Any SSO Vapers? (Electronic-cigarettes)

• Thread starter will_shred
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ittoa666

Being confused on SS.org since 2008
Reaction score
Finally got around to picking up a TFV-8 yesterday. Slapped it onto my sigeliei 213 and it works pretty well. Got it in gold just to match. I would strongly suggest getting one if you like tanks.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
Why hold a huge, fugly square when you can have a slim, smooth robot p*nis?

IMG_20161230_202418539.jpg

It's the wismec vincino. A single 18650 slightly regulated mod. It's unregulated in that the battery level dictates how hard it fires, much like a mech mod; however, it has a chip that protects from the different sh/t that makes mech mods blow up, and you can charge it with a USB, and turn it off.

IMG_20161231_232951490.jpg

Looks cool with my Vulcan RDA. Btw, this is the most silent RDA I've found. Doesn't make a sound.

watson503

Los Cochinos
Reaction score
Why hold a huge, fugly square when you can have a slim, smooth robot p*nis?

lmfao! My gf got me an Aspire K4 for Christmas, the past 2-some years I'd been using an e-Go basic set-up, I vape as an alternative to smoking so they always served their purpose but I've been digging the hell out of the K4. I've also been ordering through verdevalleyvapes after the rec in this thread and been more than pleased with them - the specials they run are pretty sick.

Action

Reaction score
It's the wismec vincino. A single 18650 slightly regulated mod. It's unregulated in that the battery level dictates how hard it fires, much like a mech mod; however, it has a chip that protects from the different sh/t that makes mech mods blow up, and you can charge it with a USB, and turn it off.

As much as mechs seem like a step backwards from regulated mods to me, this is hella cool and I didn't know these existed. This is what a mech should be! This product coming out 5yrs ago would have changed the game so much, hah. If I ever use a one cell unit again I'll try something like this. I like the build quality and ergonomics of my wismec RX2/3 fwiw, i use it with 2 cells and an external 18650 charger.

will_shred

Wannabe audio engineer
Reaction score
I haven't habitually used nicotine in over a year, I smoke cigs at shows sometimes but i'm probably going to stop that.

AngstRiddenDreams

Filthy Casual
Reaction score
I've actually gotten into mech's lately, I also work at a vape shop now.
My current setups are a SIMPL Clone with a Geek Vape Tsunami, Joyetech Cuboid 150 with a Geek Vape Griffin 22mm, Wismec RX2/3 with a Goon RDA, Wismec Noisy Cricket with a Royal Hunter Mini RDA.
Tomorrow I'm picking up a second hand Kennedy Ruby Mod.
My GAS for guitar gear has transitioned into vape gear...

BrailleDecibel

Member Of The 27" Club
Reaction score
I've actually gotten into mech's lately, I also work at a vape shop now.
My current setups are a SIMPL Clone with a Geek Vape Tsunami, Joyetech Cuboid 150 with a Geek Vape Griffin 22mm, Wismec RX2/3 with a Goon RDA, Wismec Noisy Cricket with a Royal Hunter Mini RDA.
Tomorrow I'm picking up a second hand Kennedy Ruby Mod.
My GAS for guitar gear has transitioned into vape gear...

So would that be VAS, or MAS now? :lol:

Pretty sure I already posted what my setup is in this thread somewhere, but I just got a few new juices that are the bomb.com. :hbang: I got some Space Jam Omega (not sure what flavor it's supposed to be, but it's fruity and tastes excellent...anyone know what it is? I suppose I could Google it :lol: ), and a bottle each of some Absinthe and Cantaloupe flavors mixed at the local shop here in Orofino...good stuff, for sure!

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
3 and a half years without a single cigarette now. I'm down to 3mg/l of nicotin and plan to go 0 in 2018. (I started from 3 packs of rolled tobacco a week so I'm taking it slow...)
Currently rocking a Provari with a Taifun GTII air and it's my final setup as long as nothing breaks. I've has that for 6 months now and I'm very satisfied with it. Not interesting in sub ohm stuff as I don't need people to see me coming from the other side of town by studying the smoke signals :D

i actually quit vaping last year because i had noticed instead of the green/brown snot build up from smoking i'd get frequent migraines and my sinuses would hurt.

That is usually a sign your nicotin dosage is too strong. Even as heavy smoker I couldn't vape 18mg stuff without coughing I went to 12 straight away. (Then 6 and now 3)

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
While I admire the mentality of reduce, reuse, recycle, you do remember that you wrote about how someone could buy a noisy cricket brand new for $8 towards the top of this page, and then you're selling a used one for $15...

I think maybe your prices would be more fair if shipping were included.

Honestly though, I give my vape gear away for free. Given my buddy at least two setups, gave away one to the warehouse guy. If someone wanted to pay for the shipping I'd send you any of my old sh/t that you asked for. However, I did just go through a cleansing and tossed a bunch of crap.

AngstRiddenDreams

Filthy Casual
Reaction score
While I admire the mentality of reduce, reuse, recycle, you do remember that you wrote about how someone could buy a noisy cricket brand new for $8 towards the top of this page, and then you're selling a used one for $15...

