Any strapping young lad fans out there?

• Thread starter Thrashmanzac
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Devin is the eternal master of all that is vocal harmonies. If I could choose any singer for a band or project it'd be him cause he can do anything, and everything he does is brilliant... Alien is one of my favorite records of all time. Its just so perfect in every way... :metal:

Dude, the chorus on "Day 3: Pain" off Aeyron's "The Human Equation" is the most gorgeous fucking thing I've ever heard. :hbang:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

FYP666

Kick The Gates Open
Reaction score
I'm a huge fan. I love the creavity of HevyDevy, and It's so lovely to see him live preaching to us that we're bunch of cocksuker gay-banana-in-the-ass-people. All Hail SYL! :)

Reaction score
Dude, the chorus on "Day 3: Pain" off Aeyron's "The Human Equation" is the most gorgeous fucking thing I've ever heard. :hbang:

When I listened to that album I was like: "When will Devin appear for the first time?"... And then BANG: INSTANT ORGASM... That part is something only he could create... he is fucking sick.

Nitsuj

Reaction score
"Lovvve.... is a way of feeeling.."

the hair on my back just stood up when I first heard him sing that. :metal:

lucasreis

ERG Ambassador
Reaction score
I like Alien but I couldn´t get into them to call myself a fan, I don´t know, I appreciate what they do and the fact that the band is really weird, I like weird stuff, but Devin is really really good, I love his guitar tones and ideas anyway.

Thrashmanzac

plays in 69/42
Reaction score
I liked Ziltoid, I thought it was heavy and funny.

I dunno, I got kinda disappointed in SYL after City cause I loved that CD so much. It was crazy!

And there are shitloads of SYL/Devin fans here on the boards! I think it's Drew who has a sign over his recording gear that reads: "What would Devin do?"

:hbang:

yeah city is so fucking good
haha wwdd, thats so good

another fan here too.
I listen to their stuff pretty often.
so are they now officially done? No more?
that would be tragic.

well i read that devin gave it up and moved to the mountains with his wife and kids, and he used syl to vent his anger and frustration, apparently he has neither now that he has his wife and kid...

one of the best bands IMO, dev can play like a mad man:shred:

oh and you want tabs for allmost again they have them on ultimate guitar tabs, but I think they are in guitar pro format.

fuck, thanks heaps man!

7thwave

Reaction score
i am loving syl at the moment!
currently am learning detox, so my six string is tuned c g c g c e, is so fucking good.:hbang:
anyone got the tabs for almost again, off the new black?

devin towsend is a crazy guitarist:metal:

I'm a huuuge fan of Devin, he is my favourite musician.

Just as a geeky fanboy point, unlike most of Devs other stuff detox is actually in drop D, i don't know if that will be in anyway useful to you.

Mastodon

Songs about My Cats
Reaction score
well i read that devin gave it up and moved to the mountains with his wife and kids, and he used syl to vent his anger and frustration, apparently he has neither now that he has his wife and kid...

He also said that he'll still be producing music from up there though.

Zepp88

Arktanian Diplomat
Contributor
Reaction score
I've been thinking of changing it to "What Would Steven Wilson Do?" but yeah, that's me.

Nick, Devin's done touring, but still plans on recording. So we'll get music, we just won't see him live.

Do it. Now. :squint:

I like Devins work though, I enjoy his DTB and otherwise solo stuff a bit more.

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
i thought it was a solo project thing of his??:scratch:

Ah, yes, a quick trip to Amazon.com seems to show that you're right. My bad. I love his DTB material, though, so as long as he keeps doing that, I'll be happy enough.

Thrashmanzac

plays in 69/42
Reaction score
Ah, yes, a quick trip to Amazon.com seems to show that you're right. My bad. I love his DTB material, though, so as long as he keeps doing that, I'll be happy enough.

nah thats ok, yeah i like it, just not as much as his syl stuff, and im fucking shattered that i wont be able to see them live :wallbash: :noplease:

hunter75

Reaction score
you lucky bastard!
my guitar teacher has too, he recons they're amasing live!
do you know of any syl live dvds?:scratch:

Yes go get "For those aboot to rock" :hbang: its basically everything from strapping young lad back to heavy as a really heavy thing, would die to have a dvd of them playing stuff off Alien specially skeksis :shred:

')