Any SSO Vapers? (Electronic-cigarettes)

• Thread starter will_shred
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

cheosamad21

That kid with the 7
Reaction score
Picked up this new AR 031 Clone from a local shop today for a good deal.
My Flawless Tugboat Mod/RDA combo should arrive in the mail either today or tomorrow depending on USPS doing their job haha.

12006081_1464412143887920_1433280240887925350_n.jpg

tug_splatter_30693.1423875545.1280.1280__25145.1439337153.600.600.png

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
So ended up with a set up of a black Subtank Mini, and an iStick 40TC. The mod is neat and the temperature control is pretty cool, but man... battery life leaves something to be desired. But the setup will do for now.

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
I just picked up a Uwell Crown. It doesn't give me as full of flavor as the joyetech ego one mega I was using before, but also that tank would .... up constantly. At least the crown is being very consistent. Maybe if I raised the firing wattage (I'm using TC mode) on my mod it would be better... but it's the coil is at the same resistance as was the coil my other tank so why would I need to do that? But also what can it hurt since it's in TC mode? I bet it's airflow related, because this thing can be set so that you're practically breathing like you would through your own mouth. Also it's top-fill instead of bottom, so I'm pretty friggin stoked about that.

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
So the other day I was at the vape shop and they had testers and the testers were mech mods. I had never used one before, but man was it awesome. It makes me think that I want to get a mech mod? Building coils seems intimidating but...

So, any recommendations? I know these things have a humongous range in price, from stingray's for 50 bucks to one's that essentially look exactly like stingrays but cost 350 bucks.... but I was under the impression that electronically they're a pretty simple thing. Why would one be worth more than another? Branding alone?

So yeah, what's your experience with a stingray?

***also, update on Uwell Crown. I put the VW up to 50 and then it would fire realllll nice in TC mode. But that coil burnt out after a week. Now I'm using a .25 ohm ss dual coil and it kinda sucks, not enough flavor even firing at 50w.
I was kinda hoping that getting a primo tank would make vaping as awesome as it can be. But honestly the cheapo drop tip setup at the vape shop was better. Maybe I should have been spending my money on mech mods all along? But then again, you can't beat the convenience of a tank when it comes to daily vaping needs... and a battery life marker... usb charger... I guess there are a lot of advantages really. Except for the taste, huh.

AngstRiddenDreams

Filthy Casual
Reaction score
IMO it's branding and aesthetics. I would spend more money on a regulated box like the Sigelei I just bought. Building coils is easy as hell. Pick up a set of jewelers tools, small side cutters, needle nose pliers, bag of cotton balls from any pharmacy and some wire. I like 22 gauge kanthal for my RDA's as it is easy to build from .1-.3 with. Would not reccomend goig under .2 unless you are running a dual battery set up. While a single 186650 will fire .1, its dangerous as the battery vents a lot.
24-26 gauge is perfect for rebuildable base/tank atties.
Also be sure to get a battery charger that turns itself off when the batteries are full
That should be all you need!

TechDeathWannabe

Reaction score
Please withhold from any judgment, but long post incoming.

To the best of my understanding, MS doesn't have a legal minimum age to possess/use e-cigs, they do, of course, have a minimum age to purchase, which is 18.
I will be 18 next month.

I don't smoke, and I love the aesthetics and appeal of pipe smoking, aside from the still-present health concerns, -and I'd be less worried, but a friend of mine only smokes pipes, and coughs as bad as my parents, who have smoked cigarettes for over a decade.- as an alternative, I'm looking into nicotine-free vaping, and to avoid any unnecessary sh*t, mentioned it to my dad. Of course, he doesn't really like the idea, but he was okay with it when we talked, our concern is that my mom will flip out.
(For clarity, I still live with my parents. Had an almost-addiction to nicotine from being around smokers all the time, and got past that, but I still love the smell of tobacco, and in theory, 0-nic vaping would be a safe way to still have that smell, and yes, I'm also curious. If I were turning 21, people would encourage me to drink, I don't see how it's fair to judge an 18 year old for wanting to vape or smoke. Anyways.)

The actual question here, yeah, I'll be 18, and won't need their consent to purchase e-cigs or juice, or even to use them. But, I'd rather not be disrespectful, or come across as having a "Fvck you" attitude towards them. Any suggestions on approaching them about vaping, now that I am getting closer to legal purchasing age?

Alternatively, with my dad being fine with it, (not happy, but not mad or judgmental,) do you think I even need to worry about asking them, and that I'd be fine to just buy a basic kit/setup, and go from there?

