Any tips for making my axe fx2 sound really good live?

• Thread starter markgov
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

markgov

Reaction score
YO! So im running my axe fx thru a peavey 6505+ or JVM210H as some of you guys already know and I just want to get the best live sound possible. I use an orangeppc412 as a cab. I play a shecter blackjack atx 8 string with blackouts and im looking for more of a glasscloud type tone. Do you have any eq tips or amp tips for this kind of setup? My other guitarist in the band plays the exact same kind of guitar but goes thru a mark V head then thru a mesa stiletto cab

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

7stringDemon

Reaction score
You can always plug your Axe-Fx into the PA. Then keep the rig up there for decoration and back up if your Axe explodes or something.

Jzbass25

Reaction score
PA will sound best probably but maybe try a transparent poweramp.

vick1000

Reaction score
Ditch the amps and get some rack power, or ditch the FX.

TheDepthsWillRise

Reaction score
I run my AxeFX2 into a Rockerverb and Orange 412 and I use a dual amp patch where one has the PA bypassed and the other does not. Then I just mix them until the feel is where I want it. Lots of tweaking to taste for sure, but it's worked as a starting point for a few patches I really like.

Wrecklyss

Custom Speaker Cabinet Builder
Reaction score
You already have two really good amps, use the tone from them and the effects from the Axe FXII. Should be an amazing combination live.

spaghettipomodoro

Reaction score
Have outs 1/2 go DI to FOH and have outs 3/4 go to the power amp and to the cab. Best of both worlds; it's what I'm intending on doing. I'm playing some gigs this weekend with this setup and I can let you know how it goes :)

Loomer

Comfortably Dumb
Reaction score
Practice your playing and picking attack.

No, really.

Latest posts

')