Any SSO Vapers? (Electronic-cigarettes)

• Thread starter will_shred
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
Signed. F///in Washington DC, always under the thumb of corporations.

In other news...

I've been rockin a gemini RTA recently, and though it's pretty complicated, it's a pretty cool deal. Gemini RTA has
-velocity deck, considered by most to be the easiest deck to build dual coils
-top air flow
-wide bore drop tip or 510 converter and drop tip
-you can close the juice ports into the coil chamber to prevent leaking when you
-top fill

Took me a while to figure out how to wick it good. But it's mean now.

I'm going on a trip in a couple weeks to Japan. I don't want to bring my gemini rta because if something goes wrong with it I might need all my tools etc. So I finally got an aspire brand tank, the Cleito. It was only 18 bucks on vapenw. Very few parts, only a drip tip, top cap, glass, bottom air flow control. The entire chimney/center part which connects the top with the bottom IS the coil. I thought with something so simple, and a brand so widely sold, I don't see how anything could go screwy and if the coil dies I can carry a sealed replacement in my pocket (read: my wife's purse)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
Anybody try the Griffin RBA? My buddy just got one and seems like a godsend for him.

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
It's my understanding that the Gemini and the Griffin are almost the same thing with a few very slight differences. In an ironic twist, the Gemini, despite having a better design which includes top airflow, post airflow (first time I've ever seen or heard of it), and larger juice holes, overall better airflow... is of poorer quality build than the Griffin, which does not have top airflow or post airflow and has smaller wicking holes.
Then again, the Gemini is actually cheaper, so I guess it makes sense that it's "cheaper".

I will say this, even with the Gemini's larger wicking holes all the way open, if I chain vape on this thing for too many pulls in a row without setting it down I'll get a burnt-ish one (edit: I just rewicked and this is no longer happening. It's all about the wicking). So I can't imagine smaller juice holes helping that situation. But then again, there is a ring which pinches off the wick (and the RTA will leak if it is not in place). So maybe the juice holes don't matter as much as the diameter of the opening made by the wick ring and the deck.

All in all, the Gemini RTA is definitely the best tank I've had yet. If it broke I'd get another one, not a griffin. Just because I'm all about airflow. I keep the top airflow and bottom all the way open.

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
3 years without tobacco on the 1st of June. Currently rocking a provari 2 +Taifun GT Air. The taifun was expensive but well worth it.

WhiskeyPickleJake

Reaction score
I was never a smoker but got pulled in by the amazing flavors available for drippers (or high end rta's).

After vaping at 0mg and 3mg, I've pretty much stopped. It's purely a luxury item for me and I don't see much point in getting addicted to nicotine just so I can skip my morning coffe to jump start the old system.

Edit: but still, try Nate's Nectar from Keystone! It's my all time fav.

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
I would like to update my feelings about the gemini

Recently, I don't even use this tank anymore. And I don't really use my RDA anymore. Why, you might ask? Because you constantly have to f/// with them.

I was using a Uwell crown for a while, and I thought it was amazing. Then I got a tfv4 micro, and I thought that was more amazing. Only, it rapidly burns out coils within 2 days. So I got the RBA deck for the tfv4 micro, and I thought "This is even better than a regular tfv4 coil", only it's soooooo tiny, very difficult to build on.
My thought processes goes: Well, if tfv4 micro + RBA deck is the best, but it's too tiny to build on, I should get an RTA that's easy to build on.

So I did, the gemini, and it is quite easy to build on, and I loved it, and I raved about it on here a few posts above.

Then I went on a trip and didn't want to bring my build gear, so I got an Apire cleito. I thought it was pretty good, but it didn't hit as good as the build I had going in my gemini.

So I come back from my trip thinking "yeah man I'mma get back on this gemini!" only to find a huge leaky mess. I guess because I've let it sit for a week or two? I open it up to see whats the deal, can't really find anything amiss, fill it back up and fire it and it tastes like poop.

And that is it's present condition! Why, you ask? Because the degree to which an RTA gives a better quality vaping experience as compared to a sub-ohm tank doesn't justify it's use, to me, the reason being that sub-ohm tanks with pre-built coils are more convenient.

but vilk, that's what everyone has always said all along

yeah, I guess I should have known, but I thought they just meant it's convenient because you don't have to build the coil. I was somehow under the impression that if you built your own coil well, it would be less BS than dealing with pre-made coils which constantly leak or get gummed up or burn themselves out etc, because you could easily rip out the cotton clean the coil and rewick and never spend money again. But that's just not true. At least, my gemini RTA constantly had things going wrong with it, and was MORE hassle than a sub-ohm tank that uses premade coils. And even if stuff didn't go wrong I felt I needed to clean and rewick at least once a week, which isn't any better than replacing coils as those usually get me 2 weeks.

So now my Cleito is my main rig. It's not the best vape experience I've ever had in my life, but it gives me ZERO issues EVER, and that's worth the difference.