E-cig forums require that I be 18 already, so I can't really go there to ask, sorry for the Annoying Little Kid question

Kidneythief

Reaction score
Hello fellow vapers,
I want to ask you guys a big favour, and sorry if this will be a little long.

In my country Hungary, the goverment proposed a new law, wich will make the life of vapers harder then it is.
While I agree with points, that vaping would be prohobited (like cigarettes) in areas like: hospitals, schools, goverment buildings etc. there are other points, that just "scream", that they want to cut us off and just make our life miserable.

Backstory:
In Hungary you can only get cigarettes, in designated stores...called "National Tobacco Store". Off-course people could only open such a store, if they obtained the permit for it. Guess who got the permits? People who were sucking up to the reigning party Fidesz ("right-winged" christian thieves). Also the taxing is insane for tobacco here, so that means, that the gov. is winning a lot of money on this.

Present:
So over the last years more and more people started to switch to vaping, wich meant that they started to notice, that they are getting less and less money from that taxation area (Tobacco, cigarettes etc).
Solution?

Prohibition of selling e-juice, and devices via internet.
No advertising of decives, or juices.
You can only sell devices, and e-juice kinds if you "announce" it towards the appropriate goverment branch. Minimum 6 months before you plan to put it in store.
IF (and here comes the mind....) you already own a permit for a "National Tobacco Store", you are free to sell any juice and device that you want (yeah...like a retard who doesn't know anything will be able to give advices to anyone who wants to buy a device and start vaping. They will most likely tell them to buy the most expensive device because why not).

These lovely people announced this proposal on Monday (19th October), and the time anyone can "react" to it was set for... 22nd October...wich is tomorrow...
This new law would take effect from 2016 May...but still it is unbelievable, that they are doing this to us. They are not even considering, that vaping might help people to quit cigarettes. (Right...because they are losing money because of this)

Please help us by signing a petition. The people who wrote it want to propose a "sit-down" with the goverment, and to talk over the things, so we might be able to save our right to vape, and our right to vape what we want. Not some goverment regulated stuff....

I tried to sum up the hungarian text, but the signing part will be in English.
Thank you!

https://www.change.org/p/magyarorsz...m_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=fb_send_dialog

Last edited:

Bloodshredder

Reaction score
I still smopke regular cigarettes, but mostly i use my Innokin Itaste 134.

....... the tabacco-lobby :-(

Action

Reaction score
IMO it's branding and aesthetics. I would spend more money on a regulated box like the Sigelei I just bought. Building coils is easy as hell. Pick up a set of jewelers tools, small side cutters, needle nose pliers, bag of cotton balls from any pharmacy and some wire. I like 22 gauge kanthal for my RDA's as it is easy to build from .1-.3 with. Would not reccomend goig under .2 unless you are running a dual battery set up. While a single 186650 will fire .1, its dangerous as the battery vents a lot.
24-26 gauge is perfect for rebuildable base/tank atties.
Also be sure to get a battery charger that turns itself off when the batteries are full
That should be all you need!

I agree with this. I've moved entirely to regulated boxes that I can put my own cells in. When the cells get weak after a few hundred recharges, i replace the cells for cheap. No recharge wait, because I always have externally charged spare cells ready to go.

My opinion of current landscape: online in the US you can get acceptable one- and two-battery regulated devices for under $40. Even many of the nicer ones can be had for under $80. Quality battery cells, like the light blue 25A's, are $7 per. A quality charger, like a nitecore or an xtar, is $20-30. years worth of kanthal can be acquired for $20; a year of acceptable wicking cotton for $10. great atomizers are often only $20-30 each. Pure mechs, while beautiful, are more trouble than they're worth and should be considered obsolete technology because they lack serious safety features and safeguards that any regulated box offers. The box is practically foolproof because it won't let you do one of several dangerous things that a mechanical device will :)

It's not very hard to roll your own coils and wicks, but you need the will and the time to learn and practice and experience and adjust, which not everyone has. If you like to tinker with your guitars and set them up yourself, you'll love this. If you always take your instruments to techs, well, all the battery advice still applies, but just stick with disposable-coil atomizers for now, for convenience. There are plenty of tank solutions these days with disposable coils/wicks that just screw in that can actually run at high power, with lung airflow, and thus make a respectable cloud, if that's your aim. Having the battery power to drive it is the main consideration. If you're gonna vape above 40 watts then a two-cell box is just the smart move.

