Any SSO Vapers? (Electronic-cigarettes)

• Thread starter will_shred
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Alex Kenivel

Stunt Guitar
Reaction score
Hmm, well I'm not getting a knockoff, and I'm getting the 50w istick. Usually I'm not free to vape everywhere I go (I have kids and am a teacher) so maybe the charge will be good enough for me. Thanks for the input. I'm really sick of the evic/pt2 combo making it look like a dildo in my pants.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
That eVic-VT is definitely not larger than an istick 50
I'm not trying to talk you into getting my vape I'm just saying I have a VT on my desk and I'm looking at my coworker next to me with an istick50. If mine is bigger it's marginal enough that I can't tell just by looking.

The only negative thing I've come to notice about the VT (so far) is that the coils are hit or miss. My first Ni coil went two weeks, I guess that's par for the course. Then I hated the Ti coil and ripped it out without using it a day. The next Ni coil only lasted a week. Running my 3rd coil now, and so far it's been great. I'd like to get a solid 2 weeks out of my coils though. I guess if I get a 1week-er now and then it's not the end of the world.

Alex Kenivel

Stunt Guitar
Reaction score
Well they came and they conquered. This thing is producing leaps and bounds of clouds over anything I've had so far. I'm using the .5 ohm coil and when it dies I'm looking forward to tinkering with the RBA. I've never rebuilt an atomizer before but Phil Busardo makes it look easy enough :yesway:

20150722_182653_zpspk4asqmu.jpg

and for comparison to my old rig:

20150722_182754_zpsvzf2nvxh.jpg

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
So I recently won a Kbox, and felt it appropriate to upgrade my tank to a Subtank Mini. Loving the tank, but making coils with the RBA is quite a learning process. But once you get it down, man oh man, is it some cloudy goodness.
I like the Kbox, but the 510 connector came loose pretty quickly. It still works but tastes burnt when going above 25w. The guy I won it from said he'd do a free fix, but he's unreliable with his shop hours. Honestly, I think once I get the Kbox fixed, I'm going see if I can sell it and get a 50w iStick . My fiancée is using the iStick/Subtank combo, and it dig it quite a bit. Plus it's nice having an ohm reader.
Anyway, pic:

Alex Kenivel

Stunt Guitar
Reaction score
Yeah so far I'm loving my sub tank, but my juice is pretty high nic content and I find I've gotta turn it down to like 14w and only hit the button for two seconds before I get a mouthful.

I've noticed that with sub ohm vaping you can REALLY taste the flavor of your juice. This could be a good thing and a bad thing. I'm super picky with flavors and find that a lot of them taste like I'm taking a bite out of the perfume section at Macy's. I've been vaping a certain kind of liquid that I like for a few months and even when I do, I water it down with some unflavored liquid.

Does anyone so a similar thing? I just bought some DIY liquid stuff and gonna try my hand at it.

Alex Kenivel

Stunt Guitar
Reaction score
Got my first wave of DIY liquid supplies today.

20150729_174201_zpskeg1wv6e.jpg

The Lemon, Peach, and Banana concentrates are from Capella. The mango is from FlavorArt and watermelon from Jungle. All the Capella flavors are natural.

So far I've mixed ~10% flavor ratio of the watermelon and wasn't a huge fan of the flavor (wife might like it, as I really got it for her).

Did the same for the peach and it's pretty good so far.

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
Sub ohm burns through juice a lot quicker. You can drop your nic level and still get the same amount of nicotine. I was using 12 nic but I dropped to 6 nic with my sub-ohm tank and I think I'm actually getting more nicotine than I was lol

BTW, I'm officially going to have to advise against the Joyetech eVic VT. The temperature control does not work properly. I went through 5 Ni200 coils in 5 days. I'll tell you what, when the Ni200 coil is working on TC mode, this thing is the best vaping experience I've had. Blows anything else out of the water. My Mod Fuel Raspberry Lemonade would make my mouth water while I vaped. But I don't have the patience or money to .... with the coil literally every day. It seems like some people get good ones, but my reading suggests that many of these mods/tanks out there are ....ing up TC mode

HOWEVER, it works just fine in variable wattage mode with kanthal coils. Works just like a good ol' iStick/Atlantis setup, which is a good setup. So actually it's still a really good mod because the battery is like twice as big as an istick even though the mod is no bigger. It's just a bummer that even though temperature control sub-ohm vaping is definitely the next big thing Joyetech is squirting out a bunch of duds.

Alex Kenivel

Stunt Guitar
Reaction score
Sucks about your evic. I too dropped to 6mg. The base I got for mixing flavors is at 6. Any higher and I can't direct lung inhale.