Now I want to pick up a Plato. It's like a mod that contains the cleito tank inside it (only slightly redesigned and called a plato). I don't even need it. I'm just addicted to buying vape gear. I've got 2 good sub-ohm tanks, 2 good mods, a good RDA, and a good RTA, as well as a couple stick type vapes for stealth. What is wrong with me. Help.
edit: I didn't buy one. I went to the shop and looked at it and realized that holding the mod that close to my face is weird. I like the concept of a tank inside the mod, but physically it's not as natural feeling as having a proper tank to create some distance between your mouth and your hand.

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
lol, I bought the Aspire Plato. It's really dope. It's not as weird to hold it by your face as I thought it would be. But I was able to sell my smok mod/crown tank to my buddy who had an old Innokin MVP/aerotank mini as his main rig, so in my book that like totally justifies my entire life.

Everyone pitches the cleito and the plato as having the same coils. The coils are similar, sure, but the plato hits totally different from my cleito. Airflow is way more open on the cleito than the plato, but then again the plato only goes to up to 50w so you don't need to burn it so hot without having as much air pass over the coil.

So yeah, they are marketed all over as the same, the guy at the shop says they're the same... they're not the same. But they're both very cool. The plato is so compact though, it's literally the same as keeping a pack of smokes in your pocket. And none of the buttons jiggle. And paying 47 bucks for a new mod with 18650 and tank included is a sweet deal as far as I'm concerned. Also, apparently if you're into the mouth to lung type vaping that is not sub-ohm, the plato can use triton mini coils and nautilus coils. Cleito can only use cleito coils.

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
Just in case any of us were wondering who the FDA works for

https://www.vapes.com/blogs/news/au...regulations-vaping-braces-for-industry-freeze

People are making a big deal about it...

But I always use the same juice. And, I think the current products out right now are really great. I can't really see this affecting me that much... that is, unless these million dollar application processes are going to be seen in the cost of e-liquid.

It's important to keep tabs on the companies who make products that are for human consumption, and I think that applies to the e-cig industry as well. I just don't see the point in arbitrarily inflating the price of applying to do stuff.

Science_Penguin

Reaction score
It's most definitely going to have an effect on my favourite shop which doubles as a vaping lounge... Also means I'm gonna have to buy brand-name juice instead of the in-store mixes, which I don't mind, but that takes some of the fun out of it...

Oh, but I see the point of arbitrarily inflating the application price... Doesn't take much imagination to see what they're doing there...

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
Recently I've been making my way through the different economy ejuice brands

Mt. Baker has sucked every time I got it recently. Like 2 years ago it was good, I swear, but now it's consistantly terrible. idk man.

vaporfi sucks

mechsauce sucks, but they carry some other economy brands that are 10$ for 30ml that are decent. I got a mojito margarita one that was aight. I figure 10$ for 30ml is a happy medium between premium and dirt cheap

Speaking of, dirtcheapejuice sucks. No matter what flavor you get it tastes like jungle juice.

eliquiddepot doesn't suck, but it's also not amazing. I mean to say, the quality is good, but I wasn't feeling the flavor. Which is better than the alternative of bad quality--by this I mean that it hurts my throat or doesn't feel pleasant on your bronchii or whatever. Eliquiddepot felt good to vape. I intend to reorder from them, I just gotta decide a flavor, which I'm the worst at.

Presently most of my ejuice is purchased from vapenw.com using discount coupons or from the clearance section. I just scored 5 bottles of premium juice for 10 bucks each.

In other news: I've completely given up on tanks. F///'em. I've been through so many, and something always goes wrong eventually. Or some aspect of them is impossible to clean (as was with the Plato). Coils that bleed too easy and flood. Chimneys too narrow that make you drink juice. I've tried every major brand, every coil metal, cotton, ceramic, they're just...

not an RDA, I guess. Idk why I expected them to be. But if I ever talk about getting another sub-ohm tank, remind me that I've said I am going RDA or bust from here on out. I figured a way to wick them so that I can drag on it for a good 5 minutes before running out of juice. This way it sort of acts to regulate how much juice I use, and it stops me from being one of those human steam engine type people that just puffs clouds every hour of every day. With an RDA, a vape sesh lasts about as long as a cigarette. Putting 15-20 drops in your RDA isn't any more annoying than rolling a cigarette, which I used to do. And then once you've vaped up your juice so that the cottons a little white, there's nothing left to leak in your pocket!

Right now I've just gotten an RDA called the Vulcan. It has hand screws for the connections, which I think is great, because I hate using the allen key on my velocity rda. Also it's silent; definitely the quietest vape by a wide margin compared to anything else I've used. On the other hand, you cannot adjust the airflow. Having said that, the airflow is perfect.

watson503

Los Cochinos
Reaction score
Recently I've been making my way through the different economy ejuice brands

Mt. Baker has sucked every time I got it recently. Like 2 years ago it was good, I swear, but now it's consistantly terrible. idk man.

vaporfi sucks

mechsauce sucks, but they carry some other economy brands that are 10$ for 30ml that are decent. I got a mojito margarita one that was aight. I figure 10$ for 30ml is a happy medium between premium and dirt cheap

Speaking of, dirtcheapejuice sucks. No matter what flavor you get it tastes like jungle juice.

eliquiddepot doesn't suck, but it's also not amazing. I mean to say, the quality is good, but I wasn't feeling the flavor. Which is better than the alternative of bad quality--by this I mean that it hurts my throat or doesn't feel pleasant on your bronchii or whatever. Eliquiddepot felt good to vape. I intend to reorder from them, I just gotta decide a flavor, which I'm the worst at.