Alex Kenivel

Stunt Guitar
Reaction score
sorry for the Annoying Little Kid question

First of all, this question is valid as well as challenging, as a father and a vapor. I wouldn't advise anyone, especially a person not of age, to "take up smoking".

In your case, in a smoking family, vaping might just be your lifesaver, or it might not, who really knows.

But once your 18, you're free to do what you'd like, of course..

As long as you can be respectable and non emotional when talking to them (parents) about it, I'm sure a conversation comparing vaping to smoking would be a great start. I'd personally get a kit first, then come at them with it, but that's just me

TechDeathWannabe

Reaction score
First of all, this question is valid as well as challenging, as a father and a vapor. I wouldn't advise anyone, especially a person not of age, to "take up smoking".

In your case, in a smoking family, vaping might just be your lifesaver, or it might not, who really knows.

But once your 18, you're free to do what you'd like, of course..

As long as you can be respectable and non emotional when talking to them (parents) about it, I'm sure a conversation comparing vaping to smoking would be a great start. I'd personally get a kit first, then come at them with it, but that's just me

Part, and dare I say most, of why he was fine with it (when we last talked,) was because he didn't want me smoking either. And as mentioned, but in his words, I'm "damn near being a grown-ass man", or in my words, I'm getting old enough that I wanna make my own decisions, and if I fvck up, I wanna learn from it. Or simply as can be said, I'm almost 18.

And yeah, growing up around smokers/smoking, at first I hated it, and was a judgmental little sh*t in my head, (supposedly I was respectful about it outwardly, but I don't remember, anyways), because my parents always told me it was bad. Then I found out that they smoked. :lol:

And, over the course of being around it more, (and I dunno, maybe three years?), I began to like the smell, and that didn't end up too well, felt like I was addicted to secondhand smoke, and felt guilty as hell, but then just kinda accepted it, and started intentionally avoiding it. That helped a lot. But, the urge is still there when I'm around smokers. Not so much an urge, but like this subconscious "breathe it in, relax"..

Anyways, I'm rambling about crap you guys have more experience with, and probably are more familiar with than I am. :ugh:

Thank you, Alex, for a genuine reply, and not flaming me because "You underage punks are killing vaping! You're the reason society thinks it's evil and dangerous!"/etc. Aside from maybe the compare/contrast conversation, the more I'm thinking about it, the more I'm agreeing with your suggestion, again, thank you.
*positive rep if it were still around*

(Only doubt the conversation because I feel like they'd accuse me of being manipulative, and not understanding what I'm doing, and just trying to be "cool". Well, mainly my mom, because she's already scared/nervous that I'm almost 18, and already have plans for a wedding sometime down the line, but that'd belong in a different thread.)

MetalDestroyer

Heaven's Football Bat
Reaction score
Techdeathwannabe, I wish you wouldn't. I started like you when I turned 18 and it led (through peer influence admittedly) to me taking up smoking. Now I need the ecig to control my habit and trust me, it's much less fun when you don't have the choice of not buying ejuice every week. Not to imply that you're as weak as I am, but seriously consider your options. Don't do it because it's cool.

TechDeathWannabe

Reaction score
Thank you for your concern :)

It is something I've gone back-and-forth on a lot, and I do think about the health risks, (though I can't find many for nonsmokers who vape nicotine-free. I'm sure they exist, somewhere, but I haven't found any credible information beyond "it could lead to ...") and I won't deny that it could lead to smoking, if it got out of control.
I will say, though, I tried smoking tea once, after a few months of searching as much as I could, and deciding "Eh, I shouldn't become addicted. I already drink it like crazy, so if I do, I'll have a source other than this." And bleck, it was too harsh on my throat for me to want to continue. This was due to a crappy "filter", and catching what felt like ash. But nevertheless it helped me decide that I didn't wanna smoke.

Will vaping do that? I don't know. I can legally light up a tea bag, no matter my age. I can't legally purchase a PV, nor will I ask someone to buy one for me, which is technically illegal.
(Point being, I can't try it yet, so I don't know. I could try the tea, and I learned from it.)

Please realize I'm not trying to discount your warning/experience though. I'm sure I'll run into peers who would try and switch me to smoking, but currently, all of my friends/peers who know I have an interest, would rather I vape than smoke, and would feel free to call me an idiot if I got into smoking. (Granted, that's like three people. Plus one who isn't a peer, but he's like an older brother.) And can that change? Yes. But for now I feel like it's a safe thing to try.

