Any suggestions

Reaction score
ive decided im gonna get a seven string, but i have basicly no idea which one i want. budget is about £700. active pick ups would be nice but not essicial. I primarily play metal and deathcore guitar. so anyones opinion or advice is welcome. :hbang:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

rob_707

but will it Bethesda?
Reaction score
schecter guitar has some nice ones for pretty cheap, also agile guitars have a couple as well but i think there about 800 could be wrong.
P.S if your gonna do a low tunein on it you may wanna look at getting a longer scale IMO!

Reaction score
schecter guitar has some nice ones for pretty cheap, also agile guitars have a couple as well but i think there about 800 could be wrong.
P.S if your gonna do a low tunein on it you may wanna look at getting a longer scale IMO!

Yeah thanks the damien 7 looks pretty good for spec

areyna21

Reaction score
I've always found that you can get a good new guitar or a way better guitar for the same price or cheaper that's used. I own a schecter avenger a-7 elite and a ibanez 7620 and they are completly different and i bought both used. The ibanez rg7620 was originally 1200 back in the 90's and i got it for 300 bucks with emgs 81-7/707 installed used. I have only seen one avenger like mine that sold for 500 used and i got mine for 300. Some people take care of their stuff and you can find great deals but you just have to look. My advice would be to not rule out used guitars and at least take a look because you might stumble on something amazing for cheap.

MED

Reaction score
Used Ibanez 7321 or 7620 is always a solid choice. Just throw some decent pickups in there, Blackouts or EMGs since Ibanez isn't exactly known for their tonewood choice.

Dead Undead

New again
Reaction score
Used Ibanez 7321 or 7620 is always a solid choice. Just throw some decent pickups in there, Blackouts or EMGs since Ibanez isn't exactly known for their tonewood choice.

I've heard some iffy stuff about the 7321's... but Ibanez is a good choice typically. And if you do get the Ibanez and go with the actives idea, Blackouts all the way.
But for metal, Schecter is probably the better route to take. I wouldn't know since I've only played 2 Schecters so far and I didn't like either.
But I find that one usually overlooked brand is ESP. For the price, they really aren't all that bad.
I don't think Jackson has much in the way of 7's besides the SLAT3-7, which is pretty pricey. REALLY nice guitar though. Doesn't get much better than a Jackson without getting into custom guitars.
Definitely look around in used guitars.

Reaction score
I've heard some iffy stuff about the 7321's... but Ibanez is a good choice typically. And if you do get the Ibanez and go with the actives idea, Blackouts all the way.
But for metal, Schecter is probably the better route to take. I wouldn't know since I've only played 2 Schecters so far and I didn't like either.
But I find that one usually overlooked brand is ESP. For the price, they really aren't all that bad.
I don't think Jackson has much in the way of 7's besides the SLAT3-7, which is pretty pricey. REALLY nice guitar though. Doesn't get much better than a Jackson without getting into custom guitars.
Definitely look around in used guitars.

I dunno bout jacksons, cos my guitar teacher said that the Christian Olde Wolbers signiture 7 string was a good way to go :shred:

BIGRIGG

Reaction score
I know this may seem obvious, but TRY out as many as you can first. Guitars are like bikes, or motorcycles. We all have our favourite ride, but it's so personal. You need to hold it in your hands if possible. If you could try your top 5 choices blindfolded and pick the best. That's the true test. Play it with your eyes closed and how does it feel and sound. Not the name on the headstock or the endorsee from your fav band etc. Good luck.

Latest posts

')