The mango flavor I got from flavour art is awesome and my favorite so far.

My wife's kanger subtank arrived and the .5 coil has no percieveable cotton and the side holes are larger than mine, but she says it works okay.

Looks like I'll be messing with the RBA sooner than I expected. Any tips for an RBA noob?

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
So that set up I put a picture up off? Gone. Walked into the mall with my fiancée and had it in my pocket. Left the mall, not there. It sucks. A lot. Currently using my mother in laws Nautilus and eLeaf 20w and... Not the same. At all. May just get a black Subkit when I get paid this week.

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
I also had my fiancées set up in my pocket. Hers decided to stay put. I still have an Aspire CF Mod so I'm debating just getting another Subtank now and waiting a bit to get a better mod. Although the Subkit in black does look pretty badass...

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
I just looked it up and the black one is pretty dang cool. However, I can definitely imagine that black drip tip getting some very very visible mouth crusties.

Do you guys get a lot of mouth crusties on your drip tip? I'm always scraping mine with my thumb nail. Considering that it makes my chrome finish drip tip look disgusting, I can only imagine that effect being amplified by infinity on a black drip tip

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
Never get crusties. Also, found the black Subtank online for 28 bucks, 3 bucks shipping. Definitely grabbing it. Also, my vape shop thinks I should invest in a mod that has temp control. Anyone have good experience with temp control mods? The website I found the black Subtank Had a Sigelei 75w for 60 bucks, which seems like a hell of a deal.

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
I was just talking about my new temp control mod, Joyetech eVic VT.

Temp control with nickel wire is where it's at. The taste is better, it's all warm and fuzzy in a way that I've never experienced with your classic VW sub-ohm vape setup.
However, the eVic VT is not where it's at. Constant malfunction in VT mode. I was burning through a coil a day--that being said, when the coil and mod are working good they're working better than anything. But I had to constantly .... with it.

So I'm saying: Yes, definitely look into some temp control vaping. But don't get the joyetech.

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
I pulled the trigger on the black Subtank. Think I'm going to do the Sigrelei when I get my bonus in one of my next two paychecks.

Alex Kenivel

Stunt Guitar
Reaction score
I didn't notice the different colors until after my chrome one arrived. My wife has the white and it looks super awesome in person. I don't get crusties, but plenty of condensation inside the drip tip.

And I finally tinkered with the RBA. Easy as pie. My liquid making endeavors are also tasting very well!

MetalDestroyer

Heaven's Football Bat
Reaction score
Anyone here just not feeling the whole vape community anymore? I've pretty much put my dripper and mech mod aside and have only been using my ego twist with my atlantis for the last few months. I went into a shop to get more coils for the atlantis and the guy tried to sell me a regulated mod and sub ohm tank for daily use. Am I the only one that finds that ridiculous? I'm just trying to get nicotine on the go without cigarettes, not blow a ten foot cloud in everyone's face walking down the street.

/rant

Kidneythief

Reaction score
^
Agree, everywhere I look or go, it is all about who is using what kind of device, coils, who can vape bigger, who can build better, and it is loosing the sence of "community" where you just sit down, puff-around and just chill.

I'm using Joytechs eGo One, and I'm satisfied with it. Not to sound like an advertisement, but for me it does the trick.
I started first with a very basic Aspire tank, and upgraded from there after 3 months to the eGo one. Haven't looked back since. Nic level is now 6, but I'm trying to pull of with no nicotine at all in the end.
Haven't touched a cig since I started vaping about 5 months ago, wich is a big step for me, and I couldn't be happier (the missus enjoys it too, that I don't smell and taste like an ashtray) :)

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
Anyone here just not feeling the whole vape community anymore? I've pretty much put my dripper and mech mod aside and have only been using my ego twist with my atlantis for the last few months. I went into a shop to get more coils for the atlantis and the guy tried to sell me a regulated mod and sub ohm tank for daily use. Am I the only one that finds that ridiculous? I'm just trying to get nicotine on the go without cigarettes, not blow a ten foot cloud in everyone's face walking down the street.

/rant
Well, I mean, in vapestoreman's defense, a pretty basic setup like the ego one kit is 50 bucks, and those kanger subkits dudeman just bought are only doing 70. In the end it's like a 20 dollar difference for a large array of options that could potentially improve your vaping experience.

I get that we're just trying to kick the habit. But even when I smoked I'd pay the extra buck for camels instead of getting some cheapo cigarettes.

Carver

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
Reaction score
i use a robot wang, they are pretty good and seem to keep me from hackin butts. Mine is nothing special but it works. I use an Istick30w as a power supply and i forget the name of the tank i use, but its a beast and flows really well.

anyway. like it matters.

')