I think maybe your prices would be more fair if shipping were included.

Honestly though, I give my vape gear away for free. Given my buddy at least two setups, gave away one to the warehouse guy. If someone wanted to pay for the shipping I'd send you any of my old sh/t that you asked for. However, I did just go through a cleansing and tossed a bunch of crap.

It comes with the upgrade kit which has a magnetic button and non-hybrid 510, as well as a tube mech that came with the upgrade kit. The upgrade kit was $15 before shipping and tax.

And yeah, that was on a Black Friday sale, they are back up to listing around $20 new.

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
I apologize for the necro bump, but I guess this is a small vent and relevant to the main topic and smoking.

I had gone down to 0 nicotine some months ago, and from there, just quit vaping all together. Felt nice not dealing with it, constantly buying juice, etc. My girlfriend still vapes, but is also very poor at taking care of her equipment, so I would end up giving her my mods. Due to said poor handling, this happened multiple times, and even had to buy a few. She was also vaping 18 nicotine, which I could barely take a full hit from (or even taste the flavor. Like dry ice to the throat).
Due to a lot of stress going on in life, I had begun buying packs of cigarettes. I've always enjoyed a good cigarette (which I guess is ironic given I can't handle high levels of nicotine with vape, but I guess that's a vape vs tobacco issue). But I was the type that could smoke a pack, and then it'd be 6 months before I'd touch another one, and the worst I felt was little irritable for a few hours. With the pretty much chain smoking I've been doing (and the fact that I'm not getting any younger, and have the stressed of a 2 year old and a gf with some physical limitations, mostly rheumatoid arthritis (THAT in itself made worse that she loves to play guitar and piano)), I've definitely have felt the effects of my... maybe not excessive in comparison to an average smoker, but definitely more than my body is use to.
Yesterday, I ended up at the vape shop nearby my job twice because my girlfriends Smok Stick V8 was autofiring, destroying coils quickly and leaking. At first we thought it was the coil, but after trying that, it looks like there's an internal connection issue with the 510 causing it to auto fire (and giving me a nice burn on my fingers on the process). I'm 90% certain my two year old somehow got a hold of it and tossed it, possible into some water. Anyway, since this was my first time in a real vape shop in some time, I saw how much premium juice, and hardware, has changed.

So in the end, I just ordered me a Smok Alien Kit (and a replacement Stick V8 for my gf, since everything is cheaper online). Think going back to vaping may help me a little bit. I pretty much never went above 6 nicotine when I did regularly vape, and usually can settle at 3 nicotine (small amount of nicotine seems to hit the spot with help with my anxiety and getting me to chill the fuck out for a bit). Anyone else have a Smok Alien? Seems like its a fairly popular device, and other than the Stick V8 issue (which wasn't their fault anyway), I've always found Smok products to be quality.

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
Smok Alien is supposed to be a very good product. I've never used one though. I had a Smok TVF4 Micro and really hated it, so I haven't gone back to their products. But they do consistently get great reviews.

So, the other day I also had a real cigarette, and it caused me to realize that I wanted a vape that isn't like smoking a hookah, and is more like smoking a cigarette. So I picked up an eleaf icare mini. This thing is so small.

eleaf-icare-ecig.jpg

^that's not my pic. It looks even tinier in my hand.

It's 1.1 ohm.

Also, its like 15 bucks on element vape

It's a hassle to refill, but like, with pos ohm vaping you don't go through juice nearly as fast. The 2ml tank lasts me all day, as does the 650mAh battery. But just because I never know what I'll be up to next, I sometimes give it a quick charge on the computer usb and it takes like not even 10 minutes.

The major issue with this product is that it spits back terribly. You have to get a pipe screen (like from a head shop) and cut it to size and pop it in--instantly fixed. If it gets too juicy you gotta pop the top off and dip a tissue corner in there. But despite all that, I totally love it. It's so light and small you'll forget it's in your pocket. Sometimes I even put it in my change pocket (you know the tiny pocket on the right side of your jeans). I've been enjoying doing MtL hits instead of DL hits and kinda feeling like I am smoking a cigarette.

I bought another one for BBQ parties with no time for charging, slightly different and called a "myMini". It has a traditional 510 drip tip that prevents spitback. It also has a better design for refilling. However, the eleaf icare mini produces better flavor and is lighter, and I like the wide narrow drip tip better than the round 510 type on the mymini.

There's one more called the minnow by vaporshark, but they want 30$ for it, so screw that when I know these are only 15$

There's a vaporesso ultra compact vape being sold now that seems pretty nice also, but the only two designs are kissy lips and a indian headdress skull, which is just so god damned tacky.

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
So I ended up grabbing one of those Vaporesso Aurora vapes, the ones that look like a lighter. The shop I saw it at was selling them for 45 bucks so I was like nawww but when I saw vapenw selling them for 25 I so ordered one.

