i don't think i've ever heard of them breaking i would've bought one but personally think they look hideous.

don't really trust any of these 50+ watt mods or dna devices. kinda seems like they don't last long and they're rather expensive

Pezshreds

SSBRO.org Regular
Reaction score
Higher wattage builds give me a satisfying vape. I still vape lower. On my billow I vape 36w on a .5ohm build, but I use my billow for convenience of not having to drip (It still has pretty good flavour). I don't do it for the clouds, I just prefer that warm vape.

will_shred

Wannabe audio engineer
Reaction score
My vaporshark has officially .... the bed. RIP.

Good thing I've always got my trusty Sting-Ray. Rocking a .4 ohm twisted 28 gauge, vaping Wild Fire by propaganda vapes, and ohmygod this juice is amazing. It tastes like a fresh s'more.

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
Right now I'm using a Aspire Nautilus with an Aspire C.F. Mod. I mostly got the C.F. because I planned on getting a Kanger Subtank and was looking for a cheap option to be able to fire the Subtank. Honestly, the CF kinda sucks. I was thinking of going iStick 50w with a Subtank Pro, unless I can get some input. Nicotine isn't an issue, I only use either 0 or 2 mg of nicotine. I'm just about the flavor and blowing some nice clouds. I also noticed I like something that gives a warmer hit. My fiancée uses the Nautilus with a 20w iStick and seems fine, but I guess I would like a little more power. I'm thinking even the 30w iStick may suffice, but for the price, may as well go 50w. Any input?

will_shred

Wannabe audio engineer
Reaction score
Right now I'm using a Aspire Nautilus with an Aspire C.F. Mod. I mostly got the C.F. because I planned on getting a Kanger Subtank and was looking for a cheap option to be able to fire the Subtank. Honestly, the CF kinda sucks. I was thinking of going iStick 50w with a Subtank Pro, unless I can get some input. Nicotine isn't an issue, I only use either 0 or 2 mg of nicotine. I'm just about the flavor and blowing some nice clouds. I also noticed I like something that gives a warmer hit. My fiancée uses the Nautilus with a 20w iStick and seems fine, but I guess I would like a little more power. I'm thinking even the 30w iStick may suffice, but for the price, may as well go 50w. Any input?

I would stay away from iSticks all together, I've heard a lot of recent stories about them spontaneously combusting, that or firing off at max power at random which ends up blowing the device and whatever RDA/RTA is attached. Also, i'm just sticking with my mech mod for the foreseeable future. I now have some LG 20 amp batteries and i'm using a .3 ohm twisted 24 gauge coil and its just perfect.

MetalDestroyer

Heaven's Football Bat
Reaction score
I'm vaping on shocker by Cosmic Fog and loving it. Not my favorite (a colorado "energy drink" flavor) but a step above most juice I've tried.

Here's my favorite:
Coles E-Juice by Colorado E-Smokes
The flavor is called Pikes Peak. I can see the slight resemblance to Monster, but really it's just a good fruit flavor.

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
Finally leveled up to sub-ohm. I gotta say it's great. This joy tech has temp control gives me like huge clouds somehow it barely uses any juice and the battery only came 2/3 full and I chiefed this thing all day yesterday.

The tons of vapor thing is cool as a novelty but I kinda dunno if I like it so much I don't want to like dim the room just because I want to smoke lol. But whatever because it tastes and feels much better quality than my vaping experience on the Istick/nautilus setup I had going.

Tank and mod for 100 bucks, but the thing is heavy duty. Feels really well made.

But now I switched to max vg and 4mg nicotine so that it doesn't kill me. So I gotta get all new juice :/

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    870.9 KB · Views: 12

Toxic Dover

Reaction score
I've been a bit absent from the forums over the past few months and started vaping during that time - cool to find this thread and so many other vapers!

I think I have a bit of a vape gear issue (must come with the guitar player territory, haha). My current daily carry is a Sigelei 150W with a Mutation X v4 RDA, which typically stays between 65 and 70 watts. I also have an iStick 50W which sits on my desk without an atomizer and auto-fires all day long... I'm going to try to strip it down and clean it to see if that'll fix the autofiring problem, but if it doesn't it's bound for the trash. I've got a Plume Veil 1.5 RDA, a Tugboat v1 RDA, a Heimdall Black mech, I've got a copper SMPL mod on the way to me... ugh. It's been a fun hobby so far, though!

Anybody have any tank recommendations? I've been wanting to pick one up for a while now so I won't have to worry about trying to drip while driving down the road, haha. I've been looking at the Arctic, but I kind of want something with an RBA section so I don't have to keep buying pre-made coils for.

Forrest_H

How can she slap?
Reaction score
Update (without pics):

Got an IPV4 a month ago with the Turbo RDA, and jesus, am I happy with both. The Sigelei seemed to taper off in battery life half way through the day, whereas the IPV lasts me two days at 3.8 volts.

The Turbo is annoying with the fan, but it makes me want to vape less, which is good. Currently running at .2 ohms, vapes like a champ.

I'll post pics later :lol:

Alex Kenivel

Stunt Guitar
Reaction score
About to pull the trigger on a kanger sub tank and an istick. Been vaping my evic/protank 2 combo off and on for a few years now and I'm vaping more lately.

Anyone own any of these?

J-Fender7

The Son of Fender
Reaction score
Alex, I got a deal online for the same thing. I got a kanger subtank nano and a istick 30 watt. It is a clone, but man this thing is a trooper. I'm using the 1.2 ohm coil right now and its blowing some great clouds. I'm gonna try the .5 next time. But both are great and I keep recommending them to everyone. I'd say the only problems is for me the tank seems to go through drops pretty quick, but thats probably just me. Also ive noticed a lot of reviews bringing this same issue up, the istick sometimes has a volt drop every 5-6 hits. Sometimes it happens more often, and sometimes it doesn't happen for a good hour. Its not that bad of a problem, it can just be kind of annoying. Id say that its still an amazing setup though. I'm planning on upgrading to an authentic subtank mini and either an mvp 3.0 pro 60w box or the istick 50w.

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
My coworker has to keep 2 Isticks with him at work because they lose their charge fast doing sub ohm vaping. He is always charging one while using the other and constantly switching. Just saying. Sub ohm goes through a lot more battery and juice.

I'm pretty sure the joyetech evic-VT has one of the larger batteries of any mods out there. Btw

')