Presently most of my ejuice is purchased from vapenw.com using discount coupons or from the clearance section. I just scored 5 bottles of premium juice for 10 bucks each.

In other news: I've completely given up on tanks. F///'em. I've been through so many, and something always goes wrong eventually. Or some aspect of them is impossible to clean (as was with the Plato). Coils that bleed too easy and flood. Chimneys too narrow that make you drink juice. I've tried every major brand, every coil metal, cotton, ceramic, they're just...

not an RDA, I guess. Idk why I expected them to be. But if I ever talk about getting another sub-ohm tank, remind me that I've said I am going RDA or bust from here on out. I figured a way to wick them so that I can drag on it for a good 5 minutes before running out of juice. This way it sort of acts to regulate how much juice I use, and it stops me from being one of those human steam engine type people that just puffs clouds every hour of every day. With an RDA, a vape sesh lasts about as long as a cigarette. Putting 15-20 drops in your RDA isn't any more annoying than rolling a cigarette, which I used to do. And then once you've vaped up your juice so that the cottons a little white, there's nothing left to leak in your pocket!

Right now I've just gotten an RDA called the Vulcan. It has hand screws for the connections, which I think is great, because I hate using the allen key on my velocity rda. Also it's silent; definitely the quietest vape by a wide margin compared to anything else I've used. On the other hand, you cannot adjust the airflow. Having said that, the airflow is perfect.

Man, I had been buying from Mt Baker for the longest and feel the same, broke-down and bought from VapeWild this time - I had used them once before and wasn't too impressed with their juice at the time but they did throw-in a few 10ml samples...this time the juice wasn't half bad and they threw-in 3 10ml samples which was cool. VaporFi totally blows, I'll have to check-out eliquiddepot next order.

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
I just ordered from a site today called Verde Valley Vapes. 8 bucks for 30 ml, but it looks like if you spend 25 dollars they'll give you 100ml for free? That's a crazy good deal--but I don't want to get stuck with 300ml of bad juice. So I stuck with two 30ml tubes, I'll let everyone know what I think.

Action

Reaction score

It looks like you've tried a lot of the places I have, and found the same results as I have, including some goodies in vapenw's clearance bin.

I found a company this summer called blue dot vapors, and that's what i've been using. a lot of the flavors are better than decent, and it's $18 for 100ml, and they give a further discount on every order after the first. they sell sample packs, free shipping on all but the smallest of orders, etc. the caveat is that it is made fresh to order and tastes better aged a week or two. this stuff is the first budget juice i've ever gotten that arrives tasting good and tastes even better after a short time. so refreshing, can't tell you how many times i'd try two big bottles from some company and they'd arrive tasting bad and cheap, and not improve at all with age.

the ecigs subreddit is how i found them, btw. over there, they poll their members about the best juice companies at various price ranges and categories. i saw this place as one of their picks for best budget juice, gave it a try, and i now trust reddit.

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
I'll check that out after I burn through my V^3 order! I know exactly what you mean about fresh juice being crappy.

It looks like Blue Dot has a whole section called "pre-steeped"!

BrailleDecibel

Member Of The 27" Club
Reaction score
Just got myself a Sigelei 150w setup and some homemade juice from the shop here in town that tastes like Cocoa Puffs...good stuff! Kinda new to the game, so I'm open to suggestions...any flavors I should try, websites I should visit, etc.?

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
Update on those Verde Valley Vapes juice
I like it! I got the red bull flavor and the root beer flavor, and they're both good.
I'm going to check out blue dot next, but if that doesn't work out I feel that I might go on back to V^3

Yeah, it's not as good as 22 dollar Mod Fuel. But I can't be blowing all my cash on mod fuel.

AngstRiddenDreams

Filthy Casual
Reaction score
For whomever asked about the Geek Vape Griffin. I had exclusively used RBA': prior to owning this tank. I had owned rebuildable tanks prior to this but never liked them. The griffin is incredible. It has a finicky wick set up but if you look on YouTube or just ask me you can figure out how to wick it perfectly. Never leaks, no dry hits at 80W with .25 ohm coil. Deck has plenty of room. Love love love it.
Also, due to the coming FDA ban I would highly recommend everyone look into revuildable gear and invest in plenty of wire and cotton. When the two year approval period sets in you may find it impossible to get pre made coils, effectively making it impossible to vape unless you have a rebuildable setup.

AngstRiddenDreams

Filthy Casual
Reaction score
Also I stil defend Mt.Baker Vapor'a juice. Thug Juice, Hawk Sauce, Blue Moo, Spew are all great flavors that I can't do without.

')