OK, this thing looks goofy, but it kicks the everliving ass of those eleaf icare/wismec mymini/vaporshark minnow type vapes.

aurora_13.png

Yeah, I probably look pretty strange to people who think I'm drinking a butane lighter, but I've got some 6mg nicotine high menthol ejuice in there and this thing literally is like smoking a cigarette. It has ZERO spitback, probably aided by the curved stem. At first I thought it would be hard to smoke a zippo shaped vape, but the pipe stem makes it actually very comfortable. The tank is quite small, only about 1 dropper worth of juice. Actually you can do 1.5 but it gets perilously close to overflowing down the chimney (as this is a bottom-fill device). The tank is held in by a magnet, you can rotate that pipe stem any direction you please. The tank's coil (which is the base) has a ridge on the bottom for you to unscrew it using a penny, since otherwise it's pretty smooth and tiny and probably difficult to get a good grip.

But honestly, the small, bottom-fill tank is hardly a bother because these coils are over 1 ohm so they don't burn through it so fast. However, this vape is such a pleasure to use that I find myself vaping more than ordinary.

That it closes up is great too. No lint down your drip tip. It's a little bit larger than your classic zippo. You'd think that the "cap" would be annoying, but because it's relatively heavy metal construction it sorta helps the device balance on your index finger.

I see they now have some plain finishes without silly graphics on them. Oh well, as tacky as my skeleton chief may be, it's kinda grown on me. Mine isn't black with a gold chief, but instead silvery with a white chief.

The first coil didn't work and I thought I had a defective product. I even requested an RMA before I tried switching the coil for the other one that came with it, and then it worked fine. I hope I don't get many more dud coils in the pack I'm intending to order.

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
Finally got around to picking up a TFV-8 yesterday. Slapped it onto my sigeliei 213 and it works pretty well. Got it in gold just to match. I would strongly suggest getting one if you like tanks.

I know this is super old, but I have a TFV-8 that has given me nothing but problems. It leaks constantly. I've looked up all the fixes on YouTube, but nothing has helped it. Switched to a Twisted Messes drip top. It's annoying having to refill it every 3-5 hits, but it's better than having my pockets filled with juice.

My current setup is a Jay Bo RX200 mod with said Twisted Messes RDA atomizer. I alternate between 3mg and 0mg, but I've had 3mg this whole deployment. Used this great service called Vape-A-Vet that offers free juice to deployed and stateside active duty military members for free with shipping (some sort of legal ramification). I got 9 bottles of various juices from various brands, but I've been loving this stuff from Vape Wild called 'Murica. Not only because I'm full blown 'Murica, but I'm also obsessed with rocket pop flavor. Will likely buy from them when I run out, though I don't see going through 8-20ml bottles in the next 4 months.

Last edited:

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
Oooo over 6 months with no action in the vape thread. Has this fad died already?

My vaporesso aurora is still awesome, I still use it every day. I can't believe this product wasn't more popular, but I'm pretty sure it's all but off the market now, and who knows if you can get coils.

Since I made the switch to >1 ohm vaping back in June and fucking around with a few different ultra-compact units (which all fucking suck compared to the aurora) I picked up a Nautilus tank. Gotta say, they really did come up with an excellent product considering how many years old it is. Unfortunately I over-tightened it in a very extreme way because I believed it wasn't sealing properly, and then ended up bending it in my attempts to re-open it. I switched to a Nautilus 2 tank, which I gotta say is a much better tank... except the design for refilling is absolutely stupid. It's a top fill-tank, but you have to completely remove the tank from your mod before you can open the top of the tank... which imo totally defeats the purpose of having a top-fill tank. While it looks good visually, the smooth/seemless connection between the top and the bottom of the tank makes it almost impossible for me to open without use of a rubber grippy sheet. The size is only 2ml, so I feel like I have to have a rubber grippy sheet like on my person if I were to ever want to take this vape with me. Furthermore, you can't change the coil without draining the tank and removing the glass... basically disassembling the whole tank. So fuck that.

-----
Innokin, a brand name that you almost never hear anymore, just this year released a product called the Zenith tank. This thing is the nautilus killer.

INK-ZEN10-5.jpg

4ml size, 1.6ohm (or 0.8ohm) coils, top fill system doesn't even involve removing a cap from the tank, let alone the entire tank from the mod. You just twist a top ring about 1/3 a turn and it opens up for you. But it's not too loose by any means, I wouldn't worry about it opening in my pocket (though I'll probably just use this at home since I have a good pocket vape). It's a nice steel construction, comparatively heavy, "high quality" feeling like the Uwell Crown. Changing coils is a breeze, no gorilla hands necessary. They actually plug in instead of screwing in, which is kinda freaky, but no leakage! Also, opening the top simultaneously closes the juice ports of the coil so it can't flood. Pretty ingenious.

The actual quality of vape is very similar to Nautilus 2, which imo is much better than the original Nautilus. But the 4ml size and ease of refilling and changing coils makes it like... the best MtL tank ever made.

Kaura

Je suis ketchup
Reaction score
Bought my first machine today. A Joyetech Teros. I don't know anything about these things but this is what my sister has been using and it was super cheap. Works for me. Whatever keeps me from smoking analog cigarettes. :lol:

Kaura

Je suis ketchup
Reaction score
Half a week later and the smoke from my vape tastes/smells like molten nickel. Yuck!

')