Plus, I still have a month to reconsider before it's even a possibility. Don't get too worried ;)

AngstRiddenDreams

Filthy Casual
Reaction score
If you guys haven't tried the Juicy Ohm's line of juices yet you need to. The Ohmother is my favorite juice (honeydew+apple, ridiculously flavorful), Ohm Sweet Ohm is great too (fruit loops+lemon) Wacky Pony is my #2 (tropical clusterfvck)

TechDeathWannabe

Reaction score
:lol: The irony

*poster 1:
"It's a trap!"

*poster 2, not long after:
"Guys, you should try this!"

On topic though, for a basic starter setup, 0 nicotine, where would you guys suggest I look? A store near me sells 0-nic e-hookahs, and I'm not super excited about the idea of disposables, but that seems like a cheaper/less risky way to have a start. On the other hand, I'd rather something more longterm, and my main preference is a pipe mod, *Limelight Mechanics is where I'm finding the most like what I'm wanting, without going over $150* but if I try it, and somehow don't like it, I just spent $130 on a pipe I'll never use, and best option would be to give it away.

Plus, that's all the way from Serbia. And as stated, ~$130.. The disposables mentioned above are $10, it's just a case of getting out there and not sneaking around.

Opinions?

Alex Kenivel

Stunt Guitar
Reaction score

Well this is the general vaping thread.. So there's bound to be some crosstalk.

I've never tried an E pipe. Those look cool but I'm about function over form, personally. Look up some reviews on YT.

I'd say try a Subtank kit. At about 60 bucks, you won't take much of a loss if you don't like it.

AngstRiddenDreams

Filthy Casual
Reaction score
Sorry TechDeath, I honestly hadn't even read your posts. I was just trying to turn people on to some good juice.
But yeah, don't start vaping just because everyone in your family smokes. Or if you do at least stick to 0 mg nicotine. There's nothing cool about having a stimulant addiction. The euphoria wears off fast and then you're left with a craving, hooray!
I was stupid and started smoking with my friends in high school and now I mostly vape and have cut back from a pack a day habit to 1 in the morning with coffee then vape the remainder of the day.
I wouldn't recommend a disposable unit. They suck as far as flavor and vapor production and they hardly last a day. It's an initial investment but I'd suggest just getting a rechargeable pen style with a decent tank (any ego style battery with a kanger protank). If you want something even better a 30w iStick eLeaf and Kanger subtank will run you around 70$ from Mt. Baker Vapor. Not much more to be desired from a tank than that set up will give you. You'll be looking at 50$ but it's considerably cheaper in the long run and you're also not creating excessive waste.

TechDeathWannabe

Reaction score
^I only intend to vape nicotine-free. :)
And it's more that I like the idea of puffing clouds, and I've liked pipes for ages. Not so much because most of my family smokes.
(I blame Gandalf/LotR/Narnia, and classic literature authors in general.)
Vaping = pipe - (tar + lung cancer risk + nicotine + fuzzy tongue × everything tastes like tobacco) + more flavor variety
^to make a math problem out of it. ;)
And yeah, that's a bit fantasized, but for sake of a joke I think it's okay.

Moreover, no problem :)
It was a smile during an otherwise stressful day, thank you :)

The pipes from Limelight get good reviews, I was largely hoping someone on here had tried them, and forgot to share in this thread. Thanks anyway. :)
(Searched through all 19 -at the time- pages a few months ago, and the closest was a pipe mod Forrest_H had tried, but no review.)

I could get a cheap pipe mod for $40-70, also with good reviews, but it's not real wood, and as stated, they are cheap. The reviews were based on price and novelty, not comparing them to more adequate mods such as Pipesmith, Zepipes, Limelight Mechanics, or EPipeMods, to name a few. Zepipes are actually analog pipes converted to vaporizers. :cool:

*back on topic*
If/since those setups are pretty good in your opinions and experience, I will probably look into those, esepcially since I can safely assume, based on your comments, that they'll be better than any "El Cheapo" pipes.
Thanks guys! :)

Perhaps I'll be here a bit more between Thanksgiving and Christmas, depending on how it goes, asking for juice recommendations. ;)

AngstRiddenDreams

Filthy Casual
Reaction score
Honestly I have no idea about the quality of pipe style mods. I get that you like the aesthetic but do you know what type of atomizers and batteries they use? That's quite important if you want to blow clouds. you'd be best off just getting a box mod and RDA for